Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I like Terrence Shannon Jr. and Tristan Da Silva if they are available where the raps are picking. Both are seniors so a good chance they will drop.
    Shannon Jr is not going to be a Raptor. He's up for rape charges.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Shannon Jr is not going to be a Raptor. He's up for rape charges.
      Well that's disappointing. Didn't realize he had something like that going on.

Talent wise he plays with a fair be of force which is something Massai has talked about before as something Raps look for in players.

Comment

Well that's disappointing. Didn't realize he had something like that going on.

Talent wise he plays with a fair be of force which is something Massai has talked about before as something Raps look for in players.
        His trial began yesterday I believe. He pleads innocence. His college actually suspended him and he sued his college and won, and allowed to finish the year. But lots of controversy here.

I don't think the Raps touch him.

But if none of this ever happened he likely would have been a lottery pick.

Comment

• I don't get why nobody here talks about Tyler Kolek

Comment

I like Terrence Shannon Jr. and Tristan Da Silva if they are available where the raps are picking. Both are seniors so a good chance they will drop.
            Shannon has a court case on pending a pending SA case.

Comment

• Shannon's court case is in the jury selection phase. The defence isn't denying it happened, but claim it was a different man who assaulted her.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...evidence-trial
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                I don't get why nobody here talks about Tyler Kolek
                I think he's generally thought of as a low ceiling pick. Like TJ McConnell and Patty Mills are solid players that can help a team but nobody is going to get excited about drafting that type of player. It doesn't mean Kolek wouldn't me a good addition (especially where Raps are drafting in the second round), but fans are hoping for someone with a higher ceiling.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

His trial began yesterday I believe. He pleads innocence. His college actually suspended him and he sued his college and won, and allowed to finish the year. But lots of controversy here.

I don't think the Raps touch him.

But if none of this ever happened he likely would have been a lottery pick.
                  Unless there are other incidents and such I'm not sure why there'd be controversy if he was found not guilty, in particular if the defense's theory that it's a case of mistaken identity with another viable suspect. If the Raps think he's the right guy I don't believe they'd hesitate to take him.

Don't think it should be normalized that wrongly accused individuals should become untouchable because it might be controversial in the eyes of the ignorant.

And the last part is entirely correct. Hell, Charlotte drafted a guy just last year who helped commit a murder and it's like none of it ever happened.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Unless there are other incidents and such I'm not sure why there'd be controversy if he was found not guilty, in particular if the defense's theory that it's a case of mistaken identity with another viable suspect. If the Raps think he's the right guy I don't believe they'd hesitate to take him.

Don't think it should be normalized that wrongly accused individuals should become untouchable because it might be controversial in the eyes of the ignorant.

And the last part is entirely correct. Hell, Charlotte drafted a guy just last year who helped commit a murder and it's like none of it ever happened.
                    Didn't know about his defense's theory. If he is deemed innocent then yeah no brainer decision to take him. Problem is we may not get that until after the draft. So you could be taking a chance and look bad if you end up taking a criminal.

Comment

This feels like the type of draft, if any, that the Raps would try and move up to grab somebody. It might be the best opportunity to buy low of any draft and Raps are always looking to buy low.
                      Bruce Brown plus 19 to move up has several potential suitors.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Is that what I said? Doesn't sound at all like what I said. But .. k?

Yao Ming is in the HOF for his efforts as an "Ambassador to Basketball". Not because of his play.

And to Primer saying Yao had "range out to 3" - he's got the same range that Edey has displayed.
                        Yao took 10 3 pointers in his career, total. And of his 6400 career FGs, like 6000 were within 12 feet tops, so I'm not sure what you are "remembering" about Yao, but he wasn't stretching the defense by any means.
                        My man, I said out to the 3 point, not beyond it. There is a whole lotta feet to shoot from between the basket and the 3 point line. The mid range, which is exactly what I said.

Yao took over 30% of his shots beyond 10 feet from the basket. Not a few or a couple, it was a huge part of his game and what made him special.

Edey is gonna take 99% of his shots within 3 feet, maybe 4 feet on the hook shot.
                        Last edited by Primer; Tue Jun 11, 2024, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Bruce Brown plus 19 to move up has several potential suitors.
                          I made a whole post about that a couple days ago, but it doesn't seem like people around here think it's really possible!

Comment

• i was looking at kel’el ware body today pause his shoulders looks like in time he can build alot of muscle. indiana basketball players tend to have very high bbiq. i been there they live and breathe basketball

Comment

• edey vs ware this is how i scout. you have to watch them play against legit competition. things to watch for how does edey handle athleticism and how does ware handle power.

and for the record i am drafting both of them edey i believe twin towers can still work

and for anyone asking you draft ware first at 19

fyi mike woodson is the coach for indiana
                              Last edited by grindhouse; Tue Jun 11, 2024, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Raptors want someone in the lottery. Possibly that Salaun kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X