X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    More from ESPN:

Zach Edey, C, Purdue:
    Edey, ranked No. 14 in our Top 100, measured exceptionally well as expected -- 7-foot-5 in shoes, with a near 7-foot-11 wingspan, 299 pounds and a 9-foot-7.5 standing reach -- unprecedented figures that we learned at last year's NBA draft combine before Edey withdrew from the draft. But he also tested better than last year, shaving off time from last year's pro lane agility drill, and measuring a solid vertical leap and three-quarter court sprint time, showing the significant improvement he has made with his conditioning and mobility since electing to return to Purdue for his senior season.

He also put on a pretty impressive showing in shooting drills, hitting 3s off movement, spotting up and pulling up off the dribble, showing some real potential in that area as he has long insisted he possesses. Edey has quite a few fans around the NBA at this point, and there are plenty of executives who say they have him ranked as a lottery pick, or even as a top-10 prospect because of how well he rates in their analytics models. -- Givony

What he was isn't what he is.
    Here is video of Jak nailing pull up jumpers and 3s in his pre draft workout.

https://youtu.be/piUXm_wy7ek?si=t_BobAOKSEmLQeeA

Please do not put any stock in footage of guys making shots in workouts.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Our 3&D big wing?

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfee...ats-basketball
      That's a terrible photo of Johnson. He looks out of shape there.

Comment

• I think there will be some interesting trades during the draft this year. Hopefully Bruce Brown gets us something nice.

I could see any one of these teams giving up their pick for him:

Memphis (#9)
        Chicago (#11)
        OKC (#12)
        Sacramento (#13)
        Philly (#16)
        Cleveland (#20)
        Milwaukee (#23)
        NY (#24 or #24)

We could package #19 as well and move up too with it. Maybe Houston would give up #3 for Brown and #19 for instance.

I hope we work the phones hard and make a deal. Would suck leaving the draft with the same 2 picks, and nothing for Brown's contract.

Comment

• We talk about trading up or trading for another 1st EVERY year. It never happens.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            We talk about trading up or trading for another 1st EVERY year. It never happens.
            One of Masai's best trades happened at the draft. He traded Vasquez for a 2017 first (OG) and a 2015 second (Norm).

I'm hoping for some more of that magic.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              We talk about trading up or trading for another 1st EVERY year. It never happens.
              We never had a dog on the trade block before.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We never had a dog on the trade block before.
                We can trade up to draft…. Edey! And make sure you post your reaction video.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I think there will be some interesting trades during the draft this year. Hopefully Bruce Brown gets us something nice.

I could see any one of these teams giving up their pick for him:

Memphis (#9)
                  Chicago (#11)
                  OKC (#12)
                  Sacramento (#13)
                  Philly (#16)
                  Cleveland (#20)
                  Milwaukee (#23)
                  NY (#24 or #24)

We could package #19 as well and move up too with it. Maybe Houston would give up #3 for Brown and #19 for instance.

I hope we work the phones hard and make a deal. Would suck leaving the draft with the same 2 picks, and nothing for Brown's contract.
                  What impressed you most about Bruce Brown this year?

Me neither.

The Bruce Brown love is a media driven narrative. I hope I'm wrong on this, but.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

We can trade up to draft…. Edey! And make sure you post your reaction video.
                    I hear he's a dog. Future face of the NBA.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

What impressed you most about Bruce Brown this year?

Me neither.

The Bruce Brown love is a media driven narrative. I hope I'm wrong on this, but.
                      They say that when you win a championship, your reputation gets over-inflated and cemented forever.

Comment

They say that when you win a championship, your reputation gets over-inflated and cemented forever.
                        Except for our guys .. never happened to our guys. Or I guess maybe Danny? Lol

Comment

• Bronny with 31st.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Bronny with 31st.
                            Mini-Suggs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Bronny with 31st.
                              While a couple highlights are nice to see, when listening to the talking heads in attendance, it was clear that he's not ready to play minutes n teh NBA currently. They said he would be a guy suited for the G-League and would take time to develop.

Some other guards that may be available at 31 that could get some run with the big club are Tyler Kolek, Trey Alexander, and KJ Simpson. These guys are more ready right now than Bronny. Who will turn out to be the best pro out of them all is anyones guess. I just don't feel we are in position to take on a developmental player who's ceiling is deep bench depth.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Our 3&D big wing?

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfee...ats-basketball
                                I'd be OK with this guy at 31. I remember watching an Arizona game this past season and was impressed with his motor and energy. HIs a 5th year senior who showed some nice growth to his game going from SDSU to Arizona. He's could turn into a solid bench piece.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X