To trade or not to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Think they are shopping Wiggins? I was surprised Russell didn't sign there last FA round.
    I think they would do anything to get rid of wiggins but no one wants him
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Cause him and Towns are friends. Towns, Russell, Booker is going to be the next era super team. The wolves want to be the ones to make that team before the suns or someone else has a chance.
      Towns + Russell + Booker = super team? huh?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bobby and MU it’s time for you to do some magic and get Devin Booker here.

imagine pascal, Devin and giannis that’s a championship. Keep gasol or serge or even better both.

Comment

Cause him and Towns are friends. Towns, Russell, Booker is going to be the next era super team. The wolves want to be the ones to make that team before the suns or someone else has a chance.
          Well, I would say it's more because they can't sign any free agents, don't have many tradeable assets, and need to win now or else Towns is going to want out of there. Russell is a legitimately good player they otherwise could never get and he is under contract, so he's less likely to walk right away and there aren't many options like that for them.

No one is forming a 'superteam' in Minnesota.

Comment

Unless it's Lebron & Wade (or Lebron + anybody) that buddy-buddy stuff tends not to work on the court. Lowry, DeRozan & Rudy Gay were about as tight as it gets off the court, but probably the worst chemistry we've ever seen on the court in a Raptors uniform.

Westbrook and Harden is the latest attempt at off-court BFFs, with D'Antoni starting to resort to even more gimmicky lineups to try and make it work.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Well, I would say it's more because they can't sign any free agents, don't have many tradeable assets, and need to win now or else Towns is going to want out of there. Russell is a legitimately good player they otherwise could never get and he is under contract, so he's less likely to walk right away and there aren't many options like that for them.

lol. Yeah, you have to feel bad for the T-Wolves. Minnesota has the cold weather of Toronto, without the nightlife, culture & winning. They don't even have Prince anymore. Russell even said he didn't want to sign there in the off-season, because of the weather.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

May not be in Minnesota but those guys are on record of wanting to team up. Minny gets the advantage if they land 2/3. And besides Russell. Towns and Booker are both in situation that they would be very happy to leave. Pheonix and Minny both have to do something within the next 2 years to help these guys or its going to be A.D 2.0.

Comment

• We have to make a trade if we want to be true contenders. This roster is not enough.

We are 7-12 against teams above .500. Yes, we have had a ton of injuries but I think we all can see there’s something missing. It doesn’t have to be an All-Star but a borderline guy or the next tier down might be enough if we can stay healthy.

Comment

• What does everybody think about how Memphis is handling the Iggy situation? It seemed most people in league circles just expected them to buy him out a long time ago so he could join one of the L.A teams. Memphis stands pat and say they will only trade. Now if they don't get a deal by deadline and they buy him out he could go to join a potential 1st round opponent? I like that they haven't bent over to help a big market team so far.
                    Do you think it's worth it to just hold onto him if no one comes with an offer? Or will agents/players remember that when the are making F.A pitches?

Comment

What does everybody think about how Memphis is handling the Iggy situation? It seemed most people in league circles just expected them to buy him out a long time ago so he could join one of the L.A teams. Memphis stands pat and say they will only trade. Now if they don't get a deal by deadline and they buy him out he could go to join a potential 1st round opponent? I like that they haven't bent over to help a big market team so far.
                      Do you think it's worth it to just hold onto him if no one comes with an offer? Or will agents/players remember that when the are making F.A pitches?
                      I think all teams should be more like Memphis and make players play out there contract. No bs like when we bought out Alonzo mourning. I'd say if you want out that's fine we'll pay you $1.

Comment

What does everybody think about how Memphis is handling the Iggy situation? It seemed most people in league circles just expected them to buy him out a long time ago so he could join one of the L.A teams. Memphis stands pat and say they will only trade. Now if they don't get a deal by deadline and they buy him out he could go to join a potential 1st round opponent? I like that they haven't bent over to help a big market team so far.
                        The whole Igoudala situation is very peculiar. Why isn't he playing? Is he injured? I know the official reasoning is "he's healing his body for a year" and then will find a place to land. That sounds a little too fluffy to me. Maybe I'm old fashioned but if you're not injured, and yet feel you can't physically take an NBA season after your summer break, you either (a) retire or (b) go to your coach, explain the situation, and ask for a role with reduced minutes you feel you can handle. From Memphis's perspective, they're paying him. So yeah the least they can do is play hardball and get some assets in return if he's not ready to play there.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

The whole Igoudala situation is very peculiar. Why isn't he playing? Is he injured? I know the official reasoning is "he's healing his body for a year" and then will find a place to land. That sounds a little too fluffy to me. Maybe I'm old fashioned but if you're not injured, and yet feel you can't physically take an NBA season after your summer break, you either (a) retire or (b) go to your coach, explain the situation, and ask for a role with reduced minutes you feel you can handle. From Memphis's perspective, they're paying him. So yeah the least they can do is play hardball and get some assets in return if he's not ready to play there.
                          At first memphis wanted him to report to training camp. He refused. Then Memphis came out and said they made a mutual agreement that he will stay away from the team till they find a trade partner. Iggy seems to think he's above even showing up for a team that isnt a contender. It would be hilarious if they can't find a trade they just held him and said either you play or no one going to know your real value when you hit F.A next summer.
                          If he is traded i would like to see him either with us, Mavs or Nugs. Fuck L.A

Comment

At first memphis wanted him to report to training camp. He refused. Then Memphis came out and said they made a mutual agreement that he will stay away from the team till they find a trade partner. Iggy seems to think he's above even showing up for a team that isnt a contender. It would be hilarious if they can't find a trade they just held him and said either you play or no one going to know your real value when you hit F.A next summer.
                            If he is traded i would like to see him either with us, Mavs or Nugs. Fuck L.A
                            What would you give up for Iggy though. Because unless there is a third team involved it would be very hard to make the salaries match. I really don't think he's worth giving up Ibaka or Powell for him. He's making 17mil a season

Comment

• People here, Do not you think that Wiggins will do good here in Toronto ?
                              The guy is still only 24 years old.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

This whole situation has really soured my opinion of Iguodala. He's basically turned up his nose on playing for a decent young team, and is getting paid while not fulfilling any part of his contract. He was even on TV recently talking about how happy he's been to take a year off of playing, and how it will extend his career a bit longer
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X