Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

That was loyalty to an extent. Blazers weren't looking to trade him when he was expiring last time, they just offered him the supermax and Dame stuck with them.

The current situation with Pascal is a weird one. Raptors are exploring trades, and Pascal is apparently just saying no to any extensions with other teams. Raptors shouldn't offer him the supermax, if thats what Pascal is looking for. He does deserve the max though which other teams can offer him as well.
    He's not supermax eligible, only regular max.

He needs to make another all nba team to be supermax eligible.

That would out us between a rock and hard place. We let Pascal play out the final year of his deal, he plays selfish ball to get all nba, then says pay me supermax or I'll sign a regular max deal with the Spurs (or someone else with cap space).

That's why I keep saying over and over, if he won't extend now then just trade him for whatever we can get.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He's not supermax eligible, only regular max.

He needs to make another all nba team to be supermax eligible.

That would out us between a rock and hard place. We let Pascal play out the final year of his deal, he plays selfish ball to get all nba, then says pay me supermax or I'll sign a regular max deal with the Spurs (or someone else with cap space).

That's why I keep saying over and over, if he won't extend now then just trade him for whatever we can get.
      Ah forgot about that.

Makes it even weirder. The stuff about Pascal being part of the group that had issues with the young guys on the team and now this stuff isn't a good look.

If it keeps going, you might have to trade him for whatever you can so you can just move on. It would suck if it went down that route, but it is what it is.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Ah forgot about that.

Makes it even weirder. The stuff about Pascal being part of the group that had issues with the young guys on the team and now this stuff isn't a good look.

If it keeps going, you might have to trade him for whatever you can so you can just move on. It would suck if it went down that route, but it is what it is.
        David Thorpe was saying that the stuff that was leaked wouldn't come from players or agents. It came from management. So where does that leave Siakam in all of this? You can't think about pure asset management you gotta think how his presence will affect the locker room.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Pascal should think about just signing a 3 year extension. Once he hits 10 years he can get the super max (ie, 35% of the cap) even if he doesn't make all nba as he'd be a 10 year vet at that point.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Pascal should think about just signing a 3 year extension. Once he hits 10 years he can get the super max (ie, 35% of the cap) even if he doesn't make all nba as he'd be a 10 year vet at that point.
            I think we should trade him to a team that is in win now mode, that would trade for him even without insurance he's going to sign an extension. And I see the Bulls as a potential team.

If we could get Patrick Williams, one of their guards and draft picks, that could be perfect IMO.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

I think we should trade him to a team that is in win now mode, that would trade for him even without insurance he's going to sign an extension. And I see the Bulls as a potential team.

If we could get Patrick Williams, one of their guards and draft picks, that could be perfect IMO.
              The return would be pretty low for a potential 1 year rental. I think you might get one prospect.. but likely one bad contract with it.. and maybe some 2nd rounders.

Comment

The return would be pretty low for a potential 1 year rental. I think you might get one prospect.. but likely one bad contract with it.. and maybe some 2nd rounders.
                We traded DeRozan, Poeltl and a 1st for Kawhi one year rental...

Comment

Kawhi was a superstar that basically guaranteed a deep playoff run. He was maybe the best player in the NBA in 2019.

Pascal is a guy who can't lead a healthy team to the playoffs.

Comment

Pascal should think about just signing a 3 year extension. Once he hits 10 years he can get the super max (ie, 35% of the cap) even if he doesn't make all nba as he'd be a 10 year vet at that point.
                    He'd only need to tack on 2 more years, as after this season he'll have 8 seasons under his belt.

But then he'd be hoping for a long term supermax deal at the age of 32, covering his age 32-35 seasons. Kinda risky, not sure that will be there for him.

That said I think the Raps would be fine with a shorter extension. Also, an interesting possibility opens up as a short extension like that could potentially be part of an extend-and-trade. Would require a bit of a pay cut for him from his max salary though, so still unlikely.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Kawhi was a superstar that basically guaranteed a deep playoff run. He was maybe the best player in the NBA in 2019.

Pascal is a guy who can't lead a healthy team to the playoffs.
                      When we traded for him he was coming back from a season when he played just 9 games. But yeah I get your point. But I'd still do a trade with the Bulls at this point.

Comment

Bradley Beal got traded for peanuts and Damian Lillard is about to be traded for peanutes. 2023 market is not 2019 market
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Bradley Beal got traded for peanuts and Damian Lillard is about to be traded for peanutes. 2023 market is not 2019 market
                          yup and that's why I'm saying we should still do a trade with them even if the return is something like Patrick Williams, not so good draft picks and bad contract.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

The fact Kawhi was expiring might have increased his value. We didn't need to risk paying him supermax money while he sits out injured.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

sabonis has always had this problem... playoffs expose things that the regular season does not
                              You are delusional if you're expecting the Raps to make the playoffs.
                              We trade for Murray so that Scottie and the team gets the reps and development.
                              Last edited by Kagemusha; Fri Jul 7, 2023, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Raptors are basically in a bind with him. We don't even know if the Raptors offered a max extension. But let's say they did.. I don't see him wanting it. Because as soon as he accepts he can't get the supermax. And then if he's blocking trades by saying he wouldn't resign elsewhere either.. what can you do?

Ultimately I think they bring him back.. and see what happens again next summer. And it will be a Fred 2.0 situation all over again.

Watch for Philly as they have opened a lot of cap space. I could see Pascal wanting to play with Joel and Nick.. and I don't see why Morey would help in a S&T when they don't have to.

The only hope for Raptor fans is that he does make all-nba.. and that we do give him more than 30% of the cap. So that we can keep the asset and trade him a year later.
                                If Pascal comes back and as you're saying it's another Fred situation, then 100% he's not making all NBA.
                                Especially with Darko's perceived style. Pascal thrives in iso basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X