Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

A first and TWO seconds in 2023 and 2025....plus Khem Birch. It was NOT a cheap deal and there's a 1000% chance they re-sign him or Masai would look like a fool
    The two seconds were used to dump Khem. He still had like $6M owed to him next season. That would not have changed even if we didn't get Poeltl.

Comment

• 2nd round picks went like hot cakes at the trade deadline. Trading away 2 in the Poeltl didn't really matter.

Didn't Crowder get traded for like five 2nd rounders? Lol

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
        Hawks get: Pascal Siakam

Raptors get: Dejounte Murray, John Collins, Saddiq Bey, 2023 and 2024 first round picks

Solves many of the team's issues.

We will find out soon.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

We will find out soon.
          I think there has to be a 3rd team involved taking on John Collins. Great opportunity for a team with cap space to get Collins on the cheap.

Here's an example trade

Pascal and 28th pick to the Hawks
          Murray, Olynyk, 15th pick, and a 2025 1st to the Raptors
          Collins to the Jazz

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think there has to be a 3rd team involved taking on John Collins. Great opportunity for a team with cap space to get Collins on the cheap.

Here's an example trade

Pascal and 28th pick to the Hawks
            Murray, Olynyk, 15th pick, and a 2025 1st to the Raptors
            Collins to the Jazz
            No interest in Olynyk at all

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

No interest in Olynyk at all
              He's expiring salary filler my friend. Jazz need to send out around $10M to make that trade work.

So think of it as Murray, the 15th pick and a 2025 1st for Pascal.

Comment

He's expiring salary filler my friend. Jazz need to send out around $10M to make that trade work.

So think of it as Murray, the 15th pick and a 2025 1st for Pascal.
                I would hope we are getting more value than that.

I'd at least feel better about the deal if we at least got every pick in the deal, not sure why Atlanta is ending up with 28. But even then... really feels like the Raps are looking to trade Pascal for a blue chip prospect, not just another mid-round pick a single undefined future pick.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Atlanta rumour sounds best so far maybe keep collins and give them precious and get back a cpl seconds also or another 1st

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I would hope we are getting more value than that.

I'd at least feel better about the deal if we at least got every pick in the deal, not sure why Atlanta is ending up with 28. But even then... really feels like the Raps are looking to trade Pascal for a blue chip prospect, not just another mid-round pick a single undefined future pick.
                    Murray is the blue chip, not prospect but starting PG so we can say adios to Fred.

I'd rather have more picks too.

Atlanta is also willing to move Daniels who I think has more value than Collins and maybe that gets the extra picks needed.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                      Atlanta rumour sounds best so far maybe keep collins and give them precious and get back a cpl seconds also or another 1st
                      I do agree that if we trade with Atlanta, we should probably just keep Collins and Murray both. Clearly any deal with them will be more a keep-winning deal than a rebuild deal, which makes me question why we would do it at all, but not seeing why we would loop in the Jazz. If it's just the salary you throw Boucher or OPJ into the deal going to ATL and ask for even more draft capital.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Murray is the blue chip, not prospect but starting PG so we can say adios to Fred.

I'd rather have more picks too.

Atlanta is also willing to move Daniels who I think has more value than Collins and maybe that gets the extra picks needed.
                        Right. Murray's not a star, so not remotely comparable to a blue chip prospect in terms of the value return. Really doubt the Raps pull the trigger on a deal like that with limited prospect/picks coming in. Need some more futures.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Right. Murray's not a star, so not remotely comparable to a blue chip prospect in terms of the value return. Really doubt the Raps pull the trigger on a deal like that with limited prospect/picks coming in. Need some more futures.
                          Murray is what you hope a blue chip prospect turns into. He's an all star PG. So why not get the finished product where you don't have to hope they develop into an all star? He's already there.

Comment

Murray is what you hope a blue chip prospect turns into. He's an all star PG. So why not get the finished product where you don't have to hope they develop into an all star? He's already there.
                            If we want a finished product, we keep Pascal.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• murray also makes something like 20M less than pascal next year and presumably won't command 40M+ on his next contract like pascal will. not having to max pascal out under these new rules is almost as much of a consideration for me in any pascal deal as the impact on our lineup.

i know most think pascal is well worth a max but i'm skeptical until we see how this new CBA affects roster construction, particularly with raises due to scottie and OG, whom i'd like to keep

Comment

If we want a finished product, we keep Pascal.
                                Insanity= doing things over and over expecting a different result

Will keep sounding insane myself like this to every single one of you that are for running it back

Comment

Working...
                                X