Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

The problem is when you start to tamper with a guy like PG, who is under contract for 2 more years. There's a time window when the players are empowered, which is free agency and the year heading up to it. That makes contractual agreements worthless, because an unhappy superstar usually ends up creating a toxic environment for the whole team. Kawhi is the exception, because somehow he's able to block out his emotions and still perform at the highest of levels.
    If Presti didn't like the package, he wouldn't have made the deal. Thunder got a great haul.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Really not quite seeing how this Clips team is a true contender, I guess they’re still due a couple ring chasers and a high level waiver wire guy.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Ok get mad & keep going in circles.

Life will go on.
        Not mad... just disappointed... and yes life will go on indeed. It is just a game isn't it.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

That's called being a professional.

He did nothing wrong, he made no promises, he never sulked about being here against his wishes, he played hard, payed injured and delivered us a title. For the first time he gets to control his own career and he followed through with what most suspected from the start. He went home. He didn't go to New York, he didn't go to Miami, or OKC. He went home.

He's going to have a tonne of pressure on him to win after leaving a championship team behind. That Clippers team isn't as deep as Toronto either so when he sits for load management you can bet they are going to be dropping seeding. Also, I dunno what type of guy George is, but will he start bitching when Kawhi sits 20 games and he's getting banged and bruised up? Lots of pressure for Kawhi to deliver
          Yeah this might not end as glorious.

Grass is always greener. You can only look back after your career is over like T-mac did and wonder what could have been if I stayed?!

By the way can we get it out of the way that Kawhi is an introvert with social anxiety & probably suffers from Agoraphobia too which is why even in college he wanted to play close to home even though there were better opportunities elsewhere?! Kawhi is a smart guy but on the other hand has some issues that made him who he is today.

Probably should join Demar & K Love in mental awarness month.

Comment

Even more so because the entire team became straight up scared to shoot during the Philly series. Kawhi knew then and there that he needed a 2nd star. That’s the second most important takeaway from this - Kawhi didn’t believe in this roster and his teammates. Slap in the face. I hope that gives them a chip on their shoulders.
            But if you wanted a REAL shot at repeating and not need as much good fortune/rim bounces and sick/ill opponents stars, he was right. Even with Kawhi returning, I think they had to make a few changes and said so before he left.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

My buddy at MLSE just responded to a note and said there are a lot of hard feelings there. Apparently, it became clear Thursday that the Raps were out but they were handcuffed anyway. Raps guys told him that the players are pissed.
              Slaw, you should start freelancing for Postmedia
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Really not quite seeing how this Clips team is a true contender, I guess they’re still due a couple ring chasers and a high level waiver wire guy.
                They're a contender, but there are a lot of contenders out West as rosters currently stand

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Really not quite seeing how this Clips team is a true contender, I guess they’re still due a couple ring chasers and a high level waiver wire guy.
                  They gave Golden State a run for their money, a full force Golden State, not the team the Raptors barely beat. Now they have Kawhi. I think you're underestimating the Clippers a tad bit. They're a contender. It's legit.

Comment

• No more summer league for Zion.
                    Bust.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

Slaw, you should start freelancing for Postmedia
                      I guess my guy was right when he said they thought they were out as of Thursday. Wish he would have told me that then so I didn’t spend yesterday online all day following this garbage.

Comment

The problem is when you start to tamper with a guy like PG, who is under contract for 2 more years. There's a time window when the players are empowered, which is free agency and the year heading up to it. That makes contractual agreements worthless, because an unhappy superstar usually ends up creating a toxic environment for the whole team. Kawhi is the exception, because somehow he's able to block out his emotions and still perform at the highest of levels.
                        Has someone ever reached out to you for a job opportunity while you were still under contract somewhere else?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

But if you wanted a REAL shot at repeating and not need as much good fortune/rim bounces and sick/ill opponents stars, he was right. Even with Kawhi returning, I think they had to make a few changes and said so before he left.
                          A little slack there on the good fortune in winning the title...
                          They beat the team with the best record, the third best record and the seventh best record on the way to podium. Thats pretty damn good.

Enjoy the championship and all the really good stuff that went with it along the way. It was the best 6 year ride in Raptors history.
                          Some guys with their noses pressed up against the glass on the outside of the party will try to throw some shade on it.. but thats just small and petty. They won. They won 3 of the 4 games in the Finals on the road. Its hard to win in the NBA.. but to take 3 on the road against the 3rd best team in the league is impressive.

Next year the rebuild or retool will be here soon enough... I wonder how many drop off the bandwagon ?
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Kawhi wanted a long term contract because of injury history, he also wanted to be closer to home. If he really wanted to be home, then why would he sign a long term contract with us? By the sounds of it he kept the Raps in loop and gave them an option to trade for PG. Masai made the decision for the franchise that is was too steep a price to pay. Done and Done. It sucks, but that's free agency. I don't think this cuts the same way Bosh, Carter, or T-Mac does.

He helped deliver a championship to a team that he didn't want to be traded too. What more can we ask for.

I hope he never wins another championship. I'm a Raptors fan through and through, Masai will get us back to the promised land!

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

Has someone ever reached out to you for a job opportunity while you were still under contract somewhere else?
                              In one of the rare occassions ... I am with you on this tack 100%.
                              It sucks when its your guy leaving but all in all it makes the league what it is....
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• ENJOY THE CHAMPIONSHIP! I'm over the #Kawhiwatch.

OG and Siakam will be fun to watch, and Masai will deliver!

Comment

Working...
                                X