X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Which three point guards do you mean? We only have 2 on our roster. I mean we're stuck with Fred since we gave up Delon in the Gasol trade... Lin is hot garbage. McCaw wasn't playing. No OG.

You can't have Kawhi/Siakam and Lowry play 45 minutes in a game 1. Makes no sense. Maybe the problem is Nurse likes Fred more than Norm.. but Norm makes a lot of mistakes as well. He's not really dependable. And if Green is in foul trouble it gets tougher. What I would have liked to seen is more Norm in the 3rd and a similar amount of Norm in the 4th.. to give Kawhi more time on the bench. And just hope and pray we can sustain those minutes while Kawhi is resting.

I'd still prefer that over Meeks or Lin. Masai could have done a much better job with the waiver wire I guess.. slim pickings though.
    Game 5 and 7 against the Sixers are good examples. His rotation was fluid.

but he said it himself in the presser after that game 6 loss about his urge to try again the three guard line up (Kyle FVV and Norm)

Leave a comment:

• Zak24gege
    replied
    Green is shaking out there, he throws the ball away, loses on dribble, misses lay-ups, misses shots just not contributing out there. Problem is do you go with Norm? Maybe have Danny come off the bench.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Lin played like shit in the reg season. But who cares right now? i'd rather see him out there over FVV. He can't be worse.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    sanyo wrote: View Post

time to give lin some minutes... nothing else you can do.
    Sorry bud but Lin is not the answer

Posters here have short term memories

Nurse played a three big line with Marc/ Ibaka and Siakam in game 5 and that was a huge difference then went back to his experimentation in game 6.

He learned his lesson and stuck to what was successful in game 7, even benching Green in the fourth quarter favoring his three bigs with Kyle and Kawhi in the back, that worked wonders

Nurse is just being a moron

He admitted it in post games last series that he just wanted to go back to some rotations hoping that it may work.

Idiot and This may cost us the series against a better coached team with a freak

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post

It's not even that they didn't play great: this was easily their worst (or 2nd worst) game of the playoffs. Meanwhile we haven't shot a good % from 3 in ages and we still lost
    They are better team and they are higher seed for a reason. Raps were underdogs realistically.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Bucks don't have to play great to win and Raptors have to be perfect to win. Yeah it looks like it'll be Bucks in 5. Every analyst has Bucks to win.
    It's not even that they didn't play great: this was easily their worst (or 2nd worst) game of the playoffs. Meanwhile we haven't shot a good % from 3 in ages and we still lost

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Bucks don't scare teams they just beat them
    That’s true. They kind of just bait you into doing stuff you’re not good at and execute stuff they’re good at with ruthless precision. No fanfare, no animosity.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Nurse played Kawhi 33 minutes in game of the Orlando series, they lose that one

Nurse overplayed Kawhi this game 1 and they lose

no middle ground

but bottomline, when he roll out the three guard line, its a given we lose most games in the regular season and in the playoffs

I just dont understand his thinking on this and the urge to give Van Vleet this much of exposure. Van Vleet is a negative and will never be successful when it matters. Mediocre players like him should not get playing time.
    Which three point guards do you mean? We only have 2 on our roster. I mean we're stuck with Fred since we gave up Delon in the Gasol trade... Lin is hot garbage. McCaw wasn't playing. No OG.

You can't have Kawhi/Siakam and Lowry play 45 minutes in a game 1. Makes no sense. Maybe the problem is Nurse likes Fred more than Norm.. but Norm makes a lot of mistakes as well. He's not really dependable. And if Green is in foul trouble it gets tougher. What I would have liked to seen is more Norm in the 3rd and a similar amount of Norm in the 4th.. to give Kawhi more time on the bench. And just hope and pray we can sustain those minutes while Kawhi is resting.

I'd still prefer that over Meeks or Lin. Masai could have done a much better job with the waiver wire I guess.. slim pickings though.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    Goal was to split and that's still possible. This was an insanely winnable game even with every non-Lowry Raptor playing their worst and Kawshi being tired. We take 2, 3, 6 and 7.

This isn't a Cavs repeat.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    This game dropped my confidence quite a bit; I wish it would go up like some of you lol
    Bucks don't have to play great to win and Raptors have to be perfect to win. Yeah it looks like it'll be Bucks in 5. Every analyst has Bucks to win.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    This game dropped my confidence quite a bit; I wish it would go up like some of you lol

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    next game we have to play lin and mccaw. we need to rest our guys a little more.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Man, if our guys are already tired in Game 1, it’s gonna be over quick. Bucks are younger, deeper and well rested.
    And there's a game every other day. Bucks taking this one in 5 or 6 max.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Someone said above and I too feel strangely a bit more confident than before the series started; we didn't get blown out and everyone but KLOE can improve, some by a ton. Although to lose a game where Giannis wasn't dominant is not good.

And I don't buy the tired excuse. They had ~3 days off.
    PS
    I hate the late 8:30 starts and we have them 6 out of 7 games....since this is going 7
    Last edited by G__Deane; Wed May 15, 2019, 11:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Nurse played Kawhi 33 minutes in game of the Orlando series, they lose that one

Nurse overplayed Kawhi this game 1 and they lose

no middle ground

but bottomline, when he roll out the three guard line, its a given we lose most games in the regular season and in the playoffs

I just dont understand his thinking on this and the urge to give Van Vleet this much of exposure. Van Vleet is a negative and will never be successful when it matters. Mediocre players like him should not get playing time.
    time to give lin some minutes... nothing else you can do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X