Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Raps will look into trades until training camp and continue to get low-balled, so we probably end up re-signing Pascal at the regular max and then try to trade him later.

Masai’s history shows that he is loathe to accept pennies on the dollar in trades. Conversely, he likes to win every trade. They’d rather take a shot at re-signing in FA and lose guys for nothing than have the perception that they got hustled in a trade.
    It comes down to how motivated/desperate the contending teams or the teams wishing to contend are, to making an all in move. Phoenix took care of business early by signing Beal. Miami looks like they they just need to outlast Portland before they can add Dame. Boston singed Kristaps and maybe feel like that is enough. GS added Paul. Clippers, Bucks, and Philly might be in the market for Pascal, but I don't think they can put together a decent offer.

That leaves the teams wanting to enter that tier of serious contenders or under pressure to make a move to keep their stars happy. Knicks, Cavs, Hawks, Grizz, Kings, and Mavs maybe are the teams that could provide an offer Raps would be interested in. Agree, if there isn't a team motivated enough to provide a serious offer then it's most likely we try and resign Pascal.

Comment

• I doubt Pascal wants regular max. He's going to try for All NBA and get super max. My impression is Pascal holds all the cards. There's no pressure for him to extend. He's 29. If he's not going to try for supermax he'll never get that chance.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• If we don't trade him this year. We are losing him for nothing.

Comment

• My feeling now, since nothing has happened yet; is that unless there is a deal that is tentatively set for after certain players could be traded, we are going to start the season with Pascal on his expiring deal. We will then look to trade him throughout the season. Hopefully before the deadline, as after that I don't see us getting any return.

I don't see us getting a kings ransom, but potentially a young team looking to get over the hump might be willing to give up more at the deadline than they are currently.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            If we don't trade him this year. We are losing him for nothing.
            You think? He'd be screwing over the Raps royally and burning a bridge considering the Raps can pay him more than anyone else to not take it. When Fred walked you could at least say he did what was best for him and his family taking the big offer from Houston. Pascal wouldn't be able to say that if he walks next summer.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
              My feeling now, since nothing has happened yet; is that unless there is a deal that is tentatively set for after certain players could be traded, we are going to start the season with Pascal on his expiring deal. We will then look to trade him throughout the season. Hopefully before the deadline, as after that I don't see us getting any return.

I don't see us getting a kings ransom, but potentially a young team looking to get over the hump might be willing to give up more at the deadline than they are currently.
              The good thing about possible returns on a Pascal trade is that more and more teams are heavily investing in analytics these days. Pascal is one of those guys that if you don't need him to be a number one option then he's probably at the top of the list in terms of players you add to your team if you're looking for impact beyond just scoring. He's a lot to handle against 1-on-1 coverage, but also plays defense, and can hit the open man.

He should be well sought after if Raps are looking to move him.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

You think? He'd be screwing over the Raps royally and burning a bridge considering the Raps can pay him more than anyone else to not take it. When Fred walked you could at least say he did what was best for him and his family taking the big offer from Houston. Pascal wouldn't be able to say that if he walks next summer.
                I don't think Masai wants to pay Pascal that kind of money. That's why they looking to trade him. And with supermax he becomes difficult to trade. God forbid he also starts talking about his "preferred locations" after signing supermax

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Raps will look into trades until training camp and continue to get low-balled, so we probably end up re-signing Pascal at the regular max and then try to trade him later.

Masai’s history shows that he is loathe to accept pennies on the dollar in trades. Conversely, he likes to win every trade. They’d rather take a shot at re-signing in FA and lose guys for nothing than have the perception that they got hustled in a trade.
                  Did we win the Thad trade?

How about the Poeltl trade?

Masai hasn't been winning trades for a while.

Comment

I doubt Pascal wants regular max. He's going to try for All NBA and get super max. My impression is Pascal holds all the cards. There's no pressure for him to extend. He's 29. If he's not going to try for supermax he'll never get that chance.
                    He can get a supermax sized deal after he's a 10 year veteran so he will get another chance. Once you're a 10 year vet you're eligible for 35 percent of the cap, no all nba needed.

All NBA is positionless now so zero chance Pascal gets it in my opinion.

If we want Pascal to be trade eligible at the deadline we need to extend him before September. Not sure the exact cutoff date but it's really early September so the 6 months no trade clause expires before the deadline.

Comment

I don't think Masai wants to pay Pascal that kind of money. That's why they looking to trade him. And with supermax he becomes difficult to trade. God forbid he also starts talking about his "preferred locations" after signing supermax
                      Hard to say because he's still a really productive player. This isn't like a Gilbert Arenas or John Wall moment where you're trying to trade an injured player with a huge contract, teams are still going to want one of the most productive players in the league no matter the cost. I think Raps probably have a lot of great offers for Pascal, but are either waiting until the young players they may want are trade eligible or are wrestling with the idea of a rebuild.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Hard to say because he's still a really productive player. This isn't like a Gilbert Arenas or John Wall moment where you're trying to trade an injured player with a huge contract, teams are still going to want one of the most productive players in the league no matter the cost. I think Raps probably have a lot of great offers for Pascal, but are either waiting until the young players they may want are trade eligible or are wrestling with the idea of a rebuild.
                        With new CBA it becomes hard to commit to a player like Pascal. Supermax who is at his best is second option and exiting his prime

Comment

• Ya I feel it's quite hard to compare the new CBA scenario to any previous trades. The game has changed. The Gobert trade is likely to be an anomaly, not the new rule.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He can get a supermax sized deal after he's a 10 year veteran so he will get another chance. Once you're a 10 year vet you're eligible for 35 percent of the cap, no all nba needed.

All NBA is positionless now so zero chance Pascal gets it in my opinion.

If we want Pascal to be trade eligible at the deadline we need to extend him before September. Not sure the exact cutoff date but it's really early September so the 6 months no trade clause expires before the deadline.
                            Not sure about zero chance. You also have to play at least 65 games to make it. 5 out of the 15 guys that made it last season would have been disqualified. Pascal is generally pretty healthy. So he should still be in the running despite them going positionless.

Comment

With new CBA it becomes hard to commit to a player like Pascal. Supermax who is at his best is second option and exiting his prime
                              It's only a problem if you go $20M over the tax. The Raptors never pay the tax, so it's not really a problem. I think the new CBA boogey man isn't going to be that big of a deal.

It only affects the biggest spenders like the Warriors, Clippers, and teams like the Heat, Suns, Bucks, Celtics who have big money spending seasons. But most of the teams in the NBA never cross the tax let alone that apron.

Comment

Maybe I think too highly of Pascal, but I think that adding a player like him to play alongside a great ball dominant player like Lillard or KD has more of an impact on winning than adding another superstar to play next to them. I'd take a KD/Pascal combo over KD/Booker even though Booker is the superstar, as an example.

Comment

Working...
                                X