Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

I initially thought the same thing, but the numbers don't necessarily reflect that though .. his 3/4 sprint times were better than Gradey. And his lane agility showed better than some other guards as well. He's worked on that alot, and I think it shows.
    You're hanging your hat on his sprint time being faster than Gradey's like he's not going to be completely gassed after one trip up the court at that speed. Dick can go all night. Edey's lane agility times are probably good because he has less ground to cover compared to a guard. Not saying these aren't positive signs but they aren't the best indicators of how he's going handle the speed of the NBA. Hope he impresses at the combine.

Comment

• I want to grab an athletic center preferable with some shootong ability with the pacers or piston pick. We have time to bring a backup C along behind jak before taking over in 2 years. Usually good NBA ready Cs in the pacers pick range
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Yeah Edey is an automatic bucket in college. SVG was screaming at Purdue earlier for not just giving him the ball. I still think he's a high risk/reward scenario.. but it feels like Masai is leaning towards an all Canadian thing hence the trade for RJ and then Olynyk.

I don't think Edey will be there by pick 31/32 though. So if we want him it will have to be with that Pacers pick.. and that might be a bit to high for my blood. Unless we get him and then knock that second rounder out of the park like we did with the Pascal pick back in 2016 then that's cool too.
        They better not. In the 2nd round sure(I guess). But my preference is for them to focus on drafting a PG in the 2nd round.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          I haven't seen anything from edey to not think he isn't boban 2.0. Easy to dominate college based on being a giant. NBA dudes will expose how Slow he is in 2 defensive possessions
          SVG pointed out that guards can get a mid-range shot anytime they want against Edey. Imagine Kyrie, Shai or basically any NBA caliber starting PG getting a switch into Eddy with more spacing than NCAA. That’s an automatic bucket against.

And on offense, Edey’s value comes from him always demanding a double team because of his size and also getting fouled. That won’t be the case in the NBA.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I think he goes in the 20's, but again being a 4th year player he may slip to the second round. I was thinking of Matt Barnes as a comp but not sure. I see him as a glue guy type.
            He’s more of a 4 than a 3 to me. Harvey Grant comes to mind as well for a comparison.

He shoots the 3 pretty well and is a good cutter so you can play him with Scottie and Jakob if needed.
            Last edited by WJF; Sat Mar 23, 2024, 04:03 PM.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Could be wrong, but i would be pretty surprised if he earns a 2nd NBA contract. You basically have to be jokic or embiid to have a long career at that size in today's NBA.
              Neither of them are 7'4" though? Edey has 4 and 5 inches on both of them. And guys like Boban/Tacko/Thabeet were never dominating like Edey is now.

Assuming he continues to work on his foot movement, I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to carve out a fine career in the NBA and for the national team.

Comment

• Hansborough was dominant in college too.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Hansborough was dominant in college too.
                  He played 7 years in the NBA. Not a bad career.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

He played 7 years in the NBA. Not a bad career.
                    Sure. But you don't draft aiming for career bench guy.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

SVG pointed out that guards can get a mid-range shot anytime they want against Edey. Imagine Kyrie, Shai or basically any NBA caliber starting PG getting a switch into Eddy with more spacing than NCAA. That’s an automatic bucket against.

And on offense, Edey’s value comes from him always demanding a double team because of his size and also getting fouled. That won’t be the case in the NBA.
                      Wasn't that a complaint about JV 5 years ago? He's still around and starting on a playoff team
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• This guy RJ Davis of North Carolina plays a lot like Trent.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I initially thought the same thing, but the numbers don't necessarily reflect that though .. his 3/4 sprint times were better than Gradey. And his lane agility showed better than some other guards as well. He's worked on that alot, and I think it shows.
                          Those numbers are from last year when he was told he would go undrafted and went back to school. I don't think they translate to actual basketball because scouts do not seem to consider them in the slightest.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Yeah Edey is an automatic bucket in college. SVG was screaming at Purdue earlier for not just giving him the ball. I still think he's a high risk/reward scenario.. but it feels like Masai is leaning towards an all Canadian thing hence the trade for RJ and then Olynyk.

I don't think Edey will be there by pick 31/32 though. So if we want him it will have to be with that Pacers pick.. and that might be a bit to high for my blood. Unless we get him and then knock that second rounder out of the park like we did with the Pascal pick back in 2016 then that's cool too.
                            Why would we want an older ready to play center when we have 2 under contract?

Comment

I haven't seen anything from edey to not think he isn't boban 2.0. Easy to dominate college based on being a giant. NBA dudes will expose how Slow he is in 2 defensive possessions
                              I thought someone already posted that he's not that slow at all

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Wasn't that a complaint about JV 5 years ago? He's still around and starting on a playoff team
                                Those are NCAA no name guards already getting easy shots against Edey, not NBA guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X