Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shantz wrote: View Post

    Damn that Raps -3.5 spread looks tasty af!

    Comment


    • First game we'll get to see Tucker guarding an offensively elite SF so hopefully that works out.

      Just handed in my Masters thesis yesterday though so the Raptors had better pull through with a win!

      Comment


      • S.R. wrote: View Post
        Most here think Casey is a middling coach in a league where teams winning the championship usually have a top 5 coach. Very few honestly think Casey is a scrub.

        I find it funny that a couple posters get super defensive and bring the discussion to Casey as soon as one or two people comment on Stevens being a good coach. Do they realize Brad Stevens being a good coach and their belief in Casey as a good coach are not necessarily mutually exclusive opinions?

        The consensus that Stevens is quite a good coach is virtually unanimous, and I'm not talking at all about RR. It's a weird thing to argue against.
        You're making shit up. We never said Stevens wasn't a good coach. I stated the FACT that he hasn't done anything of significance YET. AND I posted their head to head win totals over the past 4 years.

        The last paragraph.....consensus virtually unanimous lol. What are you even talking about? Is that supposed to prove something? That's a weird argument.

        We said Stevens is being overrated.... that's not the same as not being a good coach. So you basically created an argument, to make a point that it's a weird thing to argue against.... lol. I'm laughing so hard.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment



        • Comment


          • tDotted wrote: View Post



            With an 88.6 DRTG

            Love the defense.
            There's a jump cut in the timeline at 1:05 that sounds like Leo says "Chewbacca"

            Comment


            • S.R. wrote: View Post
              Most here think Casey is a middling coach in a league where teams winning the championship usually have a top 5 coach. Very few honestly think Casey is a scrub.

              I find it funny that a couple posters get super defensive and bring the discussion to Casey as soon as one or two people comment on Stevens being a good coach. Do they realize Brad Stevens being a good coach and their belief in Casey as a good coach are not necessarily mutually exclusive opinions?

              The consensus that Stevens is quite a good coach is virtually unanimous, and I'm not talking at all about RR. It's a weird thing to argue against.
              No one said he was a bad coach. Pretty sure I said he was a good coach. I don't know how you can call a coach who has never won a playoff series anything more than a good coach.

              Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

              Comment


              • special1 wrote: View Post
                You're making shit up. We never said Stevens wasn't a good coach. I stated the FACT that he hasn't done anything of significance YET. AND I posted their head to head win totals over the past 4 years.

                The last paragraph.....consensus virtually unanimous lol. What are you even talking about? Is that supposed to prove something? That's a weird argument.

                We said Stevens is being overrated.... that's not the same as not being a good coach. So you basically created an argument, to make a point that it's a weird thing to argue against.... lol. I'm laughing so hard.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Glad you're laughing so hard, buckle up and put on a helmet for when you inevitably fall off your chair.

                Go back to pages 45 + 46 in this thread, people just made a couple of comments about Brad Stevens being a good coach and two guys have to chime in immediately with "He's so overrated!" with some combination of all caps and exclamation marks. Why the triggered reaction to a couple of pretty benign comments about Stevens? Honest question. And why bring it back to "yeah but Casey!" right away? Also an honest question. It's a weird reaction to a couple offhand comments about the opposing coach in a game thread, that's all I've claimed. The rest of your rant is a bit unhinged.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                Comment


                • special1 wrote: View Post
                  You're making shit up. We never said Stevens wasn't a good coach. I stated the FACT that he hasn't done anything of significance YET. AND I posted their head to head win totals over the past 4 years.

                  The last paragraph.....consensus virtually unanimous lol. What are you even talking about? Is that supposed to prove something? That's a weird argument.

                  We said Stevens is being overrated.... that's not the same as not being a good coach. So you basically created an argument, to make a point that it's a weird thing to argue against.... lol. I'm laughing so hard.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  If this is true seek help. Nothing remotely funny is happening here
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • Avg 50 Rebs the past two games. Our season avg is 42.5 which is 25th in the league vs Denver at #1 with 46.6. Of course, we did lose the Reb battle last night and destroyed a very poor rebounding team in Boston but it's still an improvement on an area of weakness.

