Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

I still like the Magic comp.
    Woah, cowboy. If that’s where people are coming from on “Scottie is the future”, I guess I understand why you’d want to get rid of Pascal. But that’s an insane comp.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Boris Diaw style wise
      That’s more along the lines of what I’ve seen so far, with some upside. Which is totally great, but it’s not franchise player on a contender stuff.

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

That’s more along the lines of what I’ve seen so far, with some upside. Which is totally great, but it’s not franchise player on a contender stuff.
        Not bad for a 2 year old player.
        I mean no one projected a sophomore Giannis to be multi MVP.
        Jokic was fat and lazy.

Scottie's full potential can only be maximized if this team goes all in on him.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Not bad for a 2 year old player.
          I mean no one projected a sophomore Giannis to be multi MVP.
          Jokic was fat and lazy.

Scottie's full potential can only be maximized if this team goes all in on him.
          It is already a big leap for being labeled as trash right off the bat after Silver called his name.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Boris Diaw style wise
            A very rich man's Diaw is a good comp also

Comment

Pascal is 100% not the franchise player on a contender. That's been proven.

Scottie "could" be.

The Magic comp is play style. Scottie plays more like Magic than Kawhi, Jokic, or Giannis. Way more.

Keep in mind Scottie is not asking for a supermax. He will be getting like half what Pascal will. He is way younger. He is still getting better. Makes sense to rebuild around him and see what happens.

You can build around a poor man's Magic if that's all he is.

Comment

Again, though - he got lots of opportunity with the ball in his hands this year, often with Fred and Pascal on the bench so there were no barriers to him being the man. Did he show anything suggestive of him becoming a "franchise player" of the type you would build around (ie. tailor your roster so he gets more usage)?

I just doubt that, based on what we've seen so far, he has the talent to be the "best player on a contender" - those guys need to be able to score at a high level and do it in isolation when necessary. I agree that he can be a really, really good player, though - a great 2nd option. If he shows he can score in isolation, hit a long jumper with consistency, and continue facilitating they way he has, he's got a shot at being a #1 - but I don't know how you could predict that based on what we've seen so far. The scoring is the key to his future, same as it was when he was drafted and shooting was supposed to be his weak point.

And I think they can figure this stuff out without trading Pascal (and Fred, if he returns). Darko just has to implement a system that lets creative, sharing offense flourish, and then Scottie can really show his stuff, one way or the other.
                not sure i agree that he had a ton of those opportunities but to answer your question i would say that yes to me his best moments last year often came at the start of the 2nd and 4th quarters when he was frequently running the show (although nick was so inconsistent in his rotations that this wasn't always the case), and i saw enough flashes to think he's a player worth building around, including a some stretches he completely took over (and several in crunch time). jack correctly called out on numerous broadcasts that he looks most comfortable with the ball in his hands, which happened to be when pascal and/or fred were sitting.

as for scoring, i don't think the offense got him the ball very advantageous positions last year as was noted a million times by myself and others. i think he can score much more efficiently.

i agree with you that system has a lot to do with it but i still think trading pascal is critical. i just think it's impossible to maximize scottie's potential while having pascal at a usage that would justify a max contract, let alone the spacing issues that have been obvious since the second the jak trade went down.

Comment

• i also like the magic comp best, at least on offense, who is also the guy scottie spent a lot of time studying and trying to emulate his game so that makes sense. doesn't mean i think he'll be a top 5 to 7 player of all time

Comment

• Can we get this man on the trade block now please?

Comment

• If the logic is to see how Pascal and Scottie might fit long term before moving off Pascal, it makes sense to have them split time at the point full time this year. See if they can develop some sort of chemistry making plays for each other with OG and Gary on the wings.

Comment

• I think they have to either trade him this offseason or extend him this offseason. If he wants to wait until he's an unrestricted free agent you can't put yourself in this position again.

Kawhi
                        Danny Green
                        Ibaka
                        Gasol
                        Fred Van Vleet

All left for nothing. In isolation none of that looks bad. Fred was overpaid. We wanted Kawhi back and offered max. Ibaka and Gasol were way past their prime. But the cumulative effect of losing 7 players from the championship team with only Precious and Gary coming back hurts.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          I think they have to either trade him this offseason or extend him this offseason. If he wants to wait until he's an unrestricted free agent you can't put yourself in this position again.

Kawhi
                          Danny Green
                          Ibaka
                          Gasol
                          Fred Van Vleet

All left for nothing. In isolation none of that looks bad. Fred was overpaid. We wanted Kawhi back and offered max. Ibaka and Gasol were way past their prime. But the cumulative effect of losing 7 players from the championship team with only Precious and Gary coming back hurts.
                          Part of this is the price they paid for the chip. Ibaka and Gasol were not going to get you anything in trade, Kawhi and Danny were rentals for the chip run. But Fred is the first one that was potentially avoidable and hurts. Still, his loss is pretty limited compared to what OG or Pascal would be. Gotta be sure with those guys or might as well pivot now.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It might be worth exploring a trade, you don’t want to be in the position that you have to pay him the super max. I could see him making All-NBA this year.

portland would be the preferred spot.

Comment

• No one mentions okc, but pascal would look nice next to Shai. They have plenty of assets to help our rebuild. I know, I know, they don't need to rush with all the young talent, but they are close to being a very competitive team and adding an all nba level forward squarely in his prime to pair with an all nba level guard just entering his prime, seems like a no brainer to me. Plus they would still have some young talent left and draft picks as well to keep the pipeline stocked and have a few rookie scale contracts to fill out the roster. They will be faced with issues paying all that young talent over the next few seasons anyways and a consolidation trade might be necessary. Maybe it's a season early for that but I would be calling presti to see if he has any interest in pascal. It would be nice in a potential pascal trade if the assets coming back gave us a season or two of play to gauge their fit before contract negotiations start up.

Comment

• I like Siakim, sometimes he gets S&%^ on 2 much, his a really good player, however his not a franchise player..his a good number 2, Great Number 3 championship team.
                                So, now what, unfortunately u gotta move him, u cannot wait, u have 2 trade him
                                U can't allow 2 loose this asset for nothing.

From that 2019 champion team, we got a Total D&^$ of assets,lets b honest.
                                Masai is 2 loyal, gotta treat this like business, dude.
                                Kawli, Gasol, Ibaka, Vanvleet, Green,..Nothing

Lowry..we could got more, were still waiting for Achiuwa, will c

Norman for Gary Trent is a wash, however Trent has potential 2 b a starter, maybe now with different coach, no Fred, extention coming, he can be situated and relaxed of just playing the game, have fun.
                                I'm not fan of Trent, but he could mature, maybe we can c him more trustworthy with more players, be less selfish.

Draft....Scottie Barnes, that's it.

So, u gotta move him and start building with these young cats..Barnes, OG, Trent, Koloko, Achiuwa,...

Siakim is 29, gonna b 30...
                                Timeline is 2 win now...
                                Raptors with these player's aren't there yet, get those assets and start building with these young cats.
                                Time 2 move Siakim.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X