Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    I wish you could trade OG for Beal lol
    Depending on the teams involved (they would have different needs), an outgoing package involving Lowry & OG (to maybe different teams in a trade) should be able to net beal here, particularly if he's disgruntled in Washington. We don't want to undervalue our guys (these are 2 outstanding champions, and the return better be outstanding if they go), but we can't overvalue them either, especially Lowry, who may not be able see a contending window with the Raptors in what's left of his career.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Depending on the teams involved (they would have different needs), an outgoing package involving Lowry & OG (to maybe different teams in a trade) should be able to net beal here, particularly if he's disgruntled in Washington. We don't want to undervalue our guys (these are 2 outstanding champions, and the return better be outstanding if they go), but we can't overvalue them either, especially Lowry, who may not be able see a contending window with the Raptors in what's left of his career.
      Draft picks seems to be more valuable than actual players in some of these superstar trades. Just spit-balling a few scenarios where maaaybe we could scrounge up some picks from a few teams.

FVV to NYK to 2 FRPs.
      Lowry to Sixers for 1 FRP
      OG to OKC for 2 FRPs
      Powell to NOP for 1 FRP

I didn't include Pascal because his trade value is so low now, I'm not sure we'd get a fair return.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Draft picks seems to be more valuable than actual players in some of these superstar trades. Just spit-balling a few scenarios where maaaybe we could scrounge up some picks from a few teams.

FVV to NYK to 2 FRPs.
        OG to OKC for 2 FRPs
        Powell to NOP for 1 FRP

I didn't include Pascal because his trade value is so low now, I'm not sure we'd get a fair return.
        Pascal has that potential / change of scenery tag on him still. He can get you a FRP for sure IMO.

Comment

Rockets traded Harden and ended up with only: Oladipo (expiring UFA) + Kurucs/Exum + boatload of picks & swaps.

If it's not a star-for-star trade, the team losing the star seems to be okay receiving a lot of picks, so another strategy could be to trade some assets to teams sitting on a lot of picks (e.g. OKC, NOP, NYK, HOU).

For example, OG to OKC for 2 FRPs could work, because OKC is under the cap and OG would fit with their young core. Flipping Lowry for a 1 FRP would be ideal, if there's a deal out there for that.

If you're the Raptors, if you can get Beal for OG + draft picks or Siakam + draft pikcs. You do that in a heartbeat. Nobody should be untouchable if can get a player the caliber of Beal.

Also, if you trade for a player like Beal and give up all those assets, you better be able to keep him long term. I'm pretty sure his contract ends in 2 years or whatever. I'm too tired to think or do some research right now but i'm pretty sure he signed a 2 year extension last year.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

If you're the Raptors, if you can get Beal for OG + draft picks or Siakam + draft pikcs. You do that in a heartbeat. Nobody should be untouchable if can get a player the caliber of Beal.

Also, if you trade for a player like Beal and give up all those assets, you better be able to keep him long term. I'm pretty sure his contract ends in 2 years or whatever. I'm too tired to think or do some research right now but i'm pretty sure he signed a 2 year extension last year.
            But what if the draft picks are 2021, 2022 (Swap), 2023, 2024 (Swap), 2025, 2026 (Swap)

3 picks, 3 swaps... seems like the asking price for a star player (Jrue was had for 3 picks / 2 swap; Harden 4 picks / 3 swaps; George 4 picks / 3 swaps).

Beal is only signed for 2 years and has a player option in year 3. That's a lot of draft picks for a guy that might jet. Risky gamble.. but if Masai/Bobby want to give up that draft pick capital we could get Beal for not much but a few expiring contracts and a guy with potential like TD.

Comment

FVV to NYK to 2 FRPs.
              OG to OKC for 2 FRPs
              Powell to NOP for 1 FRP

but i dont get the point of this even.... like why trade OG for 2 first rounders when most of those first rounders are trash...

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

IF?
                Have you seen any of his recent comments? Dude is fed up and unfortunately wants to go to a winner.
                NBA stars suck

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

IF?
                  Have you seen any of his recent comments? Dude is fed up and unfortunately wants to go to a winner.
                  NBA stars suck
                  Beal is one of the few stars I don't blame for wanting to leave. The team has been mediocre the 8 years he has been there and he even signed an extension, the team still did nothing.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Beal is one of the few stars I don't blame for wanting to leave. The team has been mediocre the 8 years he has been there and he even signed an extension, the team still did nothing.
                    I'm just reading into his words that he wants to go into an already winning situation ie team up with someone really good. That's not Toronto unless Masai can see using Beal here to attract another star in FA.

Comment

I'm just reading into his words that he wants to go into an already winning situation ie team up with someone really good. That's not Toronto unless Masai can see using Beal here to attract another star in FA.
                      Makes you wonder if we were still on a holding pattern from last season instead of this steep decline (meaning if we had a real centre, were playing at home etc), we would be in the mix as a landing spot for a star trade that could put us back into finals territory.

Comment

• Listen man..wtf with all these trades..Raptors aren't getting rid of there core players, period. It ain't happening, Masai ain't stupid like rest of GMs..give your head shake. Siakim..even though it's been frustrating recently, his a champion, his a good number 2..and it's a lot easier when u have great centers around siakim, less dirty work, easier 2 play..next OG..are u guys mentally stupid, listen 2 your self, u want move OG, HELL NO, this guy is gonna b something special in few years, his 22,23..just getting started..I've said it since he been a Raptors, he is the guy, It guy..the main guy..Kawli guy, give it time..Remember Kyle, Powell and I can c even the road freddy not gonna b here. Guys like siakim and og..u don't move..Masai didn't want 2 move them for kawli, what makes u think he will move for Beal.. lol..Think ppl.
                        Anyway if the raps want get Beal, they need another team 2 get involved, Lowry some other team and Beal 2 raptors and wizards get picks, expiring contract, young talent.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong, but I read it as he wants to go to a team that can give him the winning situation/culture he wants, not team up with a superstar.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

but i dont get the point of this even.... like why trade OG for 2 first rounders when most of those first rounders are trash...
                            Some GMs don’t want players, they just want first round picks ... even garbage picks and swaps. It’s become the new currency for acquiring superstars, in non star-for-star trades. Those are picks that GMs accepted in return for superstars. So if a team wants picks instead of OG, we could flip him or another player on our roster to get those picks.

Comment

• Feb 5th. That's when a lot of people are able to be traded, both on the Raptors and other teams. That's when I think the trade market will heat up.

Comment

• As of Feb 5th players like say Morris on the Clippers are able to be traded. Maybe on that date the clippers send out Morris, Lou Will and Zubac to the Wizards, the wizards send Beal