No announcement yet.

Everything Raptors 23-24 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Smith's schtick is he's a Day 1 reporter. I haven't looked for one of his articles in years (over a decade probably). But yeah he also loved BC and hated Masai because BC loved chatting with reporters and he had connections so can get his articles up easily and quickly without much effort. Masai ran a tighter ship and so he had to resort to talking about other stuff which likely infuriated him.

Despite covering the team and the league for almost 30 years.. he still doesn't really understand how the cap works. And some of his takes are really out there. He's an old man now yelling at clouds and Scottie is a Gen Z kid who he can't relate with. And works for a dying art. When was the last time anyone bought a newspaper?

He's had a pretty comfy gig IMO, but he's still a day oner.. and having to cover the early Raptor seasons couldn't have been fun or easy. Plus he was someone that was writing about a sport nobody in Canada seemed to care about.. so at least before RR he was my go to guy for Raptor content. So he'll get a bit of love from me because of that. Even if his insights weren't all that enlightening. Yet stupid me at that time didn't know any better.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      And works for a dying art. When was the last time anyone bought a newspaper?
      I pick up the Star or any other paper now and again from leftovers at my grandmothers senior's home. Since Metroland cancelled all the weekly community papers, I need to srounge for fire starter lol

Comment

• Vince says he would go into the HOF as a Raptor (@37:50):

Kind of surprised by that to be honest. Didn't think he gave two shits about Toronto.

Comment

Vince says he would go into the HOF as a Raptor (@37:50):

Kind of surprised by that to be honest. Didn't think he gave two shits about Toronto.
          Maybe when he was younger. Maybe more as he got more mature and realized it's a huge part of his career.

Comment

You're surprised by that? VC is going to the hall of fame because of his career with the Raptors. Nobody remember Orlando Vince or Memphis Vince or Sacramento Vince. He had a good stint in New Jersey but not the same as Toronto.

When people think of Vince Carter, they think Toronto Raptors.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Nice to hear. A bit hollow for me but nice to hear.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

You're surprised by that? VC is going to the hall of fame because of his career with the Raptors. Nobody remember Orlando Vince or Memphis Vince or Sacramento Vince. He had a good stint in New Jersey but not the same as Toronto.

When people think of Vince Carter, they think Toronto Raptors.
                When 80-90s people think Raptors, first thing that comes to mind is Carter and his dunks.
                I became a Raptor fan coz of Vince.

Comment

He’s said he regretted how things ended here and wished he and tmac stayed

Comment

Its more of a lack of maturity at that time. Vince and T-Mac have both said they regret not staying together in Toronto. T-Mac was young and wanted to do his own thing instead of playing in Vince's shadow and that does relate to Vince leaving in the worst way possible because the team wasn't good enough and the front office did nothing to help him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Its more of a lack of maturity at that time. Vince and T-Mac have both said they regret not staying together in Toronto. T-Mac was young and wanted to do his own thing instead of playing in Vince's shadow and that does relate to Vince leaving in the worst way possible because the team wasn't good enough and the front office did nothing to help him.
                      A championship core of: Billups, Carter, T-Mac & Camby was totally possible.

Comment

Why...stop believing the media.
                        Toronto media is trash, they brainwashed ppl believing that it was his fault for leaving the Raptors. It was that ownership, management and especially media who tried and succeeded of getting rid Vince Carter. His one the greatest and should be appreciated.
                        Congrats 2 Vince when he does get inducted into Hall of Fame. I still have your Jersey, black and purple..
                        The best Dunker of All time.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Carton will look good when we run the Box & 1 defensive package.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Carton will look good when we run the Box & 1 defensive package.
                              we run box & 1?
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Who the fook is that guy?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X