Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How about DeMar to the Pistons? Could make sense for both teams.

    DeMar for Drummond straight up works. Salary and contract length match. Spurs would reduce the LMA/DD offensive duplication. Detroit would...have a lot of perimeter players.

    Or something like DeMar for Reggie Jackson & Langston Galloway would work. Jackson/Galloway are both final year guys, would get SAS into a bit of roster flexibility sooner. Detroit could throw in a Thon Maker or Christian Wood if SAS wanted a big.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post
      Rumours of a DeRozan trade are heating up. How about this one? lol.
      Flagged.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • S.R. wrote: View Post
        How about DeMar to the Pistons? Could make sense for both teams.

        DeMar for Drummond straight up works. Salary and contract length match. Spurs would reduce the LMA/DD offensive duplication. Detroit would...have a lot of perimeter players.

        Or something like DeMar for Reggie Jackson & Langston Galloway would work. Jackson/Galloway are both final year guys, would get SAS into a bit of roster flexibility sooner. Detroit could throw in a Thon Maker or Christian Wood if SAS wanted a big.
        The latter one makes sense for Detroit. Pistons ownership clearly wants to try and win and they are going nowhere right now. Griffin/DeRozan/Drummond likely gets them into the playoffs. Spurs obviously aren't bringing him back and they could probably get a pick out of it....

        Comment


        • I feel like demar is going to get dumped for even less. As much as it killed him getting traded from the team he wanted to spend his whole career with at least he could tell himself. Man i got traded for a top 3 player in the league. I don't think he is going to like the return this time.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

          Comment


          • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            I feel like demar is going to get dumped for even less. As much as it killed him getting traded from the team he wanted to spend his whole career with at least he could tell himself. Man i got traded for a top 3 player in the league. I don't think he is going to like the return this time.
            And he's almost certainly going to a worse situation organization-wise.

            Comment


            • slaw wrote: View Post

              And he's almost certainly going to a worse situation organization-wise.
              That's when you realize you're just a commodity that happens to make huge coin doing it and loyalty be damned.
              Put your head down, put in your work and count yourself extremely fortunate to getting paid large to put a round ball in a round hoop.

              Comment


              • slaw wrote: View Post

                And he's almost certainly going to a worse situation organization-wise.
                I actually like the Orlando situation best for him out of all the options that have been floated around.
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                Comment


                • golden wrote: View Post
                  Rumours of a DeRozan trade are heating up. How about this one? lol.




                  gross
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • Wish the best for DeMar but yeah he's hurting the Spurs. Saw a tweet showing how when DeMar sits, the Spurs have the best defense in the league, but when he plays its the complete opposite.

                    I still think Detroit is the best option for him. Orlando is a good one too.

                    Would be funny if he does get to either of these teams and we face them in the playoffs. I'm sure Nurse will know what to do.

                    Comment


                    • KeonClark wrote: View Post

                      gross
                      lol. No sense of humor around here. This would be the "everybody gets to go where they want to go" trade:

                      Lowry: Finally gets his wish to play for Popovich
                      DeRozan: "I am Toronto"... needs no explanation
                      Jakob: Yak & Skills... reunited, and it feels so good

                      Comment


                      • planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Wish the best for DeMar but yeah he's hurting the Spurs. Saw a tweet showing how when DeMar sits, the Spurs have the best defense in the league, but when he plays its the complete opposite.

                        I still think Detroit is the best option for him. Orlando is a good one too.

                        Would be funny if he does get to either of these teams and we face them in the playoffs. I'm sure Nurse will know what to do.
                        A lot of Spurs fans are saying Forbes is the problem. DeRozan is putting up career high efficiency numbers (59% TS, 53% FG), I don't think he's the reason for their record.

                        Comment


                        • Scraptor wrote: View Post

                          A lot of Spurs fans are saying Forbes is the problem. DeRozan is putting up career high efficiency numbers (59% TS, 53% FG), I don't think he's the reason for their record.
                          He may not be the problem but Demar wanted an extension early in the year and the spurs never offered it. He has a player option for next year and im not sure the spurs really want him to pick it up. He could opt out and sign elsewhere anyways which he will probably have some decent offers as him Ingram and drummond will be the top free agents this summer. If im the spurs you might as well try to get something back for him if he isnt in your long term plans. And the uncertanity of his future they may be getting back pennys on the dollar or a contract dump for derozan.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                          Comment


                          • Scraptor wrote: View Post

                            A lot of Spurs fans are saying Forbes is the problem. DeRozan is putting up career high efficiency numbers (59% TS, 53% FG), I don't think he's the reason for their record.
                            Unfortunately, he is. DeMar's defense is killing them. Forbes sucks pretty bad too. But DeMar is worse.




                            Comment


                            • golden wrote: View Post

                              Unfortunately, he is. DeMar's defense is killing them. Forbes sucks pretty bad too. But DeMar is worse.



                              I mean that roster is just not going to work, even Pop can't save it.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                              Comment


                              • S.R. wrote: View Post

                                I mean that roster is just not going to work, even Pop can't save it.
                                They would kill it NBA Jam

                                Derozan and Aldridge, the midrange assasins

                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X