Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stud.

Comment

• Next Dwade. Too bad he isn't gonna get the PT to #provem.

Comment

• ^One of the best reasons to trade Ross would be to free up minutes to develop Powell. The guy plays with so much intensity. Love this kid.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          stud.
          Maury wrote: View Post
          Next Dwade. Too bad he isn't gonna get the PT to #provem.
          Man, I wish people wouldn't set their expectations this high.

Better to be pleasantly surprised when he exceeds expectations and becomes that star, than be unfortunately disappointed when he becomes merely a useful player, and not a superstar.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Man, I wish people wouldn't set their expectations this high.

Better to be pleasantly surprised when he exceeds expectations and becomes that star, than be unfortunately disappointed when he becomes merely a useful player, and not a superstar.
            I'm not actually serious when I say the next DWade. I understand it's hard to interpret mild sarcasm over computer, but to clarify, no, my expectations aren't too high. He is a very good player and will hopefully continue to improve.

Comment

• If we sign DD, I hope Powell becomes our 6th man. He's a guard in the mold of a young, shorter Iggy. Does anyone remember Iggy in his young Sixer days?

He was explosive, good on D & shot the 3 at a decent rate. He also played the 2 & 3 full time.

Does anyone else like that comparison?
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                If we sign DD, I hope Powell becomes our 6th man. He's a guard in the mold of a young, shorter Iggy. Does anyone remember Iggy in his young Sixer days?

He was explosive, good on D & shot the 3 at a decent rate. He also played the 2 & 3 full time.

Does anyone else like that comparison?
                kind of. iggy was an athletic freak though. powell a better shooter.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I will remember that steal/dunk for a very very long time
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    kind of. iggy was an athletic freak though. powell a better shooter.
                    It did take Iggy a while to get his shot into form, but Powell's a freak athlete too. A 6'4 guard with a 6'11 wingspan that can shoot, pass, drive & defend. You don't see that everyday, and Pa-Pow just kills it out there.

I see Iggy in his game due to his D. Iggy was always good at getting under guys skin. Powell's D is very similar.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      I will remember that steal/dunk for a very very long time
                      That moment will encapsulate the first playoff series win I have experienced in my 13 years of fandom. I don't think Ill ever forget it.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        It did take Iggy a while to get his shot into form, but Powell's a freak athlete too. A 6'4 guard with a 6'11 wingspan that can shoot, pass, drive & defend. You don't see that everyday, and Pa-Pow just kills it out there.

I see Iggy in his game due to his D. Iggy was always good at getting under guys skin. Powell's D is very similar.
                        None of Rookie Demar, Rookie Lowry, Rookie Val, could be a vital part of the 4th quarter in a game 7. Norman Powell is going to be really really good. His skill set and mentality translate very well to the playoff atmosphere.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          None of Rookie Demar, Rookie Lowry, Rookie Val, could be a vital part of the 4th quarter in a game 7. Norman Powell is going to be really really good. His skill set and mentality translate very well to the playoff atmosphere.
                          To be fair, none of rookie DeMar, Lowry or Val had 4 years of college under their belts or were 23 years old.

Still, plenty of reason to be optimistic that Powell can be a very good role player for the team.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            To be fair, none of rookie DeMar, Lowry or Val had 4 years of college under their belts or were 23 years old.

Still, plenty of reason to be optimistic that Powell can be a very good role player for the team.
                            Are there stats one can look at to judge how important x amount of years in college is to the expected performance of a draft pick? I know it's important because of the added experience, but couldn't you also say those that were drafted earlier are more likely to have the physical tools to succeed? I feel like any affect of having 4 years in college and being older might come out in the wash and may not be as big a factor as x years in the nba.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Are there stats one can look at to judge how important x amount of years in college is to the expected performance of a draft pick? I know it's important because of the added experience, but couldn't you also say those that were drafted earlier are more likely to have the physical tools to succeed? I feel like any affect of having 4 years in college and being older might come out in the wash and may not be as big a factor as x years in the nba.
                              Yeah, those factors really muddy the waters. In theory, you should get fewer busts AND fewer players that outperform expectations when picked later, as more years in college means the player is further along their development track AND better scouted. And certainly you'd expect if the same player was drafted at 19 vs at 23, that he'd have a more impressive rookie season as a 23 year old than as a 19 year old.

In any case, comparing rookie Powell to the other rookies is not really fair based on experience and age - they were younger and as rookies had no more NBA experience than Powell, and less playing experience overall (with the possible exception of JV who has been playing competitively basically all his life).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                and less playing experience overall (with the possible exception of JV who has been playing competitively basically all his life).
                                There's no competitive basketball growing up in Compton or Philly?
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X