Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    This Sunday will really determine how close we need to pay attention to the draft. Will we be top 6 or not. Can we dangle that pick in a bigger trade? Is there a player that fits that will be in our range?
    And that pick being there or not also impacts pretty significantly the potential cap space scenarios we can play with (same goes for room under the tax if we choose to stay above the cap). Three days until some much needed clarity.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I honestly dont really buy the "weak draft class" thing. I honestly think its media driven based on no home run number 1 prospect. They arnt the guys doing the work to drive the lansing michigan in he middle of december. Even in a normal year all we hear about is the top 2 or 3 guys. Yea it would be a bad year to be the number 1 pick, but a top 6 is still really valueable. I would give it more credence if Dan Tolzman said it. You can't convince me a whole cohort of college. G league and international player isn't going to have really good to solid NBA talent. Ill take the top 6 this year and trust Tolzman to find a great running partner for Scottie
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

This Sunday will really determine how close we need to pay attention to the draft. Will we be top 6 or not. Can we dangle that pick in a bigger trade? Is there a player that fits that will be in our range?
        If you want to go all NBA conspiracy, then you'd predict that we give the Spurs the best possible pick (#7) to get Wemby more help.

Comment

• This is a horrible mock draft. If the Raps pass on Risacher then Masai should be fired.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            I honestly dont really buy the "weak draft class" thing. I honestly think its media driven based on no home run number 1 prospect. They arnt the guys doing the work to drive the lansing michigan in he middle of december. Even in a normal year all we hear about is the top 2 or 3 guys. Yea it would be a bad year to be the number 1 pick, but a top 6 is still really valueable. I would give it more credence if Dan Tolzman said it. You can't convince me a whole cohort of college. G league and international player isn't going to have really good to solid NBA talent. Ill take the top 6 this year and trust Tolzman to find a great running partner for Scottie
            Why would Tolzman every say he doesn't like this draft class, even if he doesn't?

Like playing poker and announcing your cards to the table as you get them.

We can definitely find a useful player to pair with Scottie, we're just not gonna get anyone on Scottie's level, and any other year in the top 6 we would likely be able to do that. That's the kick in the nuts part.

Masai may pull off a miracle and find a player like that, that will be the hope anyways if we keep the pick. We can speculate more after Sunday when we know where we will be picking in round 1. A top 6 pick is a nice trade piece so it would open up a lot of options on that front as well.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              This is a horrible mock draft. If the Raps pass on Risacher then Masai should be fired.

Yeah, Risacher at #6 is a no brainer. I mean his absolute floor is a big 3&D wing, which is a perfect fit with what we need.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If you want to go all NBA conspiracy, then you'd predict that we give the Spurs the best possible pick (#7) to get Wemby more help.
                The NBA wants to help big markets with massive fan bases, that's not San Antonio.

Not to mention San Antonio will already have a top 6 pick in this bad draft. If they want to help Wemby long term, they'd want Spurs to have two 2025 picks and our pick to not convey this year.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  This is a horrible mock draft. If the Raps pass on Risacher then Masai should be fired.

This exemplifies what a bad draft this is. A guy who is being talked about as most likely number 1 pick is going 10th in his mock draft. No one knows where to put these guys because they all have issues and would be late lotto picks most years.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The NBA wants to help big markets with massive fan bases, that's not San Antonio.

Not to mention San Antonio will already have a top 6 pick in this bad draft. If they want to help Wemby long term, they'd want Spurs to have two 2025 picks and our pick to not convey this year.
                    True about big markets... but the NBA is also into character & plot development. They are definitely promoting Wemby and having him winning 20-30 games a year would not be good for the storylines.

Comment

True about big markets... but the NBA is also into character & plot development. They are definitely promoting Wemby and having him winning 20-30 games a year would not be good for the storylines.
                      If they want San Antonio to contend in the future giving them another 2024 pick instead of an extra 2025 pick is not the way to do it.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If they want San Antonio to contend in the future giving them another 2024 pick instead of an extra 2025 pick is not the way to do it.
                        It depends on where you think the Raps finish next year. There's so much parity in the NBA that a fully healthy Raps squad could be back in the playoffs next year, and it wouldn't be shocker.

Comment

It depends on where you think the Raps finish next year. There's so much parity in the NBA that a fully healthy Raps squad could be back in the playoffs next year, and it wouldn't be shocker.
                          If I had to bet today I'd take our pick next year over number 7 this year.

Comment

I'm trying to think of what a bigger trade would be for the Raps. Not like we have a player on the trade block which other teams are after, right? That would have been something they could have done in the OG and Pascal trades.

I actually think there is a better chance of them moving up in the draft to secure a player they like than to trade the pick.

Comment

Not really a conspiracy theory, that's the statistically most likely outcome.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'm trying to think of what a bigger trade would be for the Raps. Not like we have a player on the trade block which other teams are after, right? That would have been something they could have done in the OG and Pascal trades.

I actually think there is a better chance of them moving up in the draft to secure a player they like than to trade the pick.

Last edited by golden; Thu May 9, 2024, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X