                    Comment


                    • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      No one said he was a bad coach. Pretty sure I said he was a good coach. I don't know how you can call a coach who has never won a playoff series anything more than a good coach.

                      Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      From watching him coach for the last 10 years.

                      Personally I think he's done a great job in Boston. He took over a lottery team with zero stars and by his 4th season is challenging for the top seed in the East while his GM is still in the middle of collecting assets to actually become a contending roster at some point in the future. For judging his performance as a coach in BOS there are the basic rules of thumb like the fact that his team is better and his individual players are better every year, but maybe more importantly beyond that analyze what he's doing in terms of strategy, playcalling, etc. and typical markers for how good your coach is (e.g. ATO plays, crunch time performance) are all in his favour, even interesting things like the fact that his teams improve in important areas through the course of the season (one of only four teams to improve FG% month over month this season) point to the impact of the coach being more than "just good."

                      To put everything that points to Stevens being a very good coach aside because "he needs to win a playoff series first" is kind of random. Casey didn't win a playoff series in Toronto until his 5th season. Did your opinion of him significantly change last spring?
                      Last edited by S.R.; Mon Feb 27, 2017, 02:33 PM.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                      Comment


                      • lewro wrote: View Post
                        Love the defense.
                        There's a jump cut in the timeline at 1:05 that sounds like Leo says "Chewbacca"
                        I think our new power forward combo should be anointed 2Paka
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • S.R. wrote: View Post
                          From watching him coach for the last 10 years.

                          Personally I think he's done a great job in Boston. He took over a lottery team with zero stars and by his 4th season is challenging for the top seed in the East. For judging his performance as a coach in BOS there are the basic rules of thumb like the fact that his team is better and his individual players are better every year, but maybe more importantly beyond that analyze what he's doing in terms of strategy, playcalling, etc. and typical markers for how good your coach is (e.g. ATO plays, crunch time performance) are all in his favour.

                          To put everything that points to Stevens being a very good coach aside because "he needs to win a playoff series first" is kind of random. Casey didn't win a playoff series in Toronto until his 5th season. Did your opinion of him significantly change last spring?
                          I've had this argument with Christian before. I pointed out his INCREDIBLE track record at Butler, it was "NCAA doesn't matter"

                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I think our new power forward combo should be anointed 2Paka
                            Or, since the capital 'I' in Ibaka is pronounced as an 'E'... Big I and 2-Pat

                            Comment


                            • S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Glad you're laughing so hard, buckle up and put on a helmet for when you inevitably fall off your chair.

                              Go back to pages 45 + 46 in this thread, people just made a couple of comments about Brad Stevens being a good coach and two guys have to chime in immediately with "He's so overrated!" with some combination of all caps and exclamation marks. Why the triggered reaction to a couple of pretty benign comments about Stevens? Honest question. And why bring it back to "yeah but Casey!" right away? Also an honest question. It's a weird reaction to a couple offhand comments about the opposing coach in a game thread, that's all I've claimed. The rest of your rant is a bit unhinged.
                              Couldn't find anything where anyone said he wasn't a good coach huh?.......

                              Do you understand that we are Raptor Fans?

                              Who gives a shit about Stevens and the Celtics?? The fact that a bunch of posters are praising them is your answer....Obviously.

                              Especially since there's no accolades to support their clear overrating while at the same time trashing our coach.

                              God forbid we say anything good about Casey while saying Stevens is being overrated. lol. I'm not going to apologize, regardless of said consensus! I'm not going to apologize for defending our coach, who's actually a good coach as well.

                              Yes, I said it. Casey's a good coach too. Now what?


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                If this is true seek help. Nothing remotely funny is happening here
                                What can I say.... I have a great sense of humour.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X