X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post

lol then i dont want him here

Comment

• OG hasn't been giving the same role as Ingram so its not the right comparison to make.

OG is better than Lonzo.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
        If you look at talent alone of course you deal Derozan for Khawi.

But you have to factor in that he's just a one year rental, one year to impress him and convince him to resign, and in my opinion nothing short of making the finals will achieve that.

You have to keep Demar, Lowry and Valanciunas in any deal for him for it to make sense, to have a chance at him resigning.

OG has to go, because he is young, he has potential, and spurs might want to develop him to be the next Kahwi, if he stays OG becomes expandable. OG plus any combination of young players and draft picks the spurs want is the way to go.

If we loose Kawhi, Demar Derozan and whoever else was included in the trade after next year. The raptors will have to enter the process which will be a tough pill to swallow for everyone from ownership to the fans.

He's a great player, but only has 1 year left before he bolts, he's not worth as much as he has talent.
        Kawhi can be the 2/3 and OG can be the 3/4 done simple as that. both in a line up would be nuts.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

OG is better than Lonzo.
          No he's not lol. It's not even close. Lonzo Ball averaged 11/7/7 as a ROOKIE. That is VERY good.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I want to be careful about spending significant assets on a player who has done what Kawhi appears to have done this year: sit out a significant stretch of healthy time when he could have been playing for his team, solely for his own personal gain.

At this point he is not only a flight risk but a potential locker-room chemistry risk to boot, as he would be the biggest name on the team in Derozan's absence and playing for a first-time coach who rightly or wrongly might be viewed as on the hot seat from the get-go. If we include OG (sf) and Siakim (pf) in a trade for Kawhi, we lose some of our ability to bench Kawhi during the regular season if Kawhi, with his uncle in his ear, starts causing problems for the team.

At this point, this is what I'd offer San Antonio, assuming the salary matching can be made to work:

* Derozan, Poeltl and a future second rounder. In this scenario, we can either resign Bebe in this instance or give Siakim minutes at the 5, and we can start OG and back him up with Powell and/or Miles if we need to bench him for a few games.
            * Ibaka, Powell, a future second rounder, a future first rounder, and possibly other sweeteners such as an additional second rounder or Malachi Richardson.

If there are better offers out there, let Kawhi go elsewhere. This is what works with our fit and our risk profile.

Kawhi to the Knicks? Have fun, Melo 2.0.

Kawhi to LA? Kawhi/Lebron/George superteam? Yawn. The odds and sods on rest of the roster are not going to be enough to get through Golden State. Lebron/Love/Kyrie still needed quality secondary pieces like Tristan Thompson and Matthew Dellavedova that fit in with what they were doing (as did Miami's Big three), and I don't see a deal going through which leaves LA with a team high-functioning enough to get out of the west.

Kawhi to Philly? Not as scary as LeBron to Philly (especially since Kawhi to Philly would require assets back), and has fit and chemistry questions as well.

Kawhi to Boston? Boston's not going to give up Kyrie, and SA's going to be really cautious about a Kawhi-Hayward based trade. A Horford trade is going to have immediate fit problems, especially if SA holds out for a good young player instead of draft picks. And anything else Boston could send out is going to require one or possibly even two of the youngsters that they really want to hold on to as their future core. I'm really not sure there is a deal to be made here which results in Boston getting better than they are going to be next year already.

I can't think offhand of any other destination which is likely and should be of particular concern us, but there might be one.

If you'll excuse me, it's time for me to hit the "post" button now and wait for you fine people to tell me how wrong I am. :-)

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
              Its not like the current team is constructed to win championships either. They can't keep running it with this sorry squad. The Raptors lack what a lot of teams lack - no superstar. You get the superstar and then you can always try to build around him. Role players is easy to acquire, superstars aren't.
              Problem is Kawhi is a free agent next season and already expressed his interest to go to LA. You trade OG, Siakam and DD and then Kawhi walks, you basically gave away 2 good young pieces and an all star for nothing.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                They always do. Same thing with Norm Powell last year when they thought they thought he was better than Buddy Hield. OG will be a good 3&D type player, but not someone who will become an allstar.
                2 yrs ago I remember someone here saying they wouldn't trade Powell for Devin Booker straight up lol.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• ^^^
                  Philly can potentially add Lebron and Kawhi. If they send out Fultz/Covington and say #10.

