Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post

The question in my mind is "How much will he improve over the next two years?" If he improves at half the rate he has over the last 4, he's going to be a handfull for opposing teams to deal with.
    Just can't go a full day without Edey getting brought up.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

The question in my mind is "How much will he improve over the next two years?" If he improves at half the rate he has over the last 4, he's going to be a handfull for opposing teams to deal with.
      He's a 4 year college player. Not a good assumption that there is any growth left. His stats were flat the last 2 seasons except for FT attempts. I watched plenty of Edey to know a ton of those FT attempts are offensive fouls on Edey in the NBA, not the other way around.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He's a 4 year college player. Not a good assumption that there is any growth left. His stats were flat the last 2 seasons except for FT attempts. I watched plenty of Edey to know a ton of those FT attempts are offensive fouls on Edey in the NBA, not the other way around.
        This.
        I am not even factoring in his offense at all.
        But he can also be useless on defense.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Selling hope is the best he can do now.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Selling hope is the best he can do now.
              Yep, what did they expect him to say?

Comment

• Could be an option with the Pacers pick.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ring-nba-draft

Comment

Could be an option with the Pacers pick.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ring-nba-draft
                  His role models are Kyle Kuzma and MPJ.... soft, non-versatile PFs who aren't known for playing defense.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

His role models are Kyle Kuzma and MPJ.... soft, non-versatile PFs who aren't known for playing defense.
                    MP Jr is a good role player/starter on a championship team. Not perfect, but maybe it shows he's already accepting his role and will work perfectionning it.

And I don't think we can count Kuzma out. Once he accepts he's maybe not the all star he was probably hoping to be, he can be a solid piece on contending teams (the Wiggins route, for example).

Comment

That's a quick no.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Adding the context for everyone so you don't need to rely on Goldens hot take.

Smith, 19, played a compact but efficient role for Ignite, mostly being asked to stretch the floor, post-up switches, or finish around the basket as a cutter or roller, similar to what he'll be asked to do early in his career in the NBA. His positional size, scoring instincts, shot-making prowess and youth give him strong appeal for NBA teams.

"Jabari Smith, Kyle Kuzma, Michael Porter Jr; those are the types of players I see myself playing like," Smith said. "Big wings who can space the floor and also play as small-ball 5s."

G League Ignite's Tyler Smith, ranked No. 21 among NBA prospects by ESPN, will enter the 2024 draft, he told ESPN on Wednesday.
                        Smith, a 6-foot-10 forward from Houston, averaged 13.7 points and 5.1 rebounds in 22 minutes per game in the G League this season, shooting 36% on 3-pointers.

Comment

Adding the context for everyone so you don't need to rely on Goldens hot take.

Smith, 19, played a compact but efficient role for Ignite, mostly being asked to stretch the floor, post-up switches, or finish around the basket as a cutter or roller, similar to what he'll be asked to do early in his career in the NBA. His positional size, scoring instincts, shot-making prowess and youth give him strong appeal for NBA teams.

"Jabari Smith, Kyle Kuzma, Michael Porter Jr; those are the types of players I see myself playing like," Smith said. "Big wings who can space the floor and also play as small-ball 5s."

G League Ignite's Tyler Smith, ranked No. 21 among NBA prospects by ESPN, will enter the 2024 draft, he told ESPN on Wednesday.
                          Smith, a 6-foot-10 forward from Houston, averaged 13.7 points and 5.1 rebounds in 22 minutes per game in the G League this season, shooting 36% on 3-pointers.
                          lol. How was that a hot take? The kid is directly quoted saying he wants to play like Kuzma and MPJ. I freely admit to chucking out my share of hot takes, but that wasn’t one.

That said, I do like the idea of adding skilled size at the PF/C position. That’s a clear need. Hopefully Darko can teach him to play defense.

Comment

lol. How was that a hot take? The kid is directly quoted saying he wants to play like Kuzma and MPJ. I freely admit to chucking out my share of hot takes, but that wasn’t one.

That said, I do like the idea of adding skilled size at the PF/C position. That’s a clear need. Hopefully Darko can teach him to play defense.
                            My take, and this is where most comparisons come from, was that he was talking offensively. Porter is listed as 6'10", Parker 6'11', and Kuzma 6'8'. He chose tall forwards who can play the 3 or 4, shoot 3s and are somewhat offesnively versatile. Name anpother 6'10-6'11 player that he compares to? He's not a stretch 5, he's not ball dominant, he's similar to those 3 guys. How would that be a bad player to get at 16 or 17 in the draft?
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I'm not a huge fan of Smith either as he's not known to be a good defender. A stretch big is nice, but you see it with Kelly when he's out there that the defense takes a step back. Our bigs have to be able to provide some toughness on that end. He has decent size, but for whatever reason he just doesn't want to throw his weight around in the paint.

Comment

Hot take for several reasons.

You conveniently left out the first player he mentioned in Jabari Smith Jr. which you definitely did on purpose and not as an oversight.

He never called them role models yet that's the term you used. He said "players I see myself playing like" followed by describing how they all play on offense. Nothing to do with their defense or toughness.

So hot take because you edited the shit out of his direct quote to make it sound as bad as possible and not reflect what he was saying at all.

If a kid in the draft said he wants to play like Embiid, a big who rebounds a lot and has range beyond 3pt line would you say "ha, that kid wants to be a flopping cry baby"?

Comment

Working...
                                X