Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    So whats the word on the streets? are they actually going to trade Siakam? Trae Young apparently followed Pascal on IG.
    Seems pretty clear they are exploring it. Question, as ever, is if Atlanta or others actually pony up a good enough offer.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So whats the word on the streets? are they actually going to trade Siakam? Trae Young apparently followed Pascal on IG.
      Seems like it, especially now that these new reports are coming out, which I already knew and I stated here, these guys didn't like playing with each other.
      As for Atlanta getting Siakim, this will only happen if there is a third team part of the trade.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Seems like it, especially now that these new reports are coming out, which I already knew and I stated here, these guys didn't like playing with each other.
        As for Atlanta getting Siakim, this will only happen if there is a third team part of the trade.
        The third (and fourth) team is possibly already lined up (and reported). Utah taking Collins, Houston sending prospects. Curious if they all get rolled into one deal (the HOU and UTA deals with the Hawks already seem likely to be one deal), and where Gay ends up after the smoke clears.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

The third (and fourth) team is possibly already lined up (and reported). Utah taking Collins, Houston sending prospects. Curious if they all get rolled into one deal (the HOU and UTA deals with the Hawks already seem likely to be one deal), and where Gay ends up after the smoke clears.
          So y'all think this will happen for real?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

no. first off this front office is so slow to make moves. how long it took for them to see the obvious writing on the bet on yourself wall. they are reactive, not proactive. look how fast we built a proper bench. took us what ... 48 hours where was the activity before?

we have a front office that has grown a reputation for sticking our nose in other's business without actually wanting to conduct business which is a bad reputation to garner.

we just sold poeltl on staying here and not tanking when realistically he had other places he could have gone, including san antonio, houston, perhaps boston. also from a stability stand point no barnes isn't ready to be the sole operator of this team on his own while losing an all nba or borderline all nba talent with no discernable replacement. I personally don't see that making sense, especially when yes I take the contrarian approach to evaluating og these days. I dont think OG is being held back because when pascal AND fred were out he didn't exactly destroy opposing teams with his numbers when you look at the efficiency. The team as is can compete and be good.

I also don't think the hawks are willing to pay the right price so far.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

I'm coming around to this deal more and more. Murray is an upgrade from Fred even if he's not as good as Pascal. Still only 26, decent 3pt shooter, but good defender and playmaker. His assist numbers from two season ago were pretty spectacular as the main ball handler with the Spurs. Numbers went down because he was playing with Trae last season, but should spike up again with the Raps.

My concerns would be:
              1. Will he resign since he only has the upcoming season left on his contract.
              2. Even though he is only 26, he's at that stage where he probably want to be on a good team and competing for something. Scottie is still figuring things out and Gradey is just a rookie, so maybe doesn't fit the timeline all that well?
              3. What/who else is coming over from Atl.
              Last edited by LJ2; Wed Jul 5, 2023, 10:06 AM.

Comment

That Grange article changed my mind a bit. The fact they haven’t discussed a Siakam contract extension is weird. If he has indicated he wants to wait fir the possible super max it could simply be that Raps won’t take the risk he walks next off-season.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

That Grange article changed my mind a bit. The fact they haven’t discussed a Siakam contract extension is weird. If he has indicated he wants to wait fir the possible super max it could simply be that Raps won’t take the risk he walks next off-season.
                  Someone else posted here calling Grange a mouthpiece for the Raps. However much that is true, it's interesting that he puts out an article dishing on the disconnect between older and younger players. The older players being Fred and Pascal. And now Fred is gone. Certainly paints the picture of changing the guard

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Someone else posted here calling Grange a mouthpiece for the Raps. However much that is true, it's interesting that he puts out an article dishing on the disconnect between older and younger players. The older players being Fred and Pascal. And now Fred is gone. Certainly paints the picture of changing the guard
                    For a mouthpiece, Grange has been harsher and on the Raptors' poor choices recently. Although it could be the front office wanting this stuff to be public as well.

