No announcement yet.

Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah judging guys off like 100 total shots over the course of two days is a really bad idea.

Still. Being able to hit those shots is a good sign for a potential skill development path. In terms of ceiling discussion. Just not really in terms of expected outcome discussion.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

He's always had decent mechanics on his shot. Never understood everyone automatically shutting down the idea that he might be able to shoot.

I mean, good luck actually contesting it, even if you can close out in time.
      His mechanics are fine.
      But he won't be drafted for shooting,
      he will be drafted for defense which is THE big question mark.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

His mechanics are fine.
        But he won't be drafted for shooting,
        he will be drafted for defense which is THE big question mark.
        you think edey will be drafted for defense?

i cannot reconcile the first half of that sentence from the last

Comment

• Edey will be drafted for being a 7'4 big man and what that brings. Defense included, but thats not why he will be drafted. Rebounding, shot blocking, overall defense and everything he brings offensively. Adding a 3 point shot is a strong bonus.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Koloko got 2nd in 3pt shooting at the combine. Shot like 65%. These kinds of drills are meaningless. The only useful stuff that comes from the combine are the measurements.
            Not totally meaningless. Look at Ryan Dunn in every shooting drill. Wow.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Koloko got 2nd in 3pt shooting at the combine. Shot like 65%. These kinds of drills are meaningless. The only useful stuff that comes from the combine are the measurements.
              I wouldn't say meaningless. It's like Summer League. It doesn't necessarily tell you who will be good. But it definitely tells you who will not be good.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Not totally meaningless. Look at Ryan Dunn in every shooting drill. Wow.
                Man I can't read Dunns name without thinking about Jackass.

RIP.

Comment

Edey killing that too. lol.

Comment

• Why is he doing combine second time?
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Why is he doing combine second time?
                      What do you mean? Like because he did it last year before pulling out?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

What do you mean? Like because he did it last year before pulling out?
                        well yeah. combine isn't mandatory right?
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Edey killing that too. lol.

Holy shit Edey measured out as tall????? I can't freaking believe it! Shock of the century!

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

you think edey will be drafted for defense?

i cannot reconcile the first half of that sentence from the last
                            I think he meant his lack of ability to play NBA defense will define where he goes.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

well yeah. combine isn't mandatory right?
                              Improve his draft stock? His combine results are a lot better this year than last, showing his ability to improve all aspects of his game year-over-year. He was not expected to be drafted last year. This year he is edging into lotto territory.

People thinking he's the next Boban or something similar are going to die on that hill, but he's clearly much more than Boban on both ends of the court. If you're a team that doesn't want to play drop defense, you may want to look elsewhere, but he's going to be a productive NBA player for sure.

Comment

• I am so ready for another team to draft Edey so we can be done with this nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                                X