No announcement yet.

Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sound’s like Zach does have a bit of outside shooting as well, it’s just not an option for him in their offence. His passing out of double teams has been excellent and I also don’t think he’s as slow as people are making him sound. He’s playing big minutes with high usage, if you shorten his minutes I think he can make a big impact.

If you get an NBA training staff working with him, I’m sure they can make a mild improvement in how he runs, he’s already made Huge improvements in that area. A few years ago, you could really see how him playing hockey for the majority of his childhood effected how he ran and moved. If you put that as a focus on his development (strength without bulk, and keep working on the footwork) and add some shooting range, you have huge weapon on both ends. He already has the post game and can hit free throws.

Also his ability to guard on the perimeter has been impressive!

Last edited by saints91; Mon Mar 25, 2024, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      McCain from Duke with the Indy pick. Thoughts?
      Not sure Raps will be looking for another guard in the draft when they need a starting caliber forward as well as depth at those positions. Great shooter though and that's always high in demand.

Comment

• McCain is super interesting.. if he's there at the Pacers pick I think we should seriously think about that. I do agree that we should be looking for some size, but if Gary walks we would need a replacement that can shoot.

McCain being only about 6'2 / 6'3 is a bit of a challenge I think. But it's not a deal breaker. Would love to see what his dimensions will be at the combine.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          McCain is super interesting.. if he's there at the Pacers pick I think we should seriously think about that. I do agree that we should be looking for some size, but if Gary walks we would need a replacement that can shoot.

McCain being only about 6'2 / 6'3 is a bit of a challenge I think. But it's not a deal breaker. Would love to see what his dimensions will be at the combine.
          We have pretty decent shooting between IQ and Barrett at the guard spots event if Barrett isn't a high volume 3pt shooter. Gradey as well depending on which position he's playing. We could use better shooting at the SF/PF spots though. Risacher or Salaun would be interesting additions to the team I think. Both 18 yrs, so pretty raw but have nice size and are budding shooters. I really like Salaun despite his poor FG%. A bit of a project but this team has some time.

Comment

• ESPN with a new mock. Clingan the big riser, going 5th, replacing Sheppard who drops to 7th. Has Raps taking Devin Carter at 16 with McCain 19.

Edey. Just like this board, there are teams that won't touch him. Even if Indy didn't have Turner their super high pace would be a horrible fit. Edey needs a team that can max his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. In that vein, they have him at 14 to the Pels replacing FA JV.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Yep.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Yep.

Looks like we are not alone in the Boban comp.
                Do we need that in our young team?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

No
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Who are you talking to? Nobody here is saying we need Edey.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Who are you talking to? Nobody here is saying we need Edey.
                      C'mon now.
                      Do a little back reading bro

Comment

C'mon now.
                        Do a little back reading bro
                        People saying "Sure, take a waiver on him if he's there at 31, why not" is not at all the same as someone saying "We need to take him". So I'm with keon, enlighten us, who is saying we need to take him?

Also, it wouldn't be the first time, nor would it be the last, that an NBA Scout has mis-forecasted a prospects career. Let's be real.

Comment

ESPN with a new mock. Clingan the big riser, going 5th, replacing Sheppard who drops to 7th. Has Raps taking Devin Carter at 16 with McCain 19.

Edey. Just like this board, there are teams that won't touch him. Even if Indy didn't have Turner their super high pace would be a horrible fit. Edey needs a team that can max his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. In that vein, they have him at 14 to the Pels replacing FA JV.
                          Dang, 14?! That's the highest I've seen so far.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

People saying "Sure, take a waiver on him if he's there at 31, why not" is not at all the same as someone saying "We need to take him". So I'm with keon, enlighten us, who is saying we need to take him?

Also, it wouldn't be the first time, nor would it be the last, that an NBA Scout has mis-forecasted a prospects career. Let's be real.
                            Why take him at 31 though.
                            Do we need him?

Comment

Why take him at 31 though.
                              Do we need him?
                              When you're picking in the 2nd round (and on your 3rd total pick of that draft) you're not picking for need. You're swinging for the fences and crossing your fingers.

But you didn't answer the question .. you told him to "do a little back reading" - and having read most of the thread, I'm wondering what he should be looking out for, specifically.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

When you're picking in the 2nd round (and on your 3rd total pick of that draft) you're not picking for need. You're swinging for the fences and crossing your fingers.

But you didn't answer the question .. you told him to "do a little back reading" - and having read most of the thread, I'm wondering what he should be looking out for, specifically.
                                'Looks like we are not alone in the Boban comp.
                                Do we need that in our young team?,

That's my original question.
                                Do we need Edey in our young team.

Taking a flyer on him means we want him, means we need him.
                                Why take a flyer on someone you don't need?

Comment

Working...
                                X