Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

E-sports is the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen. I can't believe it's even a thing.
    Don't know much about it except everyone (billionaires, athletes, celebs) are pumping money into Esports.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post

Don't know much about it except everyone (billionaires, athletes, celebs) are pumping money into Esports.
      Esports is dumb. Give me two weeks and I could beat Trex in any video game.

Comment

• Wonder where Westbrook will land .... rumored that Heat, Pistons and Rockets are interested

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Wonder where Westbrook will land .... rumored that Heat, Pistons and Rockets are interested
          Pistons should just do it. They’ve got no chance at getting materially better outside of getting a star like Westbrook. They’d have a fun team that would put butts in the seats at the big new building in downtown Detroit.

Comment

• Fascinating fact from the recent Woj/Lowe podcast:

Since Tim Duncan almost went to Orlando, every time a max-level free agent has taken a meeting with a new team, he's left his old team.

"Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Pistons should just do it. They’ve got no chance at getting materially better outside of getting a star like Westbrook. They’d have a fun team that would put butts in the seats at the big new building in downtown Detroit.
              Must remember the suitors are dealing with Presti who exacts maximum return Not sure what the Pistons can offer picks wise. Griffin I believe is from Oklahoma I think so he could be a possibility exchange.

Comment

• Lots of discussion on moving on from Serge and Marc and Kyle .

So to conduct a trade you have to know what your your selling and who needs what your selling. You could have the worlds greatest dog food but in no one owns dogs .. so what.... So in the spirit of matching sellers to buyers lets have a fast look.

The raps have 3 win right now players. 2 Centres and a point guard and they are good. They can help and they have a championship pedigree.

Marc Gasol is a very good inside defender . He can make the shot from 3 and he is an above average passer. He is also 34 and whoever would see value in him would be a win now team. Serge is younger. He has always battled birther rumours that he really is much older than his 29 years. He too is a good defender and shot blocker. He can defend the rim. Rebounding.. well you can’t do everything well and he is an above average offensive player at his postion.

Kyle is 33 and still has miles left in the tank. He is a a win now point guard. He can make 3s. He can pass the ball. He can control the tempo of the game. He can do all the things a 14 year pro can do and do them at a high level. He is a get.

So now that we know whats for sale.. who might be buying in February ?

In the East there are 2 legit contenders. Philly and the Bucks. The others are close but those are the two who look to have what it takes. Others in the mix are the Raps.. Boston…Indy and the Nets. How close any of them are in their view in February could dictate which player the Raps have the ability to move for some type of a return. .

In the West there are pantloads of teams who can win it but prolly only 5 legit contenders. I see it as Denver, Utah, Lakers, Clippers and the Warriors if Thompson is ready to play after the ASG. Teams like Portland , Houston are closer but not really there and need help and there are younger teams like New Orleans and Sacto who might want a vet but if they are thinking clearly will just continue on their paths.

So which of those teams will or might need a win now C or a PG to push their team farther in the playoffs than they think they could get if they stood pat.

In the East are the Bucks and Hinkies good to go ? The Bucks even if they were to look to add depth don't have the contracts to ship back and their picks are in the late 20s. Thier on roster prospects aren’t A level. So they don't look to be good dance partners. The Hinkies still have some draft picks but they too will be mid 20’s. They have traded a lot but not all of their young players. They might need a C to back up Embiid and they might entertain a vet at PG over Josh Richardson. The Hinkies might be a good target in Feb.

Boston needs a C and they have a few picks left and they have a lot of recently drafted young players. Gasol is good fit there.
                The Nets are good to go at PG with Irving and with Jordan and Allen at C.they seem to be fitted up well.
                The Pacers have Brogdan at PG and they have Turner. in the middle. They drafted a young C but maybe just maybe Serge as a serious widebody fits their uptempo style and gives them some depth if they think they can come out of the East. It’s a possibility as they have a need and the Raps have supply. Question is Ibalka worth trading a 1st round pick for ? We shall see. Pacers do have picks and younger players.

Out West its an arms race as its wide open. But for what ?

