Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Russ will have a number of teams after him if Houston obliges his trade request.
    Wow..Russ wants out. Maybe it is Harden if both Paul and Westbrook ask to leave.
    But...
    Russell has 3 years left at 41M$ AAV....and in real money it’s about 132M$...

Who are you thinking bites on taking on that deal?

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Nov 11, 2020, 11:05 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      Lol russ agent should have told him someone has to actually want you if your going to demand a trade
      THIS IS too true

BUT

WE CAN TAKE HIM

PAIR HIM W, GUESS WHO?

#KAWHI2021
      #AD2020
      #TT2020
      #GIANNIS2021
      #KAWHI2021

#SUPERTEAM
      #KAWHI2021

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

THIS IS too true

BUT

WE CAN TAKE HIM

PAIR HIM W, GUESS WHO?

#KAWHI2021
        #AD2020
        #TT2020
        #GIANNIS2021
        #KAWHI2021

#SUPERTEAM
        #KAWHI2021
        We have room for absolutely none of those if we have Russ.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

DanH wrote: View Post

hm. hm. hm. Okay but say like. W paycuts?? And say like ok. Giannis gets the max. We trade KLOE for Russ :'( And then.

TT signs for the vet minimum.

Kawhi signs for like 5 million/yr, AD 10 million/year and we trade powell + FVV to make room.

What now??

#KAWHI2021
          Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Thu Nov 12, 2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Wow..Russ wants out. Maybe it is Harden if both Paul and Westbrook ask to leave.
            But...

I'd be looking for teams maybe stuck in a rut and/or without a clear path ahead. Problem is that Houston needs to get something back to try and help Harden - they can't just dump a salary - but I don't see a lot of contending teams or near-contending teams wanting to complicate dealing with their own stars by adding Westbrook.

The Pistons seem like an obvious choice out East and they could send back Griffin. Orlando? Indy? Knicks? Sacramento?

Something will get done but it's hard to see it helping either team much in the end.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

But...

First team that came to mind were the Knicks. Maybe Washington has an interest in swapping bad contracts. There are a lot of teams that just want to be relevant because they've sucked for so long. Charlotte, Chicago can all hand over the reigns to Russ on the offense which is apparently what he is asking for.

Comment

• Cleveland is another option.. swap Love and somebody for Russ for example.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

First team that came to mind were the Knicks. Maybe Washington has an interest in swapping bad contracts. There are a lot of teams that just want to be relevant because they've sucked for so long. Charlotte, Chicago can all hand over the reigns to Russ on the offense which is apparently what he is asking for.
                  Never thought of that... the my bad contract for yours. Straight up. Russ for Wall. If I'm Washington I say yes.
                  Wall will carry a pantload more money than Russ will over time and The Whiz know they aren't going to win with Wall as the guy.
                  But again... there is no fit in Houston from where I see it.... Both of Harden and Wall will need the ball to the point that it makes the other guy redundant.

- TGO

Comment

• Shams is saying the Hornets are interested in acquiring Russ. Looks like a lot of teams are at least trying in the NBA. Tanking seems like an afterthought. Good to see.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Cleveland is another option.. swap Love and somebody for Russ for example.
                      What kind of a twist of fate would that be to see the smooth urban hipster Russell Westbrook land in the cultural mecca of Cleveland and to wind up playing Small Ball North as Cleveland already has Sexton and Garland and perhaps a shot at one of Ball or Edwards in this years draft.
                      4 shooters out and a vaccum cleaner on the offensive glass with Thompson. Who knows .. it could work. Cleveland can get what ever picks Houston can find and move Love to Houston where they have to find players for a new system.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Report of Lakers being interested in trading for DeRozan? That would be wild
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Serge seems to be getting a lot of love. So far I heard the Lakers and Rockets have interest. And that KD is trying to recruit him. Wonder if we could pull off a S&T. As those markets can really only afford the tax payer mid level I believe.

Comment

• Tampa Bay Raptors?

Talk about re-inforcing the cold weather stereotype. That said, it would be a nice treat for the players and coaching staff, if they have to be away from home for so long.

#WeTheSouthEast

Last edited by golden; Thu Nov 12, 2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Serge seems to be getting a lot of love. So far I heard the Lakers and Rockets have interest. And that KD is trying to recruit him. Wonder if we could pull off a S&T. As those markets can really only afford the tax payer mid level I believe.
                              But most of those teams want Serge to take a serious discount... to play with a contender. I mean - what are we? Raps could have easily been in the Finals instead of the Heat and probably the favorite to take out the Lakers.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Tampa Bay Raptors?

Talk about re-inforcing the cold weather stereotype. That said, it would be a nice treat for the players and coaching staff, if they have to be away from home for so long.

#WeTheSouthEast

Yeah.. and no state tax. Could be a way to entice players into signing 1 year deals.

Comment

Working...
                                X