Rumors of Pascal potentially being traded comes out then Pascal says he won't sign an extension anywhere but Toronto to try and kill trades. Not long after, Grange releases an article saying there was a disconnect/tension between Fred, Pascal and the young guys.

Fred is already gone and Pascal's trade rumors are picking up, mostly from Grange as well.

The timing of all it is interesting.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

For a mouthpiece, Grange has been harsher and on the Raptors' poor choices recently. Although it could be the front office wanting this stuff to be public as well.

Rumors of Pascal potentially being traded comes out then Pascal says he won't sign an extension anywhere but Toronto to try and kill trades. Not long after, Grange releases an article saying there was a disconnect/tension between Fred, Pascal and the young guys. The timing of all it is interesting.

Fred is already gone and Pascal's trade rumors are picking up, mostly from Grange as well.
                      Well that's the theory, right? If Pascal is outgoing, this is pretty standard PR stuff to leak negative on him and Fred to sell the fanbase on moving on from them.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

After the Fred debacle, they are probably re-evaluating their standard policy of re-signing their own guys at the risk of losing them for nothing.

The only person who benefited from patience, continuity and believing in the core last season was Fred. Just like I predicted.... and exactly as he had been manipulating the situation, on and off the court, to maximize his FA market value.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

After the Fred debacle, they are probably re-evaluating their standard policy of re-signing their own guys at the risk of losing them for nothing.

The only person who benefited from patience, continuity and believing in the core last season was Fred. Just like I predicted.... and exactly as he had been manipulating the situation, on and off the court, to maximize his FA market value.
                          Well, they got away with it with Lowry and Derozan on 4(?) occasions. FVV as well the first time he went to free agency. Ibaka, too?

I don't know the NBA at all but know some guys around the Flames and they were in a bit of shock after Gadreau didn't re-sign (which largely had to do with his wife wanting little Johnny out of Calgary and safely away from all his girls). Then Tkachuk was quickly out the door. There's some parallels here.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Grange is not a mouthpiece, so whoever said that is wrong. People need to have some appreciation for how carefully these guys tread as employees of an organization that owns the team they cover. It's also a weird criticism cause the biggest complaint is that the Raps guys don't get scoops but then are criticized for being mouthpieces when they post inside information.

Comment

Well, they got away with it with Lowry and Derozan on 4(?) occasions. FVV as well the first time he went to free agency. Ibaka, too?

I don't know the NBA at all but know some guys around the Flames and they were in a bit of shock after Gadreau didn't re-sign (which largely had to do with his wife wanting little Johnny out of Calgary and safely away from all his girls). Then Tkachuk was quickly out the door. There's some parallels here.
                              A lot of things that worked in the past for this front office, aren't working now. DeRozan is an anomaly... he wanted to be here to the point where he was trying to recruit guys. Lowry has said he would have left if the Spurs had mutual interest in him. That's part of the problem, I guess. Times have changed and the front office hasn't adapted. Always believing in continuity and continuing to pay your own guys can end up with a well-paid treadmill team and zero cap flexibility. Teams need to read the tea leaves early and get comfortable with churning the roster and acquiring cheaper assets.

Comment

Grange is not a mouthpiece, so whoever said that is wrong. People need to have some appreciation for how carefully these guys tread as employees of an organization that owns the team they cover. It's also a weird criticism cause the biggest complaint is that the Raps guys don't get scoops but then are criticized for being mouthpieces when they post inside information.
                                100% this ain’t a PR move for fans to move on from VanVleet and now Siakam. Lol.

it happened, Grange was careful, and he obviously was not going to burn bridges while he is still in the middle of it.

You listened to it and commented on it about Jack Armstrong on McCowan’s podcast was a little bit hesitant to say it but he did imply about the VanVleet and Scottie dynamics

Comment

Working...
                                X