Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    If we end up keeping our FRP, these two at the top of my wish list right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEqD508wyk
    Raw Walmart Pascal and raw Walmart OG

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      I like it. Means that the actual draft will end quicker
      1st round will take same amount of time. 2nd round will be longer now they get more time between picks.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

1st round will take same amount of time. 2nd round will be longer now they get more time between picks.
        yeah don't have to watch 2nd round at all now.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

You... never did?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I mean you didn't before either, just turn off the broadcast after the 1st round is done.

Comment

• Just to clarify, teams can make trades during the two days of the draft can't they?

Comment

• Holy fuck lighten up
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Just to clarify, teams can make trades during the two days of the draft can't they?
                  Yep. Trades are locked from a couple days before the draft until the clock starts on pick 1. And no pick in the draft can be traded before it is made (officially, happens unofficially all the time with teams picking for each other).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd probably be more inclined to tune into the second round on a second day, especially this year with the Piston pick. Plus it celebrates the prospects of the 2nd round that much more than as the afterthought to the first round. Plus allows for a wave of content and analysis between the two days. Especially with the g-league taking on more importance, the 2nd round should probably receive more interest than it has historically.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yep. Trades are locked from a couple days before the draft until the clock starts on pick 1. And no pick in the draft can be traded before it is made (officially, happens unofficially all the time with teams picking for each other).
                      So if Jak or Dennis or Brown aren't traded by the deadline then we may possibly see them traded over the two days of the draft as well then.

Comment

So if Jak or Dennis or Brown aren't traded by the deadline then we may possibly see them traded over the two days of the draft as well then.
                        In Brown's case we have to opt into his next year deal if we plan to trade him at the draft. If we trade him at the deadline, the team that gets him can opt out of his deal for next year.. so can get a bit more flexibility, if they only want him for one playoff run.

I think Brown gets dealt at the deadline.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

In Brown's case we have to opt into his next year deal if we plan to trade him at the draft. If we trade him at the deadline, the team that gets him can opt out of his deal for next year.. so can get a bit more flexibility, if they only want him for one playoff run.

I think Brown gets dealt at the deadline.
                          Sure, I was just using the Raps players as an example, but it just means that these kinds of trades can take place over a much longer period with the draft being split into two days. Lots of time for GM's to discuss all these scenarios and go back and forth nickel and diming each other for the best deals. Maybe reason enough for fans to stay tuned into NBA news and the 2nd day of the draft for those that don't currently don't see value in it?

Comment

Sure, I was just using the Raps players as an example, but it just means that these kinds of trades can take place over a much longer period with the draft being split into two days. Lots of time for GM's to discuss all these scenarios and go back and forth nickel and diming each other for the best deals. Maybe reason enough for fans to stay tuned into NBA news and the 2nd day of the draft for those that don't currently don't see value in it?
                            For NBA nerds the two days might be better. I personally am fine with it. It gives GM's and owners one extra day to negotiate while everyone else is basically in the same room (ie, available). Makes it easier for trades to happen.

NFL has like 3 days of draft. NHL has a few days too. So NBA going into a second day isn't really that big a deal.

Comment

For NBA nerds the two days might be better. I personally am fine with it. It gives GM's and owners one extra day to negotiate while everyone else is basically in the same room (ie, available). Makes it easier for trades to happen.

NFL has like 3 days of draft. NHL has a few days too. So NBA going into a second day isn't really that big a deal.
                              MLB winter meetings are like 4-5 days. Yeah, I think it will encourage more wheeling & dealing, which is great for a rebuilding team with flexibility, like the Raps.

Comment

More time at the steak houses and bars for GM's in beautiful Brooklyn

Comment

Working...
                                X