Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    It is so rare that this many stars move in such a short stretch.

Cousins, Paul, Butler, George.

Everyone likes to brag about how Masai wins every deal... But you have to give value to get value, and a lot of opportunities are just sailing away.

Re-signing the same squad under Casey is pretty meaningless, as Naismith said.
    The thing with Masai trades is you don't always have to give value.

Listen, I'm not saying he's a genius, but he's propelled us into a good position over the last few years. It hasn't even hit the stroke of midnight and it seems people are casting him off as a "do nothing" GM.

I'm going to wait til the summer plays out and see what our squad looks like versus the rest of the east before i start to say he's doing nothing. i feel he has confidence in the young guys we have and that they'll make some significant improvements this year. If anything, his choice to retain Casey could be our biggest downfall. I'm OK if we re-sign our FA's and snag another player or two in FA or trade. JMO!

Comment

• found it on reddit nba streams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezl7...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
        LOVE The Prodigy track!

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
          What would we offer? Norm would have to go.
          Eh its becoming more and more clear that Indy chose this deal of many others. Atlanta offered 3 1st rounders, Boston offered several picks and Crowder, Kevin Love from the Cavs, etc.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
            LOVE The Prodigy track!
            RIP to the HNIC.

Comment

• They don't even have woj on the panel!?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Eh its becoming more and more clear that Indy chose this deal of many others. Atlanta offered 3 1st rounders, Boston offered several picks and Crowder, Kevin Love from the Cavs, etc.
                I think they said ATL offered 4 1sts?

Comment

• @WojVerticalNBA hasn't Tweeted yet.

See it while you can......

Oops..wrong account He's tweeting up a storm

Comment

• Atlanta fans should be thrilled that their offer wasn't accepted, whether it was three or four first round picks - highly unlikely that George would stay in the ATL for more than a year, and giving up that many picks would hurt the franchise long term.

Comment

• droppin nukes

https://twitter.com/wojespn

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania

Comment

• Lmao he flipped to woj

Comment

• Wtf didn't ESPN have woj on the whole time!? Man they ruined this

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            The thing with Masai trades is you don't always have to give value.

Listen, I'm not saying he's a genius, but he's propelled us into a good position over the last few years. It hasn't even hit the stroke of midnight and it seems people are casting him off as a "do nothing" GM.

I'm going to wait til the summer plays out and see what our squad looks like versus the rest of the east before i start to say he's doing nothing. i feel he has confidence in the young guys we have and that they'll make some significant improvements this year. If anything, his choice to retain Casey could be our biggest downfall. I'm OK if we re-sign our FA's and snag another player or two in FA or trade. JMO!
                            The whole point of our asset accumulation/patience strategy was to convert those assets into value.

But if you don't strike when the opportunity is there, the assets can depreciate in value.

Look at JV's value compared to where it was a couple years ago, or even at the start of this past season. It's not written in stone, but the appetite for old school centres is probably at an all time low. And we drafted another one in Poeltl. Meanwhile Norm is due for restricted free agency... What are we doing with him if we are in the tax?

It's obviously too early to say for sure, but this summer feels an awful lot like the boring summers of years past... Our only real opportunity to land someone was spent on Carroll.

All the big elephants are gone. Another Carroll-type addition isn't going to move the needle.

Comment

• So Minnesota replaced Rubio with Teague? Is that actually an upgrade?
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                                So Minnesota replaced Rubio with Teague? Is that actually an upgrade?
                                If you ask me they took a fantastic offseason and shot it in the foot.

Comment

Working...
                                X