Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

You shouldn't, but there are rules about contracts where players can make significantly more if they qualify for awards, and now those awards are tied into a generic games played limit.
    Not enough guys vying for MVP for instance to make league wide rules around it. THE NBA wants stars to play when healthy, not sitting to save themselves for games that matter more to them and skip game on the road for instance. Embiid makes $50M in salary, $10M+ in endorsements every year and who knows how much in other easily attainable bonus milestones. The league wide individual awards are predominantly for ego, not money.

It's reasonable to make a minimum number of games to qualify for an award and the NBA his arbitrarily put a number on it. They could not have it and just let voters understand that games played is a big factor.....but chose not to. I'm OK with that.

Comment

• Unwritten rule was made official. Some people just not happy with it 65 games
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Thad keeps his career alive. Good situation for him there in Phoenix too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Thad keeps his career alive. Good situation for him there in Phoenix too.
          He was surprisingly not horrible his last run of games with the Raps. But Thadly, he is kind of the symbol of Masai & Bobby clinging to and betting on the FVV/Siakam/OG "championship DNA" core.

Best ever stat cherry pick:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Thad keeps his career alive. Good situation for him there in Phoenix too.
            Work places have exit interviews .. I wonder if the Raptor management can get feed back from players
            like Young in what issues could exist that management should be concerned with .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Work places have exit interviews .. I wonder if the Raptor management can get feed back from players
              like Young in what issues could exist that management should be concerned with .
              Yeah, I'm sure Thad will give his suggestion list to Sally in HR.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, I'm sure Thad will give his suggestion list to Sally in HR.

Well if this season's vibes ends like last years vibes then the common denotator is Barnes ..

Comment

• Precious with 23pts, 14 rebs & 5 ast, in a loss to the Magic last night.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Precious with 23pts, 14 rebs & 5 ast, in a loss to the Magic last night.
                    Thibs, COY.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Precious with 23pts, 14 rebs & 5 ast, in a loss to the Magic last night.
                      The Raptors were once an organization that players who came here gave us more then we thought ( in
                      trade or draft ) or in other words over achieved .. This current Raptor organization seems to have lost
                      that ability .. Precious had to leave this team to achieve a stat line like that .

Comment

The Raptors were once an organization that players who came here gave us more then we thought ( in
                        trade or draft ) or in other words over achieved .. This current Raptor organization seems to have lost
                        that ability .. Precious had to leave this team to achieve a stat line like that .
                        Precious had 27 and 13 last year. And several double double, high teens points performances. This year he was bad here, yes, but it's not like he never had successes like that here. It's part of why it was so frustrating watching him most of the time, because he'd have these stretches but would never build the consistency.

Lately the Knicks have been playing him 40 minutes a night. So the opportunity for those outlier good games are way higher. Early on in that run he was barely involved, and they won a bunch of games, but since his usage and scoring started ramping up they've been losing both his minutes and the games pretty consistently.

I mean, good for him that he's posting nice statlines. I do not in the least miss watching him here or wish he was replicating that here.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Precious had 27 and 13 last year. And several double double, high teens points performances. This year he was bad here, yes, but it's not like he never had successes like that here. It's part of why it was so frustrating watching him most of the time, because he'd have these stretches but would never build the consistency.

Lately the Knicks have been playing him 40 minutes a night. So the opportunity for those outlier good games are way higher. Early on in that run he was barely involved, and they won a bunch of games, but since his usage and scoring started ramping up they've been losing both his minutes and the games pretty consistently.

I mean, good for him that he's posting nice statlines. I do not in the least miss watching him here or wish he was replicating that here.
                          Thanks for saying this, was about to myself, people have REALLY short memories apparently.

Would also like to note Precious is only playing so much and so involved because Randle is out. When Randle gets back Precious will move back to his normal bench role. Off the bench his numbers were pretty damn similar to what they were on the Raptors this season.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Thanks for saying this, was about to myself, people have REALLY short memories apparently.

Would also like to note Precious is only playing so much and so involved because Randle is out. When Randle gets back Precious will move back to his normal bench role. Off the bench his numbers were pretty damn similar to what they were on the Raptors this season.
                            He is getting those numbers under a stretch that the Knicks are 1-5 ..

Comment

• Nick Nurse's record will be 4-10 without having his all star center man ... I am a big Nurse fan but I was
                              expecting more from a Nick coached team even without having his best player .. Remember when Quin Snyder
                              was supposed to be this coaching phenom but his Hawks team is 7 games below 500 .. The only coach that
                              keeps producing no matter his roster is the Heat's coach ...

Comment

Nick Nurse's record will be 4-10 without having his all star center man ... I am a big Nurse fan but I was
                                expecting more from a Nick coached team even without having his best player .. Remember when Quin Snyder
                                was supposed to be this coaching phenom but his Hawks team is 7 games below 500 .. The only coach that
                                keeps producing no matter his roster is the Heat's coach ...
                                76ers is a bad roster without Embiid. This isn't surprising in the least. They've got Maxey and then what?

Comment

Working...
                                X