#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    That's precisely the point. The trade market for un-restricted expirings IS usually crappy. And MU is a guy who typically fleeces other GMs in trades.

However, Masai did actually get a nice haul for Melo, when he created a bidding war between two desperate loser teams (Knicks and Nets). There were rumors Donnie Walsh wanted to wait to the off-season, but Dolan made him cough up a pretty good haul to Masai. But then, Melo is/was a tier above DD, especially back then.
    Think Melo forced the trade as a gift to the Nuggets like Bosh sent back some crap when he signed with the heat

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Think Melo forced the trade as a gift to the Nuggets like Bosh sent back some crap when he signed with the heat
      True. Melo was up front and worked with Masai, giving him lots of advance notice for Masai to create a market. BC contends that Bosh strung him along, leading him to believe the Raps had a great shot at retaining him. Bosh says otherwise, and I tend to believe Bosh. The season right after that, learning from the Bosh/Lebron situations, Utah Jazz didn't mess around with D-Will being non-committal and got a decent deal from the Nets (Derrick Favors, I think).

All this DD trade talk is probably moot, since not even hearing a single DD trade rumor points to DD being re-signed, unless this season goes badly off the rails.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        Dd for mirotic first.

Front court of mirotic\carroll/jv.......shutter.....just awesome

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
        There are a lot of Bulls fans on Reddit who are disappointed with his play this season and his low BB IQ.

I like Mirotic, but, he's starting to look like a risky play.

Comment

• Mirotic whether he is still a risky player or not is still just a mediocre move. We can do better

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            It's not really about de-valuing DD, it's the narrow time window you have to get value for him right now. Teams may want him, but can wait until the off-season, so that shrinks the market; i.e., why pay now for what you can get for free later?

If you really think DD has high trade value right now, why don't you give us an example of a deal that would make sense for both teams?
            Quickly without thinking too much. DD to Milwaukee for Henson and Mayo. Henson could be our PF of the future. Excellent defender and rebounder with an efficient game close to the basket, and way under utilized in Milwaukee due to Parker. Mayo makes the salary work and Derozan is a much better replacement for him. Something along those lines. Randle is not a player I want at all.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Quickly without thinking too much. DD to Milwaukee for Henson and Mayo. Henson could be our PF of the future. Excellent defender and rebounder with an efficient game close to the basket, and way under utilized in Milwaukee due to Parker. Mayo makes the salary work and Derozan is a much better replacement for him. Something along those lines. Randle is not a player I want at all.
              I like Henson too but his situation is not dissimilar to TR re getting big money for a reserve.

When give a larger role what will happen?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Thought:

Raptors as constructed and coached suck nuts. No two ways about it

Overbuy on someone who is seriously talented like Russell. Im talking Lowry+DD+2 firsts+a second+take some bad salary

CoJo-Russell-Carroll wing combo for the forseable future? Yes please
                This…… is a terrible idea.

Comment

• Still want him gone

Comment

• One thing that doesn't get mentioned too much about DC coached teams is how poorly they seem to be prepared for a game

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      One thing that doesn't get mentioned too much about DC coached teams is how poorly they seem to be prepared for a game
                      You're posting this the night they throw up 63 in the first half and 33 in the first quarter? With a new starting lineup? Ok.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        You're posting this the night they throw up 63 in the first half and 33 in the first quarter? With a new starting lineup? Ok.
                        DC going nuts on PP helped. At this point Pierce should not be starting or playing SF

Comment

Well there was a whole bunch of posts pertaining to Casey's poor in-game management, and just wanted to mention that his preparation is generally bad too

We have seen multiple low-scoring first quarters

Comment

I think most see this as a random outlier, rather than an indication that Casey has made a breakthrough.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I think most see this as a random outlier, rather than an indication that Casey has made a breakthrough.
                              Considering they followed up with an 8 point 3rd Q, that seems a reasonable assumption on your part.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Not bad, Prime, but still I don't see the Bucks doing that. Very unlikely that Bucks will part with Henson though, as he's their best interior defensive player and he's signed to a nice long-term contract. Even though Greg Monroe is putting up great numbers, like he always does, somehow it seems like he effed up their team chemistry - could see him being moved down the road. Mayo comes from the USC Kobe-lite school of guards, like DD and Nick Young. Casey would absolutely love Mayo, though, and it seems like he's fallen on hard times cracking an NBA rotation.

But again, if DD walks after his contract expires, then what do the Bucks have to show for it? Your lose Henson, a young mobile rim-protecting big-man on a value contract for 5 months of rent-a-Derozan? The Bucks made the playoffs last season, so that's probably not a big deal just getting there with DD. And who comes out of the Bucks starting lineup (Giannis, Middleton or Jabari) to accomodate DD?
                                Last edited by golden; Mon Nov 23, 2015, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X