Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    I'm a big DD fan, but I think it is quite obvious that JV has more talent than DD. Not really a knock on DD at all tbh, I think Jonas can be a top 5 center. DD is actually top 5 at SG also imo, but that's an easier position to be top 5 at as it's probably the weakest position in the league.
    Think about what you just wrote.

How is SG an easier position???

You need ball handling, passing skills, ISO/creative skills and shooting to be a really good SG.

The fact that there aren't many really good SGs out there should actually show that it's harder.

A Center can stay around the basket, rebound, set picks and block shots. How hard is that? It's actually an easier position to fill as there are MANY really good Centers in the league right now.

I wouldn't even put JV in the top 10. So I'm not about to get rid of a top 5 SG to keep a C who's yet to crack the top 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
      DD is not a top 5 SG. He is below average defensively and isn't a good 3 point shooter.
      DD is average to above average defensively. Stop using 3 year old arguments.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Think about what you just wrote.

How is SG an easier position???

You need ball handling, passing skills, ISO/creative skills and shooting to be a really good SG.

The fact that there aren't many really good SGs out there should actually show that it's harder.

A Center can stay around the basket, rebound, set picks and block shots. How hard is that? It's actually an easier position to fill as there are MANY really good Centers in the league right now.

I wouldn't even put JV in the top 10. So I'm not about to get rid of a top 5 SG to keep a C who's yet to crack the top 10.

Yo learn to read. I didn't say SG is an easier position to play, I said it's easier to be top 5 at in the NBA because there aren't as many good ones. Most SGs in the league are just 3PT shooters, a few can do that and actually defend and very, very few have all around games (DD, Butler, Klay, Wade, healthy Kobe, Harden).

I'm not saying it's easier, I'm saying there's less competition for that top 5 spot. And I also didn't say JV is a top 5 center right now, I'm saying he has the potential to get there.

Comment

• Anyone still saying DeRozan is below-average defensively is suffering from the Harden-syndrome of judging a player's skillset based on where it was 3-4 years ago. He's not, period.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
            It's definitely true
            Bull poop. So true that JV has trouble getting his coach to play him in the 4th Q.

Comment

DD is average to above average defensively. Stop using 3 year old arguments.

Wrong
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                Yo learn to read. I didn't say SG is an easier position to play, I said it's easier to be top 5 at in the NBA because there aren't as many good ones. Most SGs in the league are just 3PT shooters, a few can do that and actually defend and very, very few have all around games (DD, Butler, Klay, Wade, healthy Kobe, Harden).

I'm not saying it's easier, I'm saying there's less competition for that top 5 spot. And I also didn't say JV is a top 5 center right now, I'm saying he has the potential to get there.
                Backtracking now?

SG is a harder position than C.

Having a top 5 SG is better than having a top 15 C.

Get out of here with that potential stuff. I wouldn't hand out Max contracts on potential.... If you do, you're taking a huge risk as they can cripple you for years.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  Wrong
                  Right.

See how this works?

Ball. *Hedo voice*

Comment

Bull poop. So true that JV has trouble getting his coach to play him in the 4th Q.

It's all about fit, JV doesn't fit what Casey wants so he doesn't play.

2pat plays a lot of crunch time but he's not better than JV

Comment

Backtracking now?

SG is a harder position than C.

Having a top 5 SG is better than having a top 15 C.

Get out of here with that potential stuff. I wouldn't hand out Max contracts on potential.... If you do, you're taking a huge risk as they can cripple you for years.

Wong again

Comment

• A lot of players have gotten max contracts or big contracts on potential. JV is 23 he's not finished project so your paying him for what he can do when he's more seasoned.

Comment

That may or may not be true. Even if it was true, I think Masai lets someone else pay him 20+ million.

Why pay 20+ million for someone who sits most 4th quarters?

We've all seen that small ball takes JV out the game and he's not offensively dominant enough to punish teams that go small.

That being said, hopefully JV comes into the season a little quicker and trusts his shot more (he needs to take and make more 10-15 footers).... If so, he will get that max contract.

so wait, you're saying you actually agree with caseys shitty small ball tactics? hahahhaha

Comment

you know who played a lot of 4th quarters? vasquez. wheres he at now? you're terrible at posting.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              It's all about fit, JV doesn't fit what Casey wants so he doesn't play.

2pat plays a lot of crunch time but he's not better than JV
                              Bingo!

It's not only about who starts, it's also who finishes.

It's stupid to give a max contract to someone who can't stay on the floor in the 4th.

I would rather see how he performs this season and see if he can win his coach's trust. Keep in mind Dwane Casey played Bargnani to close out games. I guess Bargs is much more mobile than JV or something.

Don't get me wrong though.... I'm not comparing JV to Bargs as JV is a solid player. He does what a C is supposed to do. However, I think the position itself is overrated around here because of the love for JV.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                so wait, you're saying you actually agree with caseys shitty small ball tactics? hahahhaha
                                We gotta bench JV so we can be the 25th best defensive team in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X