The Raptors and KD. Let's discuss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I think I could talk myself into a Scottie deal if the rest of the deal is favourable enough. Like, only one extra first heading their way, Flynn as the extra prospect instead of Precious, Trent as the core piece instead of OG, them taking Khem and Svi as the filler, nothing else coming back our way... Maybe.

The ideas floating around about like Scottie plus OG plus several picks? Nope.

If you are sending a pile of future firsts, the offer is OG and Trent.

hell no

Comment

I doubt KD even wants Marks and Nash fired. It's likely just a request that will be seen as impossible to deliver on. It's just another "trade me." Except this time creating enough public strife that it would be pretty much impossible to go into training camp like this.

the fact that his brother immediately went on social media and said there is no way he is coming back a month ago and you heard nothing further from his camp said everything... its just a lot of nets fans were hopeful.

In terms of this thread it seems like we are all largely on the same page and in my opinion have a good read of the situation. aka KD isn't coming back to the nets.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

A bit reminiscent of the Vince Carter era where Vince Carter was already on the outs with the team & wanted the Raptors to hire Julius Erving as Gm for the vacant spot. Unfortunately the Raptors hired Rob Babcock & he committed one of the worst trades in NBA history ( sending Vince for the 2 Williams sisters end of the bench players, Alonzo Mourning who refused to report & was released plus 2 very low first round picks back to back for a player who miraculously rediscovered his All-Star touch on his new team The Nets).

Oh how the turn tables!
        was dr. j a good gm?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I don't give Marks any credit for assembling the stars in Brooklyn. KD specifically wanted to play in Brooklyn, fell right into Marks lap, he didn't do shit, the players all colluded to pair up in Brooklyn.

He did completely mismange the situation to where it is now, a total dumpster fire where 2 stars want out and the 3rd may never play because of phantom back issues.

If as GM you totally piss off your star player to where he demands out you did a shitty job.

I'd take KD over Marks any day of the week. You think star players are gonna be clamoring to go play for Marks? I don't think so.
          in hind sight do you wish this happened to the knicks because it would be funnier?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

hell no
            I think that was a first day of KD requesting a trade?

A lot has changed since then. Lets see what the new asking price is over the next week or so. Considering Nets lost even more leverage after today, do the Celtics still offer Jaylen Brown?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Marks made a mistake giving KD and Kyrie whatever they wanted, but by no means is he a bad GM. They had a nice thing going before they got KD and Kyrie with D'Angelo, Allen and Levert.

If I'm Joe Tsai, I ask Marks to trade KD and Kyrie before firing him. They both have a track record of becoming unhappy on multiple teams. This isn't something new. Kyrie left the Cavs because he didn't want to be under Lebron's shadow, went to Boston, didn't work out and now he is in Brooklyn. KD won championships with the Warriors, was unhappy and made his way to Brooklyn with Kyrie.

If Joe Tsai goes the route of firing Marks and Nash, there is no guarantee Kyrie doesn't walk in FA next season and KD becomes unhappy again.
              Yeah, the smart move would have been to sign Kyrie to the 3 year deal he wanted, waited quietly in the weeds until the team gelled with Simmons and then all the options open up for trades, from a position of strength.

But it became a battle of egos. Tsai, Marks and Nash couldn’t take getting pushed around and embarrassed by these divas any longer.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I think that was a first day of KD requesting a trade?

A lot has changed since then. Lets see what the new asking price is over the next week or so. Considering Nets lost even more leverage after today, do the Celtics still offer Jaylen Brown?
                fair enough ... but still hell no

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, the smart move would have been to sign Kyrie to the 3 year deal he wanted, waited quietly in the weeds until the team gelled with Simmons and then all the options open up for trades, from a position of strength.

But it became a battle of egos. Tsai, Marks and Nash couldn’t take getting pushed around and embarrassed by these divas any longer.
                  I thought Kyrie wanted a full max with all guaranteed money

Comment

I thought Kyrie wanted a full max with all guaranteed money
                    I think he wanted a 4 year, but they were discussing 2 years guaranteed with games played triggers to guarantee year 3 & 4. They were getting close on that deal. I think a 3 year guarantee would have got it done, with maybe a trigger for year 4.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I think he wanted a 4 year, but they were discussing 2 years guaranteed with games played triggers to guarantee year 3 & 4. They were getting close on that deal. I think a 3 year guarantee would have got it done, with maybe a trigger for year 4.
                      yeah I thought so because I thought he wanted 4 full guaranteed years maybe if they gave him 3 with 4th year being a player option...

Comment

I doubt KD even wants Marks and Nash fired. It's likely just a request that will be seen as impossible to deliver on. It's just another "trade me." Except this time creating enough public strife that it would be pretty much impossible to go into training camp like this.
                        Exactly what it is. Turns up the pressure. Durant knows Tsai can’t possibly meet that demand. Durant also knows the Nets asking price is too high. Trying to force their hand.

Comment

• This was Boston’s previous offer that was out there for public consumption.

• The Celtics offered Brown, guard Derrick White and a draft pick to the Nets for Durant, sources said. The proposal was rejected, and Brooklyn has asked Boston — in any proposal — to include Brown, Defensive Player of the Year Marcus Smart , draft picks and potentially one more rotation player, those sources added.
                          Meanwhile, The only thing that was available publicly as far as the Raptors was any trade that would include Scottie but Raps said no.
                          Otherwise, nothing specific.

It is a matter of time that Sean Marks blinks rubber stamped by Joe Tsai.

Comment

• Is FVV and OG too much?

Comment

Is FVV and OG too much?
                              Not if you keep the rest of the core intact & only give out 2 first

rounders.http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fqohxxs

But you want assurances that KD will be cool with Nurse & his system while sticking around for at least 3 season.

But it's KD hard to know why he always on the move from good places without good enough reasons.

Comment

Is FVV and OG too much?
                                I really struggle, because the one guy who doesn't fit great in a KD team is Gary, whose value would be largely redundant with KD here while the guys outgoing would have their values dramatically increased around KD.

In terms of value I think you should do it, but in terms of winning right away with the team? I think you insist on one of those two, plus Gary, and pay a little extra in draft capital to make it work.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X