Everything Gary Trent Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    What would be the max everyone is willing to pay him?

I think I’d go all the way to 3/70 or 4/100 but if he’s looking for more is when I’m inclined to trade him
    Jalen Brunson ($26M/yr) should be the ceiling… and he’s younger, a lot more efficient and not as injury prone.

So the $28.5M/yr max extension that Fred could sign right now is already an extremely fair offer, if not an overpay.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

True...you can't pay "non all stars" all star salaries. The only blip to that may be this mythical cap jump that's coming that will make a $25million contract next year look like a $10 million one in 3 years
      That all depends on the rights packages they can sell. Everyone assumes that the NBA can at least double their current deals.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Jalen Brunson ($26M/yr) should be the ceiling… and he’s younger, a lot more efficient and not as injury prone.

So the $28.5M/yr max extension that Fred could sign right now is already an extremely fair offer, if not an overpay.
        Fred is a significantly better overall player than Brunson. I guess if you pay based only on offence, you have a point.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

This is Gary's thread, so I assume he was referring to him and not Fred.

Comment

• Gary is going to set the market for a lot of these 3pt shooters that take a lot of attempts (over 7 a game). But don't do much else. I believe both Struss and Monk will be free agents, so they will be competing with each other.. although I think Gary will likely make more as he's been doing it longer. Herro and Poole will be on the high end.

I'm still not certain he's back, but I think Gary gets about $25M a year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Gary is going to set the market for a lot of these 3pt shooters that take a lot of attempts (over 7 a game). But don't do much else. I believe both Struss and Monk will be free agents, so they will be competing with each other.. although I think Gary will likely make more as he's been doing it longer. Herro and Poole will be on the high end.

While Gary is not a great defender, he at least puts in effort and can be disruptive as he gets deflections and jumps the passing lane.

Strus has dropped off as a shooter this year as well and is two years older. Monk also is not a great shooter although he loves to shoot the ball. I wouyld say Gary is the top of those three as far as caliber of player goes. Who is worth how much is beyond me.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Gary is going to set the market for a lot of these 3pt shooters that take a lot of attempts (over 7 a game). But don't do much else. I believe both Struss and Monk will be free agents, so they will be competing with each other.. although I think Gary will likely make more as he's been doing it longer. Herro and Poole will be on the high end.

How many teams have piles of cap space and want to spend? Like I'm not sure how all these guys are going to get $25-30 million when 2/3 of the teams are over the cap.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Paying the same guys more money just because the cap jumps is not an answer to getting better.
                  But maybe it is. Player X who contributes at a certain level may hold you back if he takes more than that level of the cap. If that suddenly drops to less of the cap, you can keep his contribution and add more

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

How many teams have piles of cap space and want to spend? Like I'm not sure how all these guys are going to get $25-30 million when 2/3 of the teams are over the cap.
                    I think if any shuffling gets done it will be through sign and trades. But I could see Sacramento (Monk) and Miami (Struss) just keep their guys too. And with bird rights, they can just resign their guys even if they are already over the cap.

Comment

Yeah, depending on which teams decide to play with their cap space, somewhere in the 20-25M range seems about right for Gary.

Heck, right now that's what Fred's market is looking like, though he could obviously turn it around the second half of the season and get back to his low-30's likely payday.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think if any shuffling gets done it will be through sign and trades. But I could see Sacramento (Monk) and Miami (Struss) just keep their guys too. And with bird rights, they can just resign their guys even if they are already over the cap.
                        Yeah, don't worry about cap space, most guys move via sign and trade now.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Fred is a significantly better overall player than Brunson. I guess if you pay based only on offence, you have a point.
                          Has been better. Next 3-4 years maybe not

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

There’s a certain team in LA that happens to have a huge amount of cap space this summer and employs a very famous Klutch agent player.

Lakers make a lot of sense every way you look at it, young, can shoot and the cap space.

25+ for him there I could definitely see

Comment

• Looks like at least half dozen teams with significant space

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

There’s a certain team in LA that happens to have a huge amount of cap space this summer and employs a very famous Klutch agent player.

Lakers make a lot of sense every way you look at it, young, can shoot and the cap space.

25+ for him there I could definitely see
                                Assuming he doesn't extend, I think the Lakers will try to sign Myles Turner first. He helps both their offense and their defense, arguably more than Gary. I read somewhere that they'll only have about $35M in cap room.

Comment

Working...
                                X