Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

wow man...come the fuck on

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Guys we are not sacrificing youth and future for Beal. Beal is 25 and under contract for two more years. He's younger than Delon Wright. Same age as Norm. He would become our future [Pause]
    Yeah, I don't get the "gutting our youth" angst. I was never a huge fan of his, but Beal is a significant upgrade over any of our young guys (except Pascal), and he's still very young himself. Whenever you can get a clear talent upgrade, you do it. Especially under contract. Trading for Beal is something that's been talked about for weeks/months around here, but I suppose it sounds reactionary because of the horrific L we took last night.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Once upon a time, the Raptors had a cocky prick that challenged his coach and almost got traded. Masai straightened him out.
    A.I wrote: View Post
    He wants to win and be the main guy doing it. He needs to choose one or the other.
    This. Lowry is abrasive but that's the biggest difference. He understands his role and his no problem being the 2nd 3rd or 5th leading scorer

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Wonder who the sacrificial lamb will be for making that game thread.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    If Philly is willing to give him up, I'd still trade for him.

CJ+Norm for Jimmy

It's too bad BC isn't there anymore.. he'd throw in a first rounder too.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Butler is nuking each teams chemistry faster and faster at every stop he makes. He is the definition of tool. He wants to be one part MJ one part Kobe but he's just a cocky prick that is a top 25 player. Doesn't fly with millennials and Generation Y
    He wants to win and be the main guy doing it. He needs to choose one or the other.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Butler is nuking each teams chemistry faster and faster at every stop he makes. He is the definition of tool. He wants to be one part MJ one part Kobe but he's just a cocky prick that is a top 25 player. Doesn't fly with millennials and Generation Y
    Once upon a time, the Raptors had a cocky prick that challenged his coach and almost got traded. Masai straightened him out.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Kumbaya Keon Kumbaya

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

nah I'm glad Raps didn't go for Butler. We already have Lowry to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Guys we are not sacrificing youth and future for Beal. Beal is 25 and under contract for two more years. He's younger than Delon Wright. Same age as Norm. He would become our future [Pause]

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

nah I'm glad Raps didn't go for Butler. We already have Lowry to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Beal's not happening. That would gut our current youth and future draft picks. An even bigger risk to take assuming Kawhi bolts at the end of the season.
    What's with this whole "gut our youth" narrative. Who exactly is this untouchable youth we're talking about here? They are decent role players, but they're all medium ceiling type guys, except maybe Pascal. Funny thing is Nurse's 'do your thing' approach is unintentionally exposing the true talent/skill level of our current roster.

The only real issue would be losing the draft picks if you're really hurting for a really quick rebuild. But still, you have to assume worst case that Kawhi is gone (i.e. family) and Lowry/Ibaka are traded right after that, so you can already get a few picks back. You could also still flip Beal for a 1st round pick and recover at least 1 pick back. The only young piece worth keeping long-term on this team is Siakam, IMO. Wright, FVV, OG, Powell, even Siakam were all late 1st rounders and lower, lest we forget.

So, if OG, Norm, FVV + Miles could get us Beal+Sato, for example..... that's a no-brainer, IMO.

We probably have Kawhi for only this year and Lowry hates Masai, so he's gone too and is breaking down anyway. So, if it ultimately costs us one 1st rounder and 2 extra years to re-build, so be it. I rather blow our wad now and take advantage of the opportunity we have this year, right now, rather than have blue balls because we were expecting OG turned into Kawhi-lite.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Your avatar is pointing right at the tweet and it's hilariously depressingly accurate

Leave a comment:

Working...
X