2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Can we fix the thread title? His name is Aminu. I'm guessing it was an autocorrect thinking you were talking about amino acids.
    I just fixed it. It threw me off when I read the title. I thought to myself "Who the heck is Amino? Did the Raptors pull off a draft day trade for some rookie I never heard of?"

In response to the poster's question. The flags on Aminu's game as he entered the league are still there; he's probably never going to give you much on offense. If him and Wright are part of the core then the Raptors need to add a few stud scorers to the mix.

Comment

• per 36 Aminu would average 10 and 9

not bad
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        Bucks seem to be linked to every big man FA out there, especially Deandre Jordan and Monroe.

would they be able to offer a max after re-signing Middleton?

want Middleton so bad
        Not after resigning Middleton. If they can get Middleton to wait until after they sign an outside free agent then they could bring him back at the max as well. Middleton's cap hold is only $2.7M so if they can promise him a max offer if he waits it gives them a lot of space to work with (around $20M).

Comment

Bucks seem to be linked to every big man FA out there, especially Deandre Jordan and Monroe.

would they be able to offer a max after re-signing Middleton?

want Middleton so bad
          I was wondering about this in connection to trading Vasquez.

They have $42.5M in salaries plus Vaugh's cap hold so about $43.1M.

If someone offers Middleton a max, that takes them up to about $55M.

Then they have to make a decision on what to do because now they have just $13M and that isn't going to cut it for the types of big men they have been linked to.

Wouldn't have been an issue had they not traded for Vasquez.

Comment

i'd play him at SG personally, but yeah. i'm a huge, HUGE fan. his athleticism is absurd. i don't think he's that far off - last year he was starting over Burke at the end of the year.
            I actually DO think he's that far off (relatively speaking). Only because I think his peak is really high and, from what I can tell from Utah fans, Burke is really bad.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Not after resigning Middleton. If they can get Middleton to wait until after they sign an outside free agent then they could bring him back at the max as well. Middleton's cap hold is only $2.7M so if they can promise him a max offer if he waits it gives them a lot of space to work with (around $20M).

I'm sure that is what will happen.

However that was the general thinking last season with the Rockets and Parsons as well.

Apparently someone missed the wink-wink last year.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                I was wondering about this in connection to trading Vasquez.

They have $42.5M in salaries plus Vaugh's cap hold so about $43.1M.

If someone offers Middleton a max, that takes them up to about $55M.

Then they have to make a decision on what to do because now they have just $13M and that isn't going to cut it for the types of big men they have been linked to.

Wouldn't have been an issue had they not traded for Vasquez.
                yeah, aside from already having 3 PG's under contract this was another head scratcher about the trade.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

per 36 Aminu would average 10 and 9

not bad
                  There's a reason why he's never received those kind of minutes though. His career Player Efficiency Rating is a meager 12.4%. His all-time best was last season at 14.4%. For a reference point, JJ was 17.9% last season.

Comment

• read the bucks have been shopping Henson pretty hard. while he doesn't exactly set the world on fire he does produce whenever they've given him minutes. wish MU had taken him on in the Vasquez trade. would be a nice piece up front.

per 36 he'd average 14/9 and 4 blocks!
                    Last edited by ceez; Mon Jun 29, 2015, 11:19 AM.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ahhh yikes.

wasn't suggesting we play him starter minutes but yeah.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I like how we are getting players that are, yknow, actually good at defence.
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Surprised the Raptors are associated with any free agents this early. To me it appears more of a rumour than anything.

He should not be getting more than $3M per year. He should basically have the exact same value as James Johnson.. maybe just with more character. If we're keeping James, don't want any part of Aminu. And to be honest.. James is better.

Comment

• Aminu would basically be a JJ replacement who is younger and less likely to butt heads with the coach. Aminu is a better defender than JJ in my opinion (also advanced stats wise with DRPM of 2.93 vs JJ's DRPM of 1.65). For reference, Aminu RPM 2.66 WARP 4.31. JJ RPM 1.98 WARP 3.65. So Aminu ranks out the slightly better player, with the added benefits of being younger and not a headcase.

Fun fact, Terrence Ross had the worst Defensive RPM for a SF in the entire league at -3.77. Let's trade Ross.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              There's a reason why he's never received those kind of minutes though. His career Player Efficiency Rating is a meager 12.4%. His all-time best was last season at 14.4%. For a reference point, JJ was 17.9% last season.
                              under Carlisle, Aminu was effective. under Casey he'll be less than useless. may as well also try for Faried. contested chucking, then everyone crashing. scramble offense and defense

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Surprised the Raptors are associated with any free agents this early. To me it appears more of a rumour than anything.

He should not be getting more than $3M per year. He should basically have the exact same value as James Johnson.. maybe just with more character. If we're keeping James, don't want any part of Aminu. And to be honest.. James is better.
                                Could also be a smoke screen.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X