Utah and Denver seem to be good at C and PG.
                The Clippers could use a C perhaps and Lakers could use both a C and PG. Problem with the Lakers is that they have nothing to trade and neither do the Clippers. Both LA teams have no picks left or younger players that aren’t G league guys.
                The Warriors are hard capped.
                Portland to me anyway needs a veteran C. They got Whiteside and Collins. Whiteside is expiring so there is a discussion to be had to the cost of upgrading that spot. We will have to take Whiteside back but thats not so bad if they can pony up a decent pick or a prospect tied to him. We get some futures and the Blazers upgrade to Gasol or Ibaka. Portland has picks and a sprinking of young players. They don’t need a PG.
                Houston is a bit of a shit show right now. It would be cruel to move Gasol to that gong show and Serge would prolly have a fist fight in the parking lot with someone. Lord knows they don’t need another point guard. Dealing Morely is always scary as you have to count the silverware when he leaves the building but he has draft picks and you never know what kind of a derivative 4 team trade he is working on.
                I harbour doubt that teams as far away from legit contenders as New Orleans and Sacto would part with any futures for win right now players. You never know with Vlade though.

Do the tank bridages in the East and West want right now players ?
                Not really as they are on path to lose games ethically I suppose. But the Knicks.. .. no.. not even the Knicks are that dumb anymore as to add win now players to a team that is 2 years away from still being nowhere.

So there are fewer dance partners than you think for the just trade Kyle and Serge and Marc right now advocates. .

In the East it could be Boston and Philly and maybe interest in Indy.

In the West.. for those that can pay and have a need . Its Portland. Maybe Houston if you can deal with Morey.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Lots of discussion on moving on from Serge and Marc and Kyle .

So to conduct a trade you have to know what your your selling and who needs what your selling. You could have the worlds greatest dog food but in no one owns dogs .. so what.... So in the spirit of matching sellers to buyers lets have a fast look.

The raps have 3 win right now players. 2 Centres and a point guard and they are good. They can help and they have a championship pedigree.

Marc Gasol is a very good inside defender . He can make the shot from 3 and he is an above average passer. He is also 34 and whoever would see value in him would be a win now team. Serge is younger. He has always battled birther rumours that he really is much older than his 29 years. He too is a good defender and shot blocker. He can defend the rim. Rebounding.. well you can’t do everything well and he is an above average offensive player at his postion.

Kyle is 33 and still has miles left in the tank. He is a a win now point guard. He can make 3s. He can pass the ball. He can control the tempo of the game. He can do all the things a 14 year pro can do and do them at a high level. He is a get.

So now that we know whats for sale.. who might be buying in February ?

In the East there are 2 legit contenders. Philly and the Bucks. The others are close but those are the two who look to have what it takes. Others in the mix are the Raps.. Boston…Indy and the Nets. How close any of them are in their view in February could dictate which player the Raps have the ability to move for some type of a return. .

In the West there are pantloads of teams who can win it but prolly only 5 legit contenders. I see it as Denver, Utah, Lakers, Clippers and the Warriors if Thompson is ready to play after the ASG. Teams like Portland , Houston are closer but not really there and need help and there are younger teams like New Orleans and Sacto who might want a vet but if they are thinking clearly will just continue on their paths.

So which of those teams will or might need a win now C or a PG to push their team farther in the playoffs than they think they could get if they stood pat.

In the East are the Bucks and Hinkies good to go ? The Bucks even if they were to look to add depth don't have the contracts to ship back and their picks are in the late 20s. Thier on roster prospects aren’t A level. So they don't look to be good dance partners. The Hinkies still have some draft picks but they too will be mid 20’s. They have traded a lot but not all of their young players. They might need a C to back up Embiid and they might entertain a vet at PG over Josh Richardson. The Hinkies might be a good target in Feb.

