No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so whats plan B now? Trade pat Mccaw, powell and stan johnston for Oladipo? Enter the Harden sweepstakes?

Comment

• Do we give up the cap-space ghost and extend OG?

Or do we keep the .... OLADIPO 2021/2022 DREAM ALIVE... (buh)

Comment

• Oladipo is the most overrated player in the NBA. I'd rather extend McCaw to a 10 year contract extension than sign Oladipo to a ridiculous amount of money.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Damn that hurts. Really felt we had a good chance there and Masai knew something the rest of us didn't.

At least Lowry can be a Raptor lifer now.

Comment

• Would be pretty interesting to be a fly on the wall in the Raptors war-room right now.

(... if I could pry myself away from the top of Mike Pence’s head.)

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Do we give up the cap-space ghost and extend OG?

Or do we keep the .... OLADIPO 2021/2022 DREAM ALIVE... (buh)
              I would say you keep the cap space. You never know what disgruntled star will emerge or what team that falls short might look to make big changes, so flexibility in the form of space to absorb money can't hurt.. If nothing big emerges you can go from there.

Comment

• Too bad. Would have liked to see him on the Raptors. I thought we'd have a good shot in free agency if he didn't sign an extension. It is what it is. On the bright side, having Giannis go into free agency and sign elsewhere after all of the hope and suspense would have been much worse.

Comment

• damn dream is dead
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• but at least we can stop saying Siakam is paid like superstar. Whew that Giannis's contract

Comment

• The deal, which will feature a starting salary worth 35% of the salary cap, projects to be worth $228.2MM over five years, which would make it the largest contract in NBA history, Charania notes. The exact value will depend on how much the salary cap increases for the 2021/22 season — the $228.2MM projection is based on a presumed 3% cap increase.

In that scenario, Antetokounmpo would make $39,344,970 in year one, with annual 8% raises resulting in a fifth-year salary of $51,935,362 in 2025/26. That final year will be a player option, agent Alex Saratsis tells ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski (Twitter link).
                      oof

Comment

• Does Giannis signing the extension with Milwaukee mean Lowry is more likely to be traded now?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Does Giannis signing the extension with Milwaukee mean Lowry is more likely to be traded now?
                          Probably not. Unless Lowry asks

Comment

• Well that's crap news. What happens now?

Seems we're going to be a middling team for a bit. At least we can trust the front office to not shackle themselves with bad contracts and keep things flexible if there's a chance for something better.
                            OG is our king

Comment

• Oh well time to kick Buck ass

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Does Giannis signing the extension with Milwaukee mean Lowry is more likely to be traded now?
                                I think it depends a bit on where the Raps sit at the trade deadline. He could be leaving as a FA anyways if we're middling.

Comment

Working...
                                X