No announcement yet.

Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way they're tanking makes me think they really like somebody in that top 6 range. Sarr and Risacher are the top two on most draft boards but my money is on Tidjane.

Comment

• Watching this Purdue game and Edey has 21/11 at the half.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

I made my prediction Edey is gone by pick 20. What is your prediction?
        Not so much as a prediction. Just personally don't think he is going to pan out. Wouldn't take him higher then 40 if I was a GM.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          Watching this Purdue game and Edey has 21/11 at the half.
          And he made some great passes too, showing some good vision from up there.

The other thing that jumps out is just his pure strength. Dude had 3 guys hanging off his arms and still got a shot up and in.

I feel like a good NBA coach can cure alot of his reflexal instincts on defense.

Comment

• McCain from Duke with the Indy pick. Thoughts?
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Not so much as a prediction. Just personally don't think he is going to pan out. Wouldn't take him higher then 40 if I was a GM.
              I'd take a flyer on him with the second round pick if he goes that low but I think there's a number of teams that would take a chance on a 7'4 300 pound big man before we will.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                The way they're tanking makes me think they really like somebody in that top 6 range. Sarr and Risacher are the top two on most draft boards but my money is on Tidjane.
                Not to seem na?ve but how are we tanking? Scottie has a broken hand. Poeltl a dislocated finger. RJ had tragedy. IQ had a death in the family. Can the remaining players really beat many other teams in the league?

Comment

McCain from Duke with the Indy pick. Thoughts?
                  I don't think he would be there at 17.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Not to seem na?ve but how are we tanking? Scottie has a broken hand. Poeltl a dislocated finger. RJ had tragedy. IQ had a death in the family. Can the remaining players really beat many other teams in the league?
                    Even before RJ lost his brother it was like he and IQ were taking turns playing every other game. They aren't playing Boucher either.

Comment

Even before RJ lost his brother it was like he and IQ were taking turns playing every other game. They aren't playing Boucher either.
                      Boucher and his torn MCL?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Boucher and his torn MCL?
                        Forgot about that. Not that they were playing him much before that either.

Comment

Forgot about that. Not that they were playing him much before that either.
                          We were healthy more or less. Boucher was getting DNPCD's. Yak broke his pinky. Boucher had one more DNPCD , the 41 pt blowout. Then played the next 2 games, and got injured the 2nd game.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• i am honest surprised at the eddy love when i first mentioned him years back i got destroyed.

how zach would fit with scottie depends on how you see scottie. when i look at scotties abilities there are 3 directions you can go.

1. PF what kelly and porter are playing right now which means you have a redundancy

2. scottie pippen aka inspector gadget

3. chancey billups , sam cassell, magic johnson slow big guard for their era.

i already see scottie changing his playstyle because we dont know how to use him. now that we changed are team.

anyways everyone needs to include history as part of their studies because there are common knowledge skills that this generation has no idea about. a great example is half court basketball and how to use it to save energy.

the almost complete lost of center skills and almost the complete lost of PF skills. dribble dribble dribble random dash up or drive through 3-5 people.

scottie
                            gradey
                            cody
                            kelly/porter
                            zach

thats a team with different skill sets take out cody put RJ basically what i am trying to say is if you match the skills sets with traditional roles there is 50+ years of basketball to figure out your sets.

Comment

• It sound’s like Zach does have a bit of outside shooting as well, it’s just not an option for him in their offence. His passing out of double teams has been excellent and I also don’t think he’s as slow as people are making him sound. He’s playing big minutes with high usage, if you shorten his minutes I think he can make a big impact.

If you get an NBA training staff working with him, I’m sure they can make a mild improvement in how he runs, he’s already made Huge improvements in that area. A few years ago, you could really see how him playing hockey for the majority of his childhood effected how he ran and moved. If you put that as a focus on his development (strength without bulk, and keep working on the footwork) and add some shooting range, you have huge weapon on both ends. He already has the post game and can hit free throws.

Also his ability to guard on the perimeter has been impressive!

Last edited by saints91; Mon Mar 25, 2024, 08:00 AM.

Comment

McCain from Duke with the Indy pick. Thoughts?
                                Not sure Raps will be looking for another guard in the draft when they need a starting caliber forward as well as depth at those positions. Great shooter though and that's always high in demand.

Comment

Working...
                                X