Boston needs a C and they have a few picks left and they have a lot of recently drafted young players. Gasol is good fit there.
                  The Nets are good to go at PG with Irving and with Jordan and Allen at C.they seem to be fitted up well.
                  The Pacers have Brogdan at PG and they have Turner. in the middle. They drafted a young C but maybe just maybe Serge as a serious widebody fits their uptempo style and gives them some depth if they think they can come out of the East. It’s a possibility as they have a need and the Raps have supply. Question is Ibalka worth trading a 1st round pick for ? We shall see. Pacers do have picks and younger players.

Out West its an arms race as its wide open. But for what ?

Utah and Denver seem to be good at C and PG.
                  The Clippers could use a C perhaps and Lakers could use both a C and PG. Problem with the Lakers is that they have nothing to trade and neither do the Clippers. Both LA teams have no picks left or younger players that aren’t G league guys.
                  The Warriors are hard capped.
                  Portland to me anyway needs a veteran C. They got Whiteside and Collins. Whiteside is expiring so there is a discussion to be had to the cost of upgrading that spot. We will have to take Whiteside back but thats not so bad if they can pony up a decent pick or a prospect tied to him. We get some futures and the Blazers upgrade to Gasol or Ibaka. Portland has picks and a sprinking of young players. They don’t need a PG.
                  Houston is a bit of a shit show right now. It would be cruel to move Gasol to that gong show and Serge would prolly have a fist fight in the parking lot with someone. Lord knows they don’t need another point guard. Dealing Morely is always scary as you have to count the silverware when he leaves the building but he has draft picks and you never know what kind of a derivative 4 team trade he is working on.
                  I harbour doubt that teams as far away from legit contenders as New Orleans and Sacto would part with any futures for win right now players. You never know with Vlade though.

Do the tank bridages in the East and West want right now players ?
                  Not really as they are on path to lose games ethically I suppose. But the Knicks.. .. no.. not even the Knicks are that dumb anymore as to add win now players to a team that is 2 years away from still being nowhere.

So there are fewer dance partners than you think for the just trade Kyle and Serge and Marc right now advocates. .

In the West.. for those that can pay and have a need . Its Portland. Maybe Houston if you can deal with Morey.
                  I’d like to see an Ibaka trade relatively soon, maybe a gasol trade later on and I’d rather let Kyle walk and have one more playoff run with him. I think an Ibaka + for Hayward and a late first or maybe a couple seconds works for both teams in fit and in each respective team’s timeline. Unless we can get a solid pick and prospect for Kyle you keep him. Maybe he sticks around as a veteran presence while we make our ascension to the top again into the 2020s.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    Lots of discussion on moving on from Serge and Marc and Kyle .

You have a good research asst. Demo.

Loathe to deal with Danny A. ...make sure to exact a higher price from our fave team. I would wait a bit into the season before dealing... a) to assess how our team is showing b) waiting for demand to show around the league because injury or mediocre play by previously considered a-listers.

Comment

• I'd love to make a run at CJ McCollum if he can be pried away from Portland. Don't know what we give them, but ya ... he could give us that scoring punch we're losing from Kawhi, and I could see him being available for the right price so Portland can diversify themselves.

Comment

• Speaking of scoring punch...

I mean obviously nobody expects Johnson and RHJ to fill the absent shoes. But this is what we’re facing...

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          ...just shut the absolute fuck up for a sec...
                          You've got style Shaolin...juvenile maybe, but style. Didn't miss it at all.

Comment

• https://post.futurimedia.com/chumam/...AT5sM45YgJWUoY

Great interview with Bruce Arthur, sheds some light on the whole Kawhi plan to get to the Clippers

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              At the end of the day I was right about the Kawhi thing. If we weren't going to acquire another star (which we did in Gasol) we should've traded him at the deadline, because otherwise we would've gone out to Philly in the 2nd round (really don't want to hear the crap from JV stans right now, just shut the absolute fuck up for a sec), and then Kawhi would've left and we'd be sat here with our dick in our hands and nothing to show for the trade.
                              Ummmm I don't think anyone has talked about JV here at all for for weeks and much for months ....

Comment

• Stay the coarse,no trades,we still have good team,playoff..not contender..imagine if OG can step up, like siakim, then were talking..
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X