Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Anyways I've been proven right. Kawhi-trade is not a model for team building that Raptors can use. So the whole keep your guys and then trade them for disgruntled star is out.

It's draft and finding diamonds in the rough in free agency.
    Was that a model they Raps were using? I'd say it was an opportunity they took once, but they also tried to land Giannis in FA. Historically, Raps have only ever landed on elite talent through the draft, agreed.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Was that a model they Raps were using? I'd say it was an opportunity they took once, but they also tried to land Giannis in FA. Historically, Raps have only ever landed on elite talent through the draft, agreed.
      Nah it was argument people were making against going draft route
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Anyways I've been proven right. Kawhi-trade is not a model for team building that Raptors can use. So the whole keep your guys and then trade them for disgruntled star is out.

Draft and develop is the KEY. This whole half ass bullshit isn't going to get them anywhere. They're just delaying the inevitable.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

mentally preparing myself for him leaving for nothing
          If we extend Pascal, what's to stop him from doing what Lillard is now and saying if you trade me I'll only go to this one team? He can still crush his trade value even after an extension. He's literally pulling the "I'll only play for one team" card right now, so no reason to doubt he would do it again.

Comment

Should we just swap Pascal for Harden?

Harden solves a lot of our offensive problems and fits this roster way better as our new starting PG.

Harden isn't Kawhi but he's better than the shit offers we've been getting for Pascal.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Draft and develop is the KEY. This whole half ass bullshit isn't going to get them anywhere. They're just delaying the inevitable.
              People have to remember Masai inherited Derozan, Ross, JV. Guys who Raptors acquired after years of suckage. Hope was that we were at 2014 Raptors stage but we are on 2011 Raptors stage. After Bosh left.

Comment

• Hard to predict where we can trade Pascal without knowing what his preferred list is.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If we extend Pascal, what's to stop him from doing what Lillard is now and saying if you trade me I'll only go to this one team? He can still crush his trade value even after an extension. He's literally pulling the "I'll only play for one team" card right now, so no reason to doubt he would do it again.
                  Hoping that conversation is already happening between management and Pascal's camp so they are working with him and his preferred destination(s). Just not making it public as other teams do.

Comment

People have to remember Masai inherited Derozan, Ross, JV. Guys who Raptors acquired after years of suckage. Hope was that we were at 2014 Raptors stage but we are on 2011 Raptors stage. After Bosh left.
                    Don't forget about Lowry. He's Colangelo's guy too.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Should we just swap Pascal for Harden?

Harden solves a lot of our offensive problems and fits this roster way better as our new starting PG.

Harden isn't Kawhi but he's better than the shit offers we've been getting for Pascal.
                      I don't hate it. Especially if you think Siakam leaves for nothing next summer. Harden is also a one year rental that can prove or cancel the thought that all Scottie needs around him is shooting with a handle.

I wonder if Drake has any pull in this situation. He doesn't do much, but maybe, just maybe in a situation like this; he could persuade Harden to play at least one season with the Raps.

Harden, Trent, OG, Scottie, Jak combo is not too shabby.
                      With Schroder, Dick, Porter, Precious, Boucher, and Koloko coming off the bench. I would be interested to watch that core play.

Comment

mentally preparing myself for him leaving for nothing
                        Yup...let's hold off for now, let's c what happens in beginning of August.
                        Masai is on a thin line, since 2019 his track record has been awful.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• https://sports.yahoo.com/top-trade-d...135337140.html

Some good and realistic breakdown of possible trade destinations for Siakam.

Pacers and Magic both look like good trade partners.

If Siakam would just back down on his no signing extensions elsewhere BS we could get a deal done.

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/top-trade-d...135337140.html

Some good and realistic breakdown of possible trade destinations for Siakam.

Pacers and Magic both look like good trade partners.

If Siakam would just back down on his no signing extensions elsewhere BS we could get a deal done.
                            It says Walker from the Pacers can't be traded AFTER july 31st?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

It says Walker from the Pacers can't be traded AFTER july 31st?
                              I think they mean until after the 31st.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

I think they mean until after the 31st.
                                Makes sense. I just saw this idea... https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...el-784538.html

And I tought about it also... could this be an option if the Blazers give up on trading Damian to Miami?

Comment

Working...
                                X