No announcement yet.

The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nets are kind of forced to build around Simmons to build his value back up. Nets won't fetch much for Simmons right now.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      Nets are kind of forced to build around Simmons to build his value back up. Nets won't fetch much for Simmons right now.
      If the intent is to just build up his value, then building around him is a bad approach. I mean, why shape a roster around his strengths and weaknesses if your only going to trade him when he starts to look attractive to other teams? IMO, if the nets are able to move off Durant and Kyrie and get some decent assets in return, then they can feature Simmons after and hope he either improves and is worth keeping (I.e. develops a shot), or at least returns to his early Philly form and becomes a tradeable asset. He is neither right now, so building around him seems foolish.

Comment

• It's unfortunate, but his lack of shooting ability makes it extremely difficult to build around. He brings a lot to the table, elite in many areas of the game, but non shooting ball handlers are problematic in today's NBA. Just like elite shooters that can do little else, hard to find space on the floor for those types of players.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

If the intent is to just build up his value, then building around him is a bad approach. I mean, why shape a roster around his strengths and weaknesses if your only going to trade him when he starts to look attractive to other teams? IMO, if the nets are able to move off Durant and Kyrie and get some decent assets in return, then they can feature Simmons after and hope he either improves and is worth keeping (I.e. develops a shot), or at least returns to his early Philly form and becomes a tradeable asset. He is neither right now, so building around him seems foolish.
          By build around I mean have some shooting around him. Its tough to have him play well otherwise

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Very well said…He is still young, so hopefully a full season of hard work may change the negativity around him, change people’s perceptions and eventually increase his value. He has the natural god given talent. Wishing him all the luck.

But we have Scottie, hahaha !
            Not a person in the league outside of maybe Sacramento would take Ben over Scottie.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

By build around I mean have some shooting around him. Its tough to have him play well otherwise
              It's interesting actually. Say Durant got traded for OG (or fred) + Trent and picks. That's a good influx of shooting and scoring. So then, the challenge in my mind would be to trade kyrie for a player that can do 2 things better than Simmons, defend the C, and space the floor. Then you have

C from the kyrie trade
              OG
              Harris,
              Trent
              Simmons

With Curry, Warren, mills, Claxton, O'Neal off the bench. That's not bad with some pick capital to boot. Don't know who that C could be though.

Comment

• Although, you'd think Durant, Irving and Simmons would be better than that, but maybe not enough ball to go around with those 3.

Comment

• its like missing some classes. The more you miss the harder it is to come back. He wasnt there when they needed him he made it really tough on himself to step on the floor. Messed up end of ssn philly messed up end of ssn brooklyn. My moneys on him never stepping on the floor in brooklyn. He’ll have persistent “back issues”

Comment

• A few of you way undervaluing Simmons. Recency bias I guess. He's quite a bit better than the best player on half of the teams in the NBA. Very few here respect defense at all though so I'm not surprised.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      A few of you way undervaluing Simmons. Recency bias I guess. He's quite a bit better than the best player on half of the teams in the NBA. Very few here respect defense at all though so I'm not surprised.
                      I don't think anyone is arguing that, when he's played, Ben Simmons is a very good player, including defensively - a challenge is that he's going to be paid $35M/year for the next few years. He hasn't shown the ability to hit a 3 point shot (5 career three pointers - and only 10 attempts in 2020-2021), which runs contrary to the offensive direction the NBA is heading, and has had to be pulled from close games in the fourth quarter, because of his poor free throw shooting.

So if you're a non-Brooklyn GM, are you going to risk trading significant assets (because of Simmons' salary) to Brooklyn?

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

I don't think anyone is arguing that, when he's played, Ben Simmons is a very good player, including defensively - a challenge is that he's going to be paid $35M/year for the next few years. He hasn't shown the ability to hit a 3 point shot (5 career three pointers - and only 10 attempts in 2020-2021), which runs contrary to the offensive direction the NBA is heading, and has had to be pulled from close games in the fourth quarter, because of his poor free throw shooting.

So if you're a non-Brooklyn GM, are you going to risk trading significant assets (because of Simmons' salary) to Brooklyn?
                        I think Brooklyn should keep him and get guys that fit with him. Which basically means shooters. I think you can definitely win with 1 guy that isn't a good 3pt shooter.

Comment

• No word on the potential Ayton domino yet but it’s early…

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfxz7G4O...on_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfxz7G4O...on_share_sheet

As per Woj, Sean Marks will meet face to face with Masai and also with James Jones of Phoenix

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfxz7G4O...on_share_sheet

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfxz7G4Olom/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet[/video]

As per Woj, Sean Marks will meet face to face with Masai and also with James Jones of Phoenix

Let's hope Masai quietly fleeces Marks for either Harris or Curry instead. Lol

Comment

• Is that as per woj or as per somebody posting a random insta post? Don’t see any tweets by him

Comment

Working...
                                X