Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs! Round 2, Game 3: Toronto Raptors 103 - Cleveland Cavaliers 105 (CLE 3-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post

I'm not sure about the part about forcing him in some direction, I think if anything Siakam shoulda hedged harder but that's it.

Trapping in the corner would be smart, not sure they can do it effectively without fouling - anything physical might get called there, though maybe you take your chances.

Miles should have 100% helped though, I agree.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
      As much as I think moving on from this core is the best decision, this is probably what's going to happen.

On the bright side it will allow our young guys to play on a winning team (not including the playoffs), which is good. The rest of the East will get better but we should still be playoff bound for the rest of the time our current core is here
      I'd like to move on already, but the most likely path is riding out the next 1-2 seasons until those core contracts come off the books.

A coaching change could happen in the meantime. The young guys will keep getting better. But this won't be a top tier team, not in the playoffs without a top 10 guy.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        And the players that i would be looking at if i'm Masai are Wiggins, Fultz and Ingram.
        Wiggins? Really? I suppose he's worth a shot if its DD for him, straight up. Strikes me as a DD type though, no killer mentality.

Fultz? Really? If we could deal Kyle to Philly for him and a pick.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          I'm not sure about the part about forcing him in some direction, I think if anything Siakam shoulda hedged harder but that's it.

Trapping in the corner would be smart, not sure they can do it effectively without fouling - anything physical might get called there, though maybe you take your chances.

On the Miles thing you can't blame the coach though, that had to be a split second call. Leave your man too early and it's an open 3, and really OG kind of had it under control. All you can do is force to a high degree of difficulty shot and he did that.
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• He was right about the sweep tho!
            sanyo wrote: View Post
            Cant believe how bias Skip Bayless is against the Raps -- what a fucking prick!
            Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              I'd like to move on already, but the most likely path is riding out the next 1-2 seasons until those core contracts come off the books.

A coaching change could happen in the meantime. The young guys will keep getting better. But this won't be a top tier team, not in the playoffs without a top 10 guy.
              I disagree, if the players can improve to a point where their starting lineup is made up of 4-5 top 30 guys (and I think it's possible with Pascal and OG at least) that is a really really tough team to guard.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                Wiggins? Really? I suppose he's worth a shot if its DD for him, straight up. Strikes me as a DD type though, no killer mentality.

Fultz? Really? If we could deal Kyle to Philly for him and a pick.
                Like i said, they should look at what the Bulls got for Butler. A good young player and 1st.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

That's an oversimplified dismissal of how much better of a passer Lebron is. Lebron's a point guard in a power forward's body who up until very recently could guard 5 positions. He'll also happily score 45+ points and hit game winning shots as needed. Thems all facts.

I'm a huge Jordan fan btw. Think Jordan had the killer instinct and Lebron's achilles heel is his GM tinkering, he screws up his own rosters. MJ had a nice, stable, very good Bullls team for a long time.
                  Nah when Doug Collins asked him to play point guard, he averaged 8 assists. He was more than capable of putting up the numbers LeBron is now, but he and Phil realized they were never going to win consistently by only having him handle the ball 99% of the time.

Anyway, LeBron sure is good at basketball

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post

Siakam was running around trying to match up with Love. I feel like him and OG should've just switched

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      If Casey is not fired after this season......
                      He just won 59 games with a team without a top 15 player. They ran into a bad matchup also featuring the second best player of all time. Casey tried every adjustment in the book and none of them really worked.

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting him to do to miraculously save this series?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                        Anyway, LeBron sure is good at basketball

Comment

The thing is when teams are able to scout out your game plan and stifle all of your action, you better have some talented players that can break down the defense with their talent alone. Having guys that are just flat out faster, stronger, or skilled then 90% of the league means that even the best defensive scheming won't stop them completely, and will give you a chance to succeed.

DeMar and Lowry are jack of all trade guys (mostly Kyle). IMO one guy we do have that has an advantage over most players at his position is JV, but his flaws don't allow us to rely on him too heavily, especially if the matchup doesn't favour him.

We're going to be seeing a lot of the same for the next while. I think for a bit Masai will try and convince stars that we're one piece away from contending to try and bring them in, and if that doesn't work it's back to the draft for talent.
                          OG is our king

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                            He just won 59 games with a team without a top 15 player. They ran into a bad matchup also featuring the second best player of all time. Casey tried every adjustment in the book and none of them really worked.

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting him to do to miraculously save this series?
                            Lol Raptors were the better team, everyone said so and they're getting swept. Pacers put up a better fight. They've tried everything for the last few years, nothing worked, time for a change.

Comment

• That sucked ... the whole bar I was at watching this game just lost their collective minds as Lebron hit that last second shot ... man that hurts, but it's Lebron ... not much you can really do.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                He was right about the sweep tho!

Sent from my LG G6 using Tapatalk
                                I tore Skip a new A-hole on that tweet... I need a win so that I can't be wrong about that. If we get swept I will never believe in this team(current core/coach) again.

Just gimme one win so that Skippy can't retweet me...

Comment

Working...
                                X