No announcement yet.

2020 End of Season / Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Paul is part of the problem. He expedited this and only talked to his friends who were all playing for contenders (except for Dame who's team was the only one that shot down the 22 team format by the way).

I'm sure the rest of the players are pissed off. And Kyrie is rallying them all even though he's the VP of the PA and was probably invited to that Chris Paul inner circle.

They should make a 30 for 30 on this in a few years.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Isn't the NBAPA's job to canvass players and represent them in talks and take actions that have player approval? Or does the league now have to negotiate with Kyrie Irving? This is ludicrous. Can't wait to hear the rationale behind the players that are now balking.

EDIT: Irving is a VP of the NBAPA! Where has he been for 2 months?
      Chris Paul froze him out of the offense. lol. That's what happens when you have 2 ball-dominant PGs as your union leadership.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Chris Paul is part of the problem. He expedited this and only talked to his friends who were all playing for contenders (except for Dame who's team was the only one that shot down the 22 team format by the way).

I'm sure the rest of the players are pissed off. And Kyrie is rallying them all even though he's the VP of the PA and was probably invited to that Chris Paul inner circle.

They should make a 30 for 30 on this in a few years.
        There was a conference call, but I don't see that Kyrie was invited...

Chris Paul, the president of the players association, arranged the call that included LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kawhi Leonard, Stephen Curry, Damian Lillard and Russell Westbrook, sources said.
        https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-nba...210518262.html

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Chris Paul froze him out of the offense. lol. That's what happens when you have 2 ball-dominant PGs as your union leadership.
          Lol good one. I read somewhere there are a bunch of unhappy role players that are unhappy but afraid to publicly challenge the superstars. Cracks in the union.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Lol good one. I read somewhere there are a bunch of unhappy role players that are unhappy but afraid to publicly challenge the superstars. Cracks in the union.
            They need a Derek Fisher type to be the president of the union, not a superstar. A guy who's won chips with a super star, but also can be the voice for the average role player. Someone like Andre Iguodala or Matthew Dellavedova.

That way they can be the ear for all players.

Chris Paul makes no sense.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

They need a Derek Fisher type to be the president of the union, not a superstar. A guy who's won chips with a super star, but also can be the voice for the average role player. Someone like Andre Iguodala or Matthew Dellavedova.

That way they can be the ear for all players.

Chris Paul makes no sense.
              Kinda funny example, since he's like the worst possible name you could have pulled lol

Fisher, currently the coach of the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks and a freshly minted executive at a predatory Denver-based entity called Luxury Asset Capital, has a rich history of not just personal betrayals, but professional subterfuge that undermines the collective bargaining power of his peers.

“Man!!!! Hell Naw!!!! Stay away from this!!!!” tweeted Jared Dudley, upon learning of Fisher’s new job at Luxury Asset Capital. Dudley is a thirty-three-year-old veteran for the Brooklyn Nets, with a strong reputation as a “culture guy” who educates younger players about the peaks and perils of the NBA lifestyle. “Derek Fisher sold us out in the CBA now he selling us out again,” tweeted Baron Davis. Davis, a teammate of Fisher’s during the 2004–05 season with the Golden State Warriors, was referring to Fisher’s highly scrutinized role as the president of the NBA Players’ Union during the league’s 2011 work stoppage.
              Amid negotiations long enough to shorten the season by sixteen games, Fisher was accused of working privately with league commissioner David Stern. It was reported that Fisher assured Stern he could deliver an agreement for a 50–50 split of basketball-related revenue between players and owners, a figure less generous than the 52–48 premise under which the union had been previously operating.

Executive Director of the union Billy Hunter publicly called Fisher out, as did Jerry Stackhouse, then a player with the Miami Heat. “He does have aspirations to possibly be a [general manager] one day,” Stackhouse said. “If he can be the guy to bring the sides together in whatever way, maybe there would be an opportunity for him to be a GM. I’m not saying that he has an ulterior motive but the possibility lies there.”

Fisher was not in a position to decide anything unilaterally for his union anyway, but his hands were all over the negotiations, and the widely held suspicion that he was willing to sell his peers out inured him to most of them forever. When Fisher got a prestigious five-year, $25 million head coaching contract with the New York Knicks, a job for which his qualifications were questionable, a mere ten days after playing his final professional game in 2014, it did not exactly reverse the feeling that he had leveraged his high position in the union against players for future personal gain.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Kinda funny example, since he's like the worst possible name you could have pulled lol

Lol... I knew he was the president, didn't know he got kicked out. More here:
                https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...t-derek-fisher

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

"others believe mutli-millionaire black players, mildly inconvenienced to entertain and ease league’s economic burden in order to protect the salary caps from which they are paid, amid current racial tension is bad optics"

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

"others believe mutli-millionaire black players, mildly inconvenienced to entertain and ease league’s economic burden in order to protect the salary caps from which they are paid, amid current racial tension is bad optics"
                    Nobody feels sorry for their stupid bubble issues I'll tell you that. Are the players pretending that they still aren't interacting with all sorts of different friends and family lately? Because they'd be lying.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Easy way to fix the optics: Players and owners should donate X% of the profits this year to BLM or similar cause.

Comment

• I would have thought that the guys on the league minimums or vet minimums or even rookie scale deals would be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interested in picking up a couple more paychecks in Orlando.

The NBA's 1% (Lebron, KD, Kawhai, Kyle et al) could easily afford (monetarily) to consider a pass on the tourney and playoffs if self quarantining for 90 days plus in the City of Mickey and Minnie was a serious concern. Guys like Chris Boucher or Osahe Brisset might want one more cheque to carry them through the summer.

Have to admire Irving for giving the membership a chance to air their concerns and bring it to a vote.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Woj reported that almostt all the guys who dont want to go are from teams who dont have a real title shot. I.E those ranked 6 seed or lower
                          Wonder if they could narrow it down enough to find just the teams that actually want to play, whatever 6 or 10 or 12 or whatever teams those are. I'd be fine with that, I don't need 13 WC teams or the Brooklyn Nets in this thing.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Wonder if they could narrow it down enough to find just the teams that actually want to play, whatever 6 or 10 or 12 or whatever teams those are. I'd be fine with that, I don't need 13 WC teams or the Brooklyn Nets in this thing.
                            The less games they play the less tv money they get (have to play at least 70 games to meet their regional broadcast requirements). So that's the reason why they decided to have 8 "regular season" games between 22 teams. I'm not sure cutting more teams is going to go over well with guys that want to get paid.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

He also isnt even going to be playing. So Kyrie doesn't have to even go to the bubble if he doesnt want to
                              Can we send kyrie to the moon in a bubble?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Can we send kyrie to the moon in a bubble?
                                Won't go in a bubble but maybe on a plate.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X