Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Who says Masai is the highest paid?
    Will have to dig up the source, but I believe it was something like: Riley ($11M), RC Buford ($9M), Myers ($8M) as the top 3... before Masai got his $15M new deal.. which would make him #1.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

With the Indy pick dropping to 19, if we lose our FRP after the season we just had, it would be a real kick in the nuts.

I was saying before the season kicked off that I can't remember a season I looked forward to less than the one that just passed and unfortunately it was as disappointing as expected. If we lose our FRP it might be a repeat. I'd have a bit of hope that losing the FRP would put more pressure on management to make some off season magic happen, but not obviously no guarantees there. They've gotta sell us some hope right?
      No way man. I'm already way more hyped for next season than I was for this season because we finally picked a direction, made major trades and started building around Scottie. The team and our future look WAY different than it did going into this season with Pascal, OG, and Dennis. Pick or no pick next season is going to be way more fun than this season was. We actually looked pretty good the brief period after all the trades while Scottie and Jak were still healthy, that's something to be excited about.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

No way man. I'm already way more hyped for next season than I was for this season because we finally picked a direction, made major trades and started building around Scottie. The team and our future look WAY different than it did going into this season with Pascal, OG, and Dennis. Pick or no pick next season is going to be way more fun than this season was. We actually looked pretty good the brief period after all the trades while Scottie and Jak were still healthy, that's something to be excited about.
        Yeah, I have to agree that picking a direction and having a young squad at least gives some hope. It was just such a crappy season and all the tanking (some intentional, some not) and to not come out of it with a high pick just really sucks. The draft has been kinder to the Raps than free agency so was putting a lot of hope into that basket.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Will have to dig up the source, but I believe it was something like: Riley ($11M), RC Buford ($9M), Myers ($8M) as the top 3... before Masai got his $15M new deal.. which would make him #1.
          I can't find anything that says that $15 million is US dollars. Players get paid US dollars. But do MLSE employees?
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

I can't find anything that says that $15 million is US dollars. Players get paid US dollars. But do MLSE employees?
            If you Google Masai Ujiri salary you will find a ton of sources saying $15M per year. Nothing is ever reported in Canadian dollars and if it was it would be explicitly called out as such.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If you Google Masai Ujiri salary you will find a ton of sources saying $15M per year. Nothing is ever reported in Canadian dollars and if it was it would be explicitly called out as such.
              Yeah, highly unlikely he'd want to get paid in Canadian (Tire) money. Regardless, Masai is getting paid top dollar. Start performing like a top exec and build us a top team.

Comment

• We can't really sign top free agents, so if Raptors become contender it'll be through trades and draft. So I'm sorry but he needs to hit on those two things. And it reminds me of conversation I had here about rebuilding before. "Masai can build with late first round picks there's no need to tank (look at Pascal and OG)" but when they weren't hitting it became "well it's late first round picks what do you want"
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  We can't really sign top free agents, so if Raptors become contender it'll be through trades and draft. So I'm sorry but he needs to hit on those two things. And it reminds me of conversation I had here about rebuilding before. "Masai can build with late first round picks there's no need to tank (look at Pascal and OG)" but when they weren't hitting it became "well it's late first round picks what do you want"
                  I'd add we need to hit on the mid to low tier free agents as well. If you're paying someone $5M per year for 2 years like McDaniels he needs to not suck ass.

Whatever MLE we use this offseason needs to bring back a good player, you can't swing and a miss on those contracts.

We may not ever be a high end free agent destination but there are a lot of good players making MLE money or less and we could be signing those guys despite being in Toronto.

I look at Dennis as a good MLE signing, whereas Otto was a very bad MLE signing.

Comment

• Just did 5 simulations, got the 1st pick once, the 2nd pick once, 3rd pick twice and 6th once. Am I gonna ruin our luck for the real lottery?

Comment

We can't really sign top free agents, so if Raptors become contender it'll be through trades and draft. So I'm sorry but he needs to hit on those two things. And it reminds me of conversation I had here about rebuilding before. "Masai can build with late first round picks there's no need to tank (look at Pascal and OG)" but when they weren't hitting it became "well it's late first round picks what do you want"
                      Masai should stop dreaming of bringing a top FA.
                      The Giannis experiment proved that it will not work.
                      Kawhi was a very lucky one off that will never be replicated in his lifetime.
                      The only option is to build thru the draft ala Milwaukee and Denver, and what SA is doing now.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Masai should stop dreaming of bringing a top FA.
                        The Giannis experiment proved that it will not work.
                        Kawhi was a very lucky one off that will never be replicated in his lifetime.
                        The only option is to build thru the draft ala Milwaukee and Denver, and what SA is doing now.
                        Why do you say that? All-Star/Superstar trades happen every year now.

Or even trades like Hali for Domas. Or even getting guys like RJ and IQ through trade. They are a huge huge part of our future if you ask me.

Even Denver, who have largely been built through the draft, wouldn't be who they are without a few key trades.

And that all being said, I mean, Detroit been trying to build through the draft. Charlotte too. How's that working out?

Comment

Even trades are a little tricky for the Raps because those top tier guys have a say where they get traded to or not traded to. Kawhi trade was unique because Toronto was probably the only team willing to take a chance and he wanted out of San Antonio. Gotta find those young players that have yet to breakout and can't get mins on other teams.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Even trades are a little tricky for the Raps because those top tier guys have a say where they get traded to or not traded to. Kawhi trade was unique because Toronto was probably the only team willing to take a chance and he wanted out of San Antonio. Gotta find those young players that have yet to breakout and can't get mins on other teams.
                            yeah Top player trades are new free agency tour
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Why do you say that? All-Star/Superstar trades happen every year now.

Or even trades like Hali for Domas. Or even getting guys like RJ and IQ through trade. They are a huge huge part of our future if you ask me.

Even Denver, who have largely been built through the draft, wouldn't be who they are without a few key trades.

And that all being said, I mean, Detroit been trying to build through the draft. Charlotte too. How's that working out?
                              I said top free agents to the Raptors.
                              Those in the elite category.
                              And because it's not working in Charlotte and Detroit does mean it is the bad strategy.
                              Last edited by Kagemusha; Wed May 1, 2024, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I said top free agents to the Raptors.
                                Those in the elite category.
                                And because it's not working in Charlotte and Detroit does mean it is the bad strategy.
                                No, you said "Kawhi was a very lucky one off that will never be replicated in his lifetime."

That was specifically what I was asking about.

And I never it was a bad strategy, I'm just saying that you can't ever ONLY build through the draft. Great teams are built using all tools available to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X