This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I don't think Norm enters into the equation either way. I also don't think a JV-centric offer can be assumed to be the same prospect cost as a DD-centric one. I wouldn't trade OG along with DD. While with JV, clearly there would be a significant prospect cost, probably including OG. Certainly, if you send OG, you try to keep Wright, who would be the guy at the 2 in Powell's place in that scenario where both DD and OG are outgoing.

They don't HAVE to get rid of DD. That doesn't mean people can't think the team is better if they do.
    The team will be better if they trade Derozan because they will have to trade less. You give up JV + OG and whoever else, you’re gutting the team’s rebounding.

You give up Derozan + Poeltl, you’re replacing a 20-25 ppg scorer with another 20-25 ppg scorer who also plays exceptional defense, and a back up C who can be easily replaced. Plus a Kawhi/OG tandem will be a beautiful thing on defense.

Comment

• DeMar is not even remotely close to being Wade. Poor man's Wade is giving him too much credit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        There were big questions about their rebounding in particular, which were definitely proven wrong.

That said, the concerns with DeMar and Kawhi are really just concerns with DeMar's fit as an off-ball option. And we've got plenty of evidence of how that works.
        As that was proven wrong, so could the fit of Kawahi and DeMar together. I get it, on paper it doesn't look good, but all you need is someone to figure out how to make it work. DeMar has proven he's pretty damn good against secondary defenders. If you can defend the perimeter and make it a game of two's then we have an edge perhaps?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          DeMar is not even remotely close to being Wade. Poor man's Wade is giving him too much credit.

2nd team all NBA, probably on the outskirts of the top 10 MVP voting this year, can score 27 per pretty efficiently. If he's not even "remotely close" to "poor mans" 30+ year old version of Dwyane Wade, then bah god that 59 wins was a magical performance by Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet and Jakob Poeltl only. Stupid Derozan getting in their way.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It seems like to me there's a few people here where I can't decide if they're more excited about the prospects of Kawhi coming in, or that it seems like the closest we've ever come to shipping Demar out.

Again, my preferred trade is probably centered around Demar. But IF kawhi came, I suspect Masai made a good trade and didn't gut the team. Therefore I'd be excited to see what this supposed genius Nick Nurse could do with Kawhi plus any lineup, Demar included. (Only move I'd HATE to see is Lowry out, but I see that being least likely as it stands anyways)
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yeah, Nurse is supposedly an outside the box thinker so wouldn't you rather give him a shot with more talented pieces to figure something out? Plus, when DeMar is not the first option on offence I think he pays more attention to his defence or lack there of.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                2nd team all NBA, probably on the outskirts of the top 10 MVP voting this year, can score 27 per pretty efficiently. If he's not even "remotely close" to "poor mans" 30+ year old version of Dwyane Wade, then bah god that 59 wins was a magical performance by Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet and Jakob Poeltl only. Stupid Derozan getting in their way.
                Seriously man? DeMar is at best a shorter/smaller Anthony. Or Joe Johnson with worse shooting and defence.

Wade was taking a backseat to LeBron and his physical deterioration had already started. He was much higher IQ player than DeMar as well, so it was easier for him to figure out how to adjust his game.

Comment

• For the "Trade Lowry instead of DeMar" crowd.

This is from the series that the Raptors won.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

It seems like to me there's a few people here where I can't decide if they're more excited about the prospects of Kawhi coming in, or that it seems like the closest we've ever come to shipping Demar out.

Again, my preferred trade is probably centered around Demar. But IF kawhi came, I suspect Masai made a good trade and didn't gut the team. Therefore I'd be excited to see what this supposed genius Nick Nurse could do with Kawhi plus any lineup, Demar included. (Only move I'd HATE to see is Lowry out, but I see that being least likely as it stands anyways)
                    There's a lot of people here who just wants to see DeRozan traded lol.

2nd team all NBA, averaged 27ppg 2 seasons ago(without a 3point shot), only 22ppg last season, he could've averaged 27ppg again if he wanted to. Led the team to a 59 win season.

But sure... saying he's a poor man's Wade is giving him too much credit. SMFH. Just pure idiotic.

My only issue with DD is his play in the playoffs. That's it. But he's a damn good player.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      DeMar will always be a 1st option. He simply has no game outside of that.

He has no value defensively, he has no value without the ball in his hands. In order to justify DeMar's contract, he has to be the 1st option.

It's Kawhi and Lowry would would be the 2 and 3 for DeMar.
                      I mean this is just not true. You can't just say something that's not true and state it as a fact.

Comment

It seems like to me there's a few people here where I can't decide if they're more excited about the prospects of Kawhi coming in, or that it seems like the closest we've ever come to shipping Demar out.

Wow that is so dead on lol. Great bit there.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          I mean this is just not true. You can't just say something that's not true and state it as a fact.
                          It's absolutely true. What does DeMar bring to the table as a player?

He's a great scorer, and a good passer, off of space that he creates off the dribble. He's not a good catch and shoot player, he's not a good defensive player.

That's where his value is. When he's on the floor, you run the offense through him, or you'd be better off having another player on the floor.

Comment

• Hell.. if the Spurs want JV for Kawhi instead of DD, I'll pack his bags for him. Whether it is JV, DD or Lowry to me it doesn't really matter.. Kawhi is a generational talent. And if we lose one of our core for nothing (like say he walks as expected) than we have to start our rebuild anyway.

JV could beast under Nurse.. I really see it happening.. but no player other than DeMar could possibly convince Kawhi to stick around. Just the fact that he's from LA and still wants to be in Toronto could be big for a guy like Kawhi that may need to hear (or see that).

DeMar could be our Westbrook.

On the court you can figure it out with DD and KL squared... we'll have a really hard time rebounding the damn ball though. Serge/Siakam/Poeltl are all just okay at rebounding. OG is terrible. Kawhi is okay.. but it's not like a specialty or anything. At his peak he had an TRB% of 13.

If we get Gasol in the package deal it would help a little I guess... but playing Gasol has its own issues now that he's 38 years old.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              It's absolutely true. What does DeMar bring to the table as a player?

He's a great scorer, and a good passer, off of space that he creates off the dribble. He's not a good catch and shoot player, he's not a good defensive player.

That's where his value is. When he's on the floor, you run the offense through him, or you'd be better off having another player on the floor.
                              "What does DeMar bring to the table"

LOL is this guy for real?

DeRozan is a damn good player. He's one of the elite scorers in the game. Not a lot of players can do what he can do.

Barolt is probably one of those dudes who thinks Middleton is better than DD because Middleton can shoot 3 and defend lol.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                "What does DeMar bring to the table"

LOL is this guy for real?

DeRozan is a damn good player. He's one of the elite scorers in the game. Not a lot of players can do what he can do.

Barolt is probably one of those dudes who thinks Middleton is better than DD because Middleton can shoot 3 and defend lol.
                                "He's one of the elite scorers in the game". Exactly. With the ball in his hands. He's not that without it.(also, he can be gameplanned around as an offensive force, as Cleveland did in the playoffs)

That's my original point. He needs the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X