Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I know Peltons projections were discussed earlier, but here's Sheppard's.

Although Sheppard's 52% 3-point shooting (on a robust sample of 144 attempts) is regressed down to a projected 39% as an NBA rookie, that's still the best projection for any player since Doug McDermott -- who had multiple years of college data -- in 2014. Sheppard's projected 2.5 steals per 100 plays, second among players in this year's top 100, is almost as impressive as his shooting. Thanks largely to those key skills, Sheppard has the best stats-only projection in this year's draft.
    dont forget flynn had high steal numbers as well it doesnt translate most times

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      whats the comp for reed i am getting calderon vibes?
      I'm getting FVV vibes
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

dont forget flynn had high steal numbers as well it doesnt translate most times
        Flynn had 54 in 38 games. Nothing special. Curry had 86 in 34 games that season.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Steals is a not bad indicator. Not calling it best though

Steal Rates In College Just Might Be The Best Indicator Of NBA Success | by Aidan Berg | UNPLUGG'D MAG | Medium
          Last edited by MixxAOR; Fri May 3, 2024, 01:38 PM.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Found this interesting

"My best guess is that a strong steal rate reflects an inherent understanding of the game and a strong basketball IQ. Players who lack the measurables to be lockdown defenders at the NBA level can rack up steals in the college game because they see the court well and can anticipate better than others."

Comment

Found this interesting

"My best guess is that a strong steal rate reflects an inherent understanding of the game and a strong basketball IQ. Players who lack the measurables to be lockdown defenders at the NBA level can rack up steals in the college game because they see the court well and can anticipate better than others."
              Yeah it's what i initially missed on Scottie.

Dean goes into more

How good is Scottie Barnes? | Dean On Draft
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• i havent seen anyone mention bobi klintman or maybe i missed it

Comment

i havent seen anyone mention bobi klintman or maybe i missed it
                  He’s projected as a later 1st round pick. Once he comes over from playing in the Australian league and does some workouts we'll know a little more of where he may fit draft wise.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• If we stay in the top 6 and use the pick.... Any input on the SG from Tennesse Knecht ? He can play. He put up close to 40 against a good college team in Purdue. Have not gone to far back in the thread to see if this has been kicked around....
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      If we stay in the top 6 and use the pick.... Any input on the SG from Tennesse Knecht ? He can play. He put up close to 40 against a good college team in Purdue. Have not gone to far back in the thread to see if this has been kicked around....
                      Looks like his shot shouldn't have any problem translating to the NBA. I don't know think he'll be able to get his own shot at that level and might be reliant on others which makes him comparable to someone like Bogdan Bogdanovic. Good player, but maybe with a top 6 pick you want a chance at someone with a chance at being an all star. He isn't a bad defender and has size and puts in effort, so like Gradey how he does on that end will probably determine if he can stay on the floor. For me he's in the 10-15 range of the lottery.

Comment

• Draft lottery is this Sunday. Big day for Raps fans.

Comment

• From Hoopshype:

HoopsHype also spoke with several NBA executives and scouts for their insight on the prospects for the fourth edition of the aggregate mock draft. The consensus from a majority of NBA talent evaluators is this draft class isn’t as top heavy with franchise-altering talent, but is deep with several potential sleepers to be selected.

“When you look at this draft, you have to drag down a lot of these players and think of them as 20-30 types of picks,” an NBA executive told HoopsHype. “The lottery guys in a normal draft would be 10-30. There are no real top-end lottery guys. If you’re thinking of getting a franchise-altering guy, I’d temper that and try to get a good role player. If you’re drafting at the top of the draft, you should try and get some value for that pick on the trade market.”

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2024-agg...ce=parsely-api

Lottery guys being 10-30 in a normal draft year sounds more than a bit hyperbolic. But it would make losing out on the top 6 and giving the pick to the Spurs a lot less painful if true.

Comment

From Hoopshype:

HoopsHype also spoke with several NBA executives and scouts for their insight on the prospects for the fourth edition of the aggregate mock draft. The consensus from a majority of NBA talent evaluators is this draft class isn’t as top heavy with franchise-altering talent, but is deep with several potential sleepers to be selected.

“When you look at this draft, you have to drag down a lot of these players and think of them as 20-30 types of picks,” an NBA executive told HoopsHype. “The lottery guys in a normal draft would be 10-30. There are no real top-end lottery guys. If you’re thinking of getting a franchise-altering guy, I’d temper that and try to get a good role player. If you’re drafting at the top of the draft, you should try and get some value for that pick on the trade market.”

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2024-agg...ce=parsely-api

Lottery guys being 10-30 in a normal draft year sounds more than a bit hyperbolic. But it would make losing out on the top 6 and giving the pick to the Spurs a lot less painful if true.
                            It also makes me feel like if we keep the pick we should try our hardest to trade it and only use it if we can't find value for it.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It also makes me feel like if we keep the pick we should try our hardest to trade it and only use it if we can't find value for it.
                              i think this will be a good draft not in order
                              sarr
                              dalton
                              cody
                              matas
                              edey
                              klintman
                              reed
                              hollard

a few more names i cant think of off the top. but the potential is there.

the way i look at this draft is who is the guy that has the skill set that one fits with scottie and two skills are hard to find.

dalton, cody edey for me maybe i can see the fit
                              dalton i really think he will be a elite scorer. and i see a bit of killer in him.

cody i think can develop into a unstoppable force

edey late makes too much sense

i can kinda pass on sarr because klintman will be there late.

also who is worth trading for? maybe bam if miami breaks there team.

i will give a pass this year i havent had time to dive deep as I normally would. so the first post in this thread was dalton so thats who i am going with

Comment

• This Sunday will really determine how close we need to pay attention to the draft. Will we be top 6 or not. Can we dangle that pick in a bigger trade? Is there a player that fits that will be in our range?
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X