Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Great One wrote: View Post
    lol


    frank vogel deserves a look for coach of the year too. kyle kuzma is a no brainer at sixth man and for MIP.

    and it's a close race but i'd vote alex caruso for ROY for his contributions to turning a non-playoff team into the best in the west. even though he's not a rookie, i just think that needs to be recognized over putting up big numbers on fringe playoff teams like morant or zion.

    /the view from lakerland

    Comment


    • chris wrote: View Post

      frank vogel deserves a look for coach of the year too. kyle kuzma is a no brainer at sixth man and for MIP.

      and it's a close race but i'd vote alex caruso for ROY for his contributions to turning a non-playoff team into the best in the west. even though he's not a rookie, i just think that needs to be recognized over putting up big numbers on fringe playoff teams like morant or zion.

      /the view from lakerland
      You had me going until Caruso

      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • KeonClark wrote: View Post

        You had me going until Caruso

        i'm honestly a little insulted that you could read those first two sentences and think i was serious at all.

        they don't have any other plausible candidates for ROY other than caruso. i had to look up their roster and they have two rookies, talen horton-tucker and devontae cacok, who have combined for 5 total minutes this year.

        Comment


        • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          A franchise on par with Sarvers Suns hits the open market

          There will be more sales.... many owners are not as solid financially as the public believes.

          Comment


          • Th e Giannis/LeBron "debate" is dumb. There really shouldn't be a debate lol. It feels like ESPN is pushing the LeBron is MVP narrative too.

            Giannis is putting up historical numbers. 30/14/5, and he's putting up those numbers playing 30 mins a game. He's also the leading candidate for DPOY, his Bucks team were on pace for 70+ wins before the season was suspended...and oh he didn't have Anthony Davis/another top 5 player playing on his team.

            How can anyone argue LeBron is the MVP lol.
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • And don't get me started who the COY is. Taylor Jenkins? lol.
              Mamba Mentality

              Comment


              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Pascal, Marc and Serge combine for 93 minutes per game. RHJ plays the 4 as well..so don't expect much of anything for Boucher when the games get really serious
                Evidently Boucher has put on 15 pounds and is eating Disneyland out of steak and salads....

                Comment


                • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                  Evidently Boucher has put on 15 pounds and is eating Disneyland out of steak and salads....
                  Boucher treating Disney like an all-inclusive vacation. lol.

                  Comment


                  • golden wrote: View Post

                    Boucher treating Disney like an all-inclusive vacation. lol.

                    Comment


                    • DanH wrote: View Post
                      Yep, Nurse has referred to McCaw being in the top 8 all season long, as completely nonsensical as that is. If anything, I hope he does give them some run together so he can lose some of that confidence he has in McCaw.
                      Eh Im not too concerned 8-12 is all situational guys come postseason. Think McCaw has seen a lot of action cause in many games we don’t have another slightly below average PnR handler coming off the bench. Nick loves ball handlers and McCaw’s a low usage high assist rate guy - fits in most of the depleted lineups. Come playoffs though I agree I cant see a situation he should see much run - least likely of those situational guys to really have a moment and provide a spark.
                      Last edited by DogeLover1234; Wed Jul 22, 2020, 12:39 AM.

                      Comment


                      • McCaw made that layup once, we're good.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                        Comment


                        • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                          Evidently Boucher has put on 15 pounds and is eating Disneyland out of steak and salads....
                          I'm interested to see how he plays with the extra muscle. Apparently he's been really balling out in practice, pushing for more minutes. Every team needs a couple hungry guys on the bench, it can only push everyone else.

                          Comment


                          • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

                            Eh Im not too concerned 8-12 is all situational guys come postseason. Think McCaw has seen a lot of action cause in many games we don’t have another slightly below average PnR handler coming off the bench. Nick loves ball handlers and McCaw’s a low usage high assist rate guy - fits in most of the depleted lineups. Come playoffs though I agree I cant see a situation he should see much run - least likely of those situational guys to really have a moment and provide a spark.
                            I would LOVE to have your optimism, but Nurse has consistently referred to a top 8 with no hint of thinking of any of those 8 as situational. 9-12 seem to be situational, which is the problem, because Boucher, RHJ, Thomas and especially Terry II are all dramatically better players than McCaw.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • DanH wrote: View Post

                              I would LOVE to have your optimism, but Nurse has consistently referred to a top 8 with no hint of thinking of any of those 8 as situational. 9-12 seem to be situational, which is the problem, because Boucher, RHJ, Thomas and especially Terry II are all dramatically better players than McCaw.
                              Based on my theory that the opposite of what Doug Smith writes will come to pass, the fact he did not even mention McCaw in his top 10 rotation players in a recent article suggests to me that McCaw may in fact be the starting 2-guard when play resumes.

                              Comment


                              • Some scrimmage games start today.. one as early as 3pm. Think its a Clippers game. If I can get a break from work, I might try and watch that. Hopefully we still get the free league pass that they gave out during the break (haven't used it for awhile now).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X