Trading for Kawhi may make Philly more attractive to a max free agent this summer.

Comment

• Ujiri should at least do due diligence and call the Spurs.

Kawhi and Rudy Gay

For

Derozan, OG and Pascal

Assurances from Kawhi to stay long term maybe a bit premature. However I have no doubt that Ujiri can extract some kind of an idea from the player and his agent with regards to their future plans.

If this does not work, a full rebuild is still in the offing in a year or so and a ton of cap space is their for the taking with the salaray vacated by Kawhi.

Bottomline, All of these current Raptors players are expendable, no one is untouchable moving forward.

Val
                    Gay
                    Kawhi
                    Powell
                    Lowry
                    Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sat Jun 16, 2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Celtics probably have the best package for Kawhi: Kyrie, Jaylen Brown + picks. Kyrie for Kawhi is good swap for Boston because Kyrie is in the exact same contract situation (expiring next year). Rozier replaces Kyrie as the starting PG. Basically you add Kawhi & Hayward to a team that almost made the ECF. That's pretty much a guaranteed finals team next year and a legit contender to win it all.

Comment

• If I’m the spurs I demand Tatum or I’m trading Kawhi elsewhere. Tatum and a larger contract,.... horford or Gordon.

Comment

• I’m not trading a top five player for a future role player (Jaylen Brown) and Irving, who could leave.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            ^^^
                            Philly can potentially add Lebron and Kawhi. If they send out Fultz/Covington and say #10.

Trading for Kawhi may make Philly more attractive to a max free agent this summer.
                            The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Ujiri should at least do due diligence and call the Spurs.

Kawhi and Rudy Gay

For

Derozan, OG and Pascal

Assurances from Kawhi to stay long term maybe a bit premature. However I have no doubt that Ujiri can extract some kind of an idea from the player and his agent with regards to their future plans.

If this does not work, a full rebuild is still in the offing in a year or so and a ton of cap space is their for the taking with the salaray vacated by Kawhi.

Bottomline, All of these current Raptors players are expendable, no one is untouchable moving forward.

Val
                            Gay
                            Kawhi
                            Powell
                            Lowry
                            golden wrote: View Post
                            Celtics probably have the best package for Kawhi: Kyrie, Jaylen Brown + picks. Kyrie for Kawhi is good swap for Boston because Kyrie is in the exact same contract situation (expiring next year). Rozier replaces Kyrie as the starting PG. Basically you add Kawhi & Hayward to a team that almost made the ECF. That's pretty much a guaranteed finals team next year and a legit contender to win it all.
                            IMO Boston and Toronto have very similar package for the Spurs to pounce on.

OG and Pascal or Jalen Brown are kind of players that Pop would want.

However Derozan or Kyrie are borderline, moreso Derozan. Bad habits are hard to break. It needs a Pop to reverse that I guess.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Celtics probably have the best package for Kawhi: Kyrie, Jaylen Brown + picks. Kyrie for Kawhi is good swap for Boston because Kyrie is in the exact same contract situation (expiring next year). Rozier replaces Kyrie as the starting PG. Basically you add Kawhi & Hayward to a team that almost made the ECF. That's pretty much a guaranteed finals team next year and a legit contender to win it all.
                              True, but that said, you're also losing Jaylen Brown who was a key piece in the ECF run, and you're adding two players that, albeit excellent, haven't played ball in over a year (Kawhi and Hayward), while also losing picks to make it work. Rozier next summer will also get a big contract if he's their starting Point guard, and they'd have to find a way to pay Horford, Hayward, Leonard (if he stays) and Rozier.

But yeah, if they can make it work and Kawhi & Hayward come back as their former selves, and more importantly Kawhi stays for the long run, that's a heck of a team.

Edit: Forgot Marcus Smart, his a RFA this summer. Boston wouldn't have made it to the ECF without him. There will probably be teams interested in him and Boston will have to match offers to keep him (ie. he will get paid to next year)
                              Last edited by inthepaint; Sat Jun 16, 2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• People should first look at the Spurs perspective not the other way around.

Spurs will try to get the most out of this deal eventhough they no longer have leverage following Kawhi’s admission that he wanted out.

Any team getting Kawhi can be a legit contender, its a no brainer.

Comment

Working...
                                X