X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Definitely, not for Ross. I'd much rather have OG between those two, but keep in mind the Spurs really wanted OG in that trade for Kawhi so he's a player teams covet. Prozingis hasn't fit in particularly well in Dallas and they will need better defenders around Luka moving forward. Maybe if they think they can take the LA teams this year they would be interested in Marc and OG?
    I wasn't talking about trading for Ross.. just used him as an example of what we gave up to get Serge. OG just doesn't make as much as Ross used to, which is why using him as a trade chip is difficult.

Porzingis signed an extension.. like Siakam did. I don't think he can be traded this year. But yeah if he was available, I'd make that deal.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Are you thinking like a Ross for Ibaka type of trade but using OG instead? The issue is OG makes next to nothing since he's on rookie scale contract. In order to make any kind of tangible trade you need to add contracts. It would be an OG+Norm or OG+Serge type of trade and then you are hoping to get more of a star back then a good role player.

Ross signed a new contract with us and so was an easier contract to trade.. and that's how we were able to get Serge. Tucker's contract was pretty cheap so it only cost us 2 second rounders (and Jared Sulinger's expiring).

OG is not untradeable but because he doesn't make much, he'd be a prime asset to add to get a star type of player. There just aren't many stars asking to be traded like last year.
    Definitely, not for Ross. I'd much rather have OG between those two, but keep in mind the Spurs really wanted OG in that trade for Kawhi so he's a player teams covet. Prozingis hasn't fit in particularly well in Dallas and they will need better defenders around Luka moving forward. Maybe if they think they can take the LA teams this year they would be interested in Marc and OG?

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Are you thinking like a Ross for Ibaka type of trade but using OG instead? The issue is OG makes next to nothing since he's on rookie scale contract. In order to make any kind of tangible trade you need to add contracts. It would be an OG+Norm or OG+Serge type of trade and then you are hoping to get more of a star back then a good role player.

Ross signed a new contract with us and so was an easier contract to trade.. and that's how we were able to get Serge. Tucker's contract was pretty cheap so it only cost us 2 second rounders (and Jared Sulinger's expiring).

OG is not untradeable but because he doesn't make much, he'd be a prime asset to add to get a star type of player. There just aren't many stars asking to be traded like last year.
    Yeah, Norm is pretty clearly this year's Ross, in terms of a tradeable mid-level salary if they need to salary match (Ibaka helps too but he's not the young piece with a little term that Ross was). Which says a lot about how well he's been playing.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    What if Masai surprises everyone and instead of trading for one player maybe he trades for two? Similar to the Ibaka and Tucker year. If he really wants to make another run I wonder if OG might be made available in trades? His offense has been pretty unreliable this season with one good game then he's MIA on that end. Still really early but wonder if he's going to have a MKG type of career? Just to clarify I still think OG has a lot of potential worth holding onto, but if he can get you a piece to make another deep playoff run with then does Masai go for it?
    I'm open to trading OG for a bonafide star, and not even remotely open to trading OG for anything else.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    What if Masai surprises everyone and instead of trading for one player maybe he trades for two? Similar to the Ibaka and Tucker year. If he really wants to make another run I wonder if OG might be made available in trades? His offense has been pretty unreliable this season with one good game then he's MIA on that end. Still really early but wonder if he's going to have a MKG type of career? Just to clarify I still think OG has a lot of potential worth holding onto, but if he can get you a piece to make another deep playoff run with then does Masai go for it?

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I'm still believing in my fake Capela/Tucker for Ibaka/filler/pick trade.

Helps save Houston money, but still get a guy that their stars would love to play with again. We get two guys who can play defense and grab boards. One who just recently played with us.

Leave a comment:

• dylan123
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    I just think Masai and his crew have come up with some unexpected (who predicted the Gasol trade) move that will improve the team by eliminating a weakness. Rebounding seems to me to be the area that needs the most improvement. I don't know enough about the available players and the possible mechanics of the trade rules to even speculate. But rebounding, particularly giving up offensive rebounds, seems an area of weakness that needs to be addressed.
    The other issue here is that by sticking with Gasol (as I think we all agree we should) that it makes it hard to bring in someone that gets those boards with the rest of the team. Can't really be a C with Gasol, probably more looking at a SF that gets boards like Kawhi was doing. I suppose you could potentially look at a stronger rebounding PF and move Siakam to SF. That likely means you're putting Ibaka on the table, you'd want to get a pretty decent rebounder to make up for the defensive plays we get from Ibaka along with the games where he can put up 15-20 and is like our only PnR.

I agree we need more rebounding power however I don't see how we do it with trades. Is it maybe looking at RHJ as a starter over OG given the other 4 starters can all hit a 3 for spacing and have him put more attention on his defensive rebounds like he's able to do with his offensive second chance boards?

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    I don't like how Buddy plays no defense, dude is 111th of 122 shooting guards in DRPM. His attitude is really garbage too, at least according to Kings fans.

I hope we make some under the radar move. Masai is a magician when it comes to stealing away talent.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Buddy Hield went 9/14 from 3 with 42 points tonight. ... Maybe we can package McCaw, SJ and a 3rd round pick for him?

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I just think Masai and his crew have come up with some unexpected (who predicted the Gasol trade) move that will improve the team by eliminating a weakness. Rebounding seems to me to be the area that needs the most improvement. I don't know enough about the available players and the possible mechanics of the trade rules to even speculate. But rebounding, particularly giving up offensive rebounds, seems an area of weakness that needs to be addressed.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    The major concern with Millsap right now is that he's been battling a knee injury for over a month now and hasn't played in almost 3 weeks. "Knee contusion/sprain" can mean a lot of things but he's already had on aborted comeback and the deadline is coming up. Assuming he can get on the court, he can't play the back-up 5, so they'll need to find a legit replacement there as golden notes.
    Honestly, at this point, I'm just spit-balling trade ideas for the sake of doing something. Channeling my inner Bryan Colangelo.

Either way, I'm fine with "dancing with the one's that brung ya" and trust that championship DNA will kick in at the right time. Ibaka is coasting on & off until the playoffs anyway, so hopefully he's got that extra gear when the real games start.

Leave a comment:

replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Run it back.
    I don't think we're going to make literally any move, and I'm fine with it

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    Run it back.
    Ya unless something crazy, like the Pacers felt like they just needed a big (which they don't) to get over the hump, and were willing to part with Oladipo because of how good they were doing currently, then ya go for it. If not, Im good staying with our current roster.

The big issue is the 2021 cap space. You might be able to pry Heild from the Kings but he just signed an extension and I don't even know if he could be traded.

A young wing that would be around the same age as Paskal would be ideal. But I don't see many that fit the bill, that are a. on the market, b. work with our cap space in 2021.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    Run it back.
    this is how i feel. none of the (semi-realistic) trades being bandied about here excite me. i love our team and want to run with it unless there's a clear no-brainer upgrade.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X