Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do with your day today without sports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Didn't know this was on YouTube, pretty great - full Joe Carter walk off game, 1993 WS.

I was at that game. Got a call from a buddy with an extra ticket less than 1 hour before game-time (his date stood him up, lol, poor guy).

Right field corner, about 20 rows up. I had a bird's eye view of the flight of the ball off Carter's bat. In the stadium there was a split-second of stunned silence when it cleared the fence, which felt like about 10 seconds, where we were all processing the magnitude of the moment. Then.... explosion of joy.... and the party spilled out into the streets.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I was at that game. Got a call from a buddy with an extra ticket less than 1 hour before game-time (his date stood him up, lol, poor guy).

Right field corner, about 20 rows up. I had a bird's eye view of the flight of the ball off Carter's bat. In the stadium there was a split-second of stunned silence when it cleared the fence, which felt like about 10 seconds, where we were all processing the magnitude of the moment. Then.... explosion of joy.... and the party spilled out into the streets.
      Damn. That's amazing.

Also, that team was stacked. Watching that game's a reminder of how big a gap there is between a championship level roster and everything we've seen from the Jays since.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Damn. That's amazing.

Also, that team was stacked. Watching that game's a reminder of how big a gap there is between a championship level roster and everything we've seen from the Jays since.
        I watched a historic Jays game the other day and was reminded how good Ricky Henderson was, even later in his career. Automatic stolen base once he got on.

He's only remembered after Joe Carter, Alomar, Dave Winfield, Molitor and other acquisitions like David Cone and Jack Morris, even Dave Stewart, but played a big role.

Comment

Didn't know this was on YouTube, pretty great - full Joe Carter walk off game, 1993 WS.

Thanks for the link. Saw the last couple of innings again. We had the bases loaded in the bottom of the 8th. Pat Borders could have been the hero. Not his shining moment I guess.

But Williams looked rattled in the 9th. Ricky called a timeout and he went to try and pitch it anyway. Just never got comfortable. Walked Ricky. Got hit by Molitor and then the walk off by Carter (Devon had a flyout but that could have easily been a hit too).

That was pretty damn exciting watching that on my couch with my family.

Comment

• Rough year for Jays fans - Damaso Garcia passed today, Tony Fernandez passed a couple of months ago - keystone combo for the Jays in the early-mid 80's

Comment

• More and more I'm hearing people say thank goodness this whole situation didn't happen in December and mess up Christmas or January and keep us cooped up inside while any social distancing walks are freezing.

Note to Mother Nature, we could still use some above average temps to help out here

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                More and more I'm hearing people say thank goodness this whole situation didn't happen in December and mess up Christmas or January and keep us cooped up inside while any social distancing walks are freezing.

Note to Mother Nature, we could still use some above average temps to help out here
                This has every potential to knock out NEXT Christmas tbh
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

This has every potential to knock out NEXT Christmas tbh
                  I don't believe that for a second personally. Unless it comes back ....

You're going to see limited back to work and social gathering happen over this Summer. 50% of the population would be bankrupt and 90% of mortgages and car leases would be severely in arrears or forfeited, otherwise.

The US is already talking about opening up restrictions on border crossings. No way they allow that on this side of the border for quite some time though as NY and MI are still hot spots for the foreseeable future and as longs as goods are flowing, there's very little need for personal trips.

Comment

I don't believe that for a second personally. Unless it comes back ....

You're going to see limited back to work and social gathering happen over this Summer. 50% of the population would be bankrupt and 90% of mortgages and car leases would be severely in arrears or forfeited, otherwise.

The US is already talking about opening up restrictions on border crossings. No way they allow that on this side of the border for quite some time though as NY and MI are still hot spots for the foreseeable future and as longs as goods are flowing, there's very little need for personal trips.
                    I don't believe it either, but as they say, you have to see it to believe it

Comment

• NBA HORSE Challenge .... s-n-o-r-e

Comment

NBA HORSE Challenge .... s-n-o-r-e
                        Some TV exec doing blow thought this one up. "Picture this! Off the scoreboard, into the rafters, bounce down into the seats, boom, boom, swish! Moneyyyyy!"

Comment

• Finally back to some decent weather in the GTA, at least for today. I have some work to do around the yard like rebuilding a garden bench and plan on having a bit of a bonfire and burgers on the grill today.

Also found a bunny nest that I need to make sure my dogs stay away from.

Had a too close for comfort meeting with a skunk last night that miraculously didn't spray

There, you're all caught up ....

Comment

• In a different timeline we are all watching the raps lose game 1 to the Nets right now
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              In a different timeline we are all watching the raps lose game 1 to the Nets right now
                              And sh!tting our pants that Kevin Durant will make his season debut in game 5.

Comment

• Can they just start showing the entire Raps playoff run again?

Comment

Working...
                                X