Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    So Minnesota replaced Rubio with Teague? Is that actually an upgrade?
    Maybe in terms of fit with shooting but I like Rubio more and he's cheaper.

Comment

• Agree Scraptor... it's just that when people say he's sitting on his hands doing nothing kind of annoys me. None of us know whats going on behind the scenes or what talks hes having with other GMs. Sometimes the best move is no move, and I for one am ok with where we're at. That said, all that can change tomorrow and I will call for a full on rebuild.

Teague signed with Minny, so I fully expect Lowry back at this point.

Comment

• Lmao ESPN. Terrible

Comment

• Apparently Rudy gay is gonna sign with the spurs? What is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• According to woj we have "significant chance" to resign serge.

Comment

• Patty mills helps us w Lowry

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                Apparently Rudy gay is gonna sign with the spurs? What is this?

mybe they gonna play him at 4?

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                  mybe they gonna play him at 4?
                  Yes that's what I would assume, it's just that Rudy Gay does not seem like a spurs kind of guy.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    Yes that's what I would assume, it's just that Rudy Gay does not seem like a spurs kind of guy.
                    same I was thinking the same..

I realize that Spurs don't always hit gold with free agency, while they almost always hit gold with Drafts lol

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      I mean, PG must have communicated that he was going to Lakers in 2018. That is the only reason I can see why he got traded for scraps and why Masai didn't go for him.
                      Boston's standing offer for PG was - and multiple of the "good" NBA reporters have confirmed this - three first-round draft picks, Jae Crowder and "another starter" (which is almost certainly Avery Bradley). They tried to get George at the trade deadline and at that time one of the three first-rounders was Brooklyn's pick this year (the one they eventually traded to Philly, who used it to get Markelle Fultz).

That officially makes the Paul George thing not Danny Ainge's fault. He did exactly what he should have done: he offered a shitload of assets for Paul George, and frankly his offer was A) better than anything we could have possibly offered and B) MUCH better than what Indiana actually accepted. I mean, seriously. Oladipo and Sabonis are not better than Bradley and Crowder to begin with, and on top of that Oladipo's contract is a whale in terms of money versus talent, and on top of that there was another three first-round picks.

I honestly don't know what the hell Indiana is thinking. If they took such a bad trade for George - and it's a bad trade - the only rational explanation is that they're insanely high on Oladipo or Sabonis, and if that's the case then there's nothing Ainge or Masai could do, because sometimes teams are just stupid.

Comment

• Indy didn't want to trade w the east. Would have been funnier if they fucked their team just to spite Danny.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          Boston's standing offer for PG was - and multiple of the "good" NBA reporters have confirmed this - three first-round draft picks, Jae Crowder and "another starter" (which is almost certainly Avery Bradley). They tried to get George at the trade deadline and at that time one of the three first-rounders was Brooklyn's pick this year (the one they eventually traded to Philly, who used it to get Markelle Fultz).

That officially makes the Paul George thing not Danny Ainge's fault. He did exactly what he should have done: he offered a shitload of assets for Paul George, and frankly his offer was A) better than anything we could have possibly offered and B) MUCH better than what Indiana actually accepted. I mean, seriously. Oladipo and Sabonis are not better than Bradley and Crowder to begin with, and on top of that Oladipo's contract is a whale in terms of money versus talent, and on top of that there was another three first-round picks.

I honestly don't know what the hell Indiana is thinking. If they took such a bad trade for George - and it's a bad trade - the only rational explanation is that they're insanely high on Oladipo or Sabonis, and if that's the case then there's nothing Ainge or Masai could do, because sometimes teams are just stupid.
                          I am assuming it was just their way of throwing middle finger to Boston lol

they sure have lost out on A LOT of assets but at least Oladipo has been improving every year

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote:
                            also shocked that Denver couldn't offer more than what Thunder offered
                            He wouldn't resign. OKC is desperate to keep Westbrook.
                            Maybe Denver wants Millsap but if I was them I'd ride their youth until the west gets easier.

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                              they sure have lost out on A LOT of assets but at least Oladipo has been improving every year
                              Yeah, but he's still simply not as good as Crowder. Crowder is a better defender, a better shooter, on a much better contract, and contributes more winshares on more or less the same amount of minutes. And Oladipo definitely isn't as good as Crowder and three first-round picks.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, but he's still simply not as good as Crowder. Crowder is a better defender, a better shooter, on a much better contract, and contributes more winshares on more or less the same amount of minutes. And Oladipo definitely isn't as good as Crowder and three first-round picks.
                                They trynna keep PG out of the east, its one of those "if we can't have him neither can you". Hilarious that Boston got fucked over, screw them lol

Comment

Working...
                                X