• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

So why were the Wizards invited again?
    Cause it's a gimme game.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Because they were one of the 6 teams within 6 games of a playoff position. Not sure why everybody picks on the Wizards, like the Suns or Kings are so much better
      I mean lets be honest none of them should have came. There really isnt a reason other than money. I feel like the NBA rushed back without really getting a good pulse of the situation. Yes I commend the league for giving players an honest choice to partake or not but they pretty clearly went for max earnings with little care for what teams wanted knowing the backlash would probably fall on players for looking like divas.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

I mean lets be honest none of them should have came. There really isnt a reason other than money. I feel like the NBA rushed back without really getting a good pulse of the situation. Yes I commend the league for giving players an honest choice to partake or not but they pretty clearly went for max earnings with little care for what teams wanted knowing the backlash would probably fall on players for looking like divas.
        Some of the west teams currently on the bubble would have had legit complaints about not having a chance to make the playoffs, which some teams and players do actually care about.

And I'm not sure about 'rushing back'. The owners voted for it. The NBAPA approved it. It took them months. You aren't going to make everyone happy. Look, it's July and there hasn't been a game. How much more deliberate could they have been and still saved the season?

Comment

• Scottie likes the Raptors in the playoffs:

Comment

• Dinwiddie and now Prince are both officially out (Prince caught it as well). With Jordan, Chandler, KD and Kyrie, that's a big chunk of the team not playing. I'd be curious what happens if the Nets just throw the white flag on this thing.

It happened in MLS when the Dallas team called it quits.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Scottie likes the Raptors in the playoffs:
              ESPN also has them as 4th in Power Rankings right now, just behind the LA's and Milwaukee which is pretty reasonable.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

ESPN also has them as 4th in Power Rankings right now, just behind the LA's and Milwaukee which is pretty reasonable.
                Yup, the Bucks, Clippers and Lakers are the top tier of contenders. Raptors and Celtics are the best of the next tier
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• NHL just cancelled a tuneup game as 6 players tested positive.
                  I still doubt any of these leagues finish the playoffs or certainly not without issues. As soon as one player tests positive from inside the bubble, the whole team has to self isolate for two weeks and so does the team they played. Unsustainable unless they change the isolation rules.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Scottie likes the Raptors in the playoffs:
                    Scottie out here looking like something in between a 50 year old Kawhi Leonard and Snoop Dogg
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      NHL just cancelled a tuneup game as 6 players tested positive.
                      I still doubt any of these leagues finish the playoffs or certainly not without issues. As soon as one player tests positive from inside the bubble, the whole team has to self isolate for two weeks and so does the team they played. Unsustainable unless they change the isolation rules.
                      Where did you see this? This is not my understanding of how the rules work nor does it make sense. Is this the NBA you are talking about?

Comment

NHL just cancelled a tuneup game as 6 players tested positive.
                        My understanding for the NBA is they are going to treat a positive case like an injury. If a player tests positive, but no one else does, that player will sit out and the games will continue. Of course if the positive cases reach a point where not enough players can play, then it becomes an issue, but they'll cross that bridge if they get to it.

As of right now, there are players on teams that have tested positive, but I believe none of them are in the bubble, so it isn't an issue yet.
                        Last edited by A.I; Wed Jul 8, 2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• So they're going to treat the league differently than Joe Public where if I'm tested positive, anyone I have been in contact with should self isolate for 14 days or do I misunderstand? That's the way the NBA did it when the first players tested positive too

Comment

So they're going to treat the league differently than Joe Public where if I'm tested positive, anyone I have been in contact with should self isolate for 14 days or do I misunderstand? That's the way the NBA did it when the first players tested positive too
                            The difference is the NBA is testing all of the other players daily so should minimize asymtomatic spread.

Comment

• Ahhhh I love this team

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Ahhhh I love this team

Lots of Serge, Norm, Boucher and Davis on this one, all of therm were having a great season

Comment

Working...
                                X