No announcement yet.

Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To change from one over-discussed subject to another over-discussed subject, this from ESPN Insider today:

"With Edey, he's just so big ... but the thing about Edey is he's nimble and has incredible footwork and body control," one opposing coach said. "It's not as easy as, 'Just be physical and throw a double at him.' He's seen everything an opposing defense can do. Double-team, triple-team, play him one-on-one, trap when he dribbles. [Matt] Painter is one of the best coaches and Edey has an incredibly high basketball IQ."

If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      To change from one over-discussed subject to another over-discussed subject, this from ESPN Insider today:

"With Edey, he's just so big ... but the thing about Edey is he's nimble and has incredible footwork and body control," one opposing coach said. "It's not as easy as, 'Just be physical and throw a double at him.' He's seen everything an opposing defense can do. Double-team, triple-team, play him one-on-one, trap when he dribbles. [Matt] Painter is one of the best coaches and Edey has an incredibly high basketball IQ."
      Then he's too big and too high IQ to be a Raptory pick

Comment

• Knecht at 4. Risacher at TEN?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• G______Deane wrote: View Post

Then he's too big and too high IQ to be a Raptory pick
          naughty boy too

https://x.com/BTolan72/status/1774626898586247466?s=20

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Knecht at 4. Risacher at TEN?

Alex Sarr, Raptors

"He shoots a lot of jumpers, but he doesn’t make many of them."

Yeah, he is a Raptor
            Last edited by Kagemusha; Thu Apr 4, 2024, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

naughty boy too

Lol Dang. First I've heard of this, but if he supposedly "can't kick the booze", and still DOMINATES muhfuckas, hard to be mad at the kid. He's enjoying his last days of college. Let him live.

And why they putting POTY in quotes, without adding "two time" in front of it. Put some respek on it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Lol Dang. First I've heard of this, but if he supposedly "can't kick the booze", and still DOMINATES muhfuckas, hard to be mad at the kid. He's enjoying his last days of college. Let him live.

And why they putting POTY in quotes, without adding "two time" in front of it. Put some respek on it.
                Not 2 time yet. Him or Knecht this year. Trying to become a Raptor. FO list : Drug problem - check. Gambling problem - check. Drinking problem - who can we draft?
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

When I was his age I could put down 20 beers and run 5 miles the next day. I wasn't 300+ lbs either. I think this is a nothing burger. Kid should be able to celebrate with some coldies if he wants to.

Comment

• edey make sense if he is at our later first round pick if edey gets hype and is picked early so be it. but we are not going to reach and pick him top 6.

dalton reminds me of luka thats hard to pass on
                    and cody ….

i like sarr like everyone else and i think i idenified one more center that has potential.

there is about 3-4 potential future allstars and role players in this draft

Comment

Not 2 time yet. Him or Knecht this year. Trying to become a Raptor. FO list : Drug problem - check. Gambling problem - check. Drinking problem - who can we draft?
                      Boys will be boys.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        edey make sense if he is at our later first round pick if edey gets hype and is picked early so be it. but we are not going to reach and pick him top 6.

dalton reminds me of luka thats hard to pass on
                        and cody ….

i like sarr like everyone else and i think i idenified one more center that has potential.

there is about 3-4 potential future allstars and role players in this draft
                        Knecht reminds you of Luka? I like Knecht but he's nothing like Luka.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Knecht reminds you of Luka? I like Knecht but he's nothing like Luka.
                          i was trying to use a modern player best comp is chris mullan
                          Last edited by grindhouse; Thu Apr 4, 2024, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• i said i wouldnt but

scottie barnes
                            gradey dick
                            dalton knecht
                            kelly olynk
                            zach edey ( i really think while this is a good option with the above line up i would rather a rim running shot blocking center)

obegyi is a keeper off the bench
                            jontay porter if he survives the investigation
                            RJ i am good with keeping him but if we get dalton or cody he has to go to the bench. while he is better than gradey with the above line up he needs to come off the bench.

i am sorry to the fans of the IQ and crew they dont move me. if IQ played defense maybe i could forgive his weaknesses. gary trent has changed his game so for him as long as he is in the budget i am not reaching on his contract.

yak is a trade piece but he must be replaced before we move him cause we need a center with this many weak defenders.

if everything falls into place you sign defenders after that to fill weaknesses.

i said it some where before but the prototype is is theo ratliff if you can par that with a dominant center!

power forward is locked in as long as porter survives the investigation.
                            Last edited by grindhouse; Fri Apr 5, 2024, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Nope. Other than Barnes, we've only drafted top 10 once and took the highest floor player on the board. Delon was a high floor player, and he went 20th, which outside Scottie, Yak and Gradey is the highest the Raps have drafted in 10 years. Don't know how much skill floor you expect drafting 20th and beyond.
                              and i consider barnes low as a high SKILL floor player. Barnes has talent but he came in and still struggles to dribble. he was just bigger and stronger but also very high with his situational awareness or as others may put it offensive IQ. That is his secret weapon.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Masai has only had two top 10 picks. Either way if you did a redraft of every draft Masai was apart of as a Raptor, you will always find his picks were one of the top picks of that class. The only exceptions were with Flynn and Bruno. And we talked in the past about 2nd round failures. Every team misses on those, and multiple times. Any win in the 2nd round is a fluke. Yet he's had success there too with guys like Norm, Koloko and Harris. Dalano is excelling in Portland right now.

Either way why can't there be a Gradey Dick type of talent in this draft? There are guys in this draft that flash 3 level scoring.

And what do you mean by not drafting any type of skill? What skills? You have to be pretty specific here. Like shooting? Dribbling? Passing? Rebounding? I mean what do you mean by skills? It's rare to find the perfect athlete.. and when you do they usually go #1 overalll.

Ryan Dunn is an elite defensive wing in college. Is he more than that? Who knows.. but he has skills. A guy averaging 3.5 stocks a game as a wing has skills. But because of his offense being limited it means he could end up as a second rounder. And that's a decision teams will make during the draft. Teams need to figure out what skills need priority over others.. and which kids show promise so that they can learn other skills.

We asked OG to guard the best player on the other team as a rookie and he took that challenge and got better at it. That's part of development. And it doesn't matter if the team was better or not. He could have been stapled to the bench. But Dwayne had him out there guarding Lebron in the playoffs.

because there isn't Matas for example who is a consensus top 10 in this draft has some advantages with his height and switchability on defence but his shooting stroke took a dive this year ... shot 43% in high school vs sub 30% now in the g league on the ignite. His movements are nice but a bit stiff. Will he be solid? Yes I think so but not a potential #1 or 2 guy on a chip team. Gradey was a gatorade player of the year. it is given across all sports but only ONE person makes it for male and female. It is rare. Go look at the list and then you will see why. Like Lebron, Kobe, KAT, Dwight Howard, Kevin Love and a few others.
                                But a basketball player doesn't iwn it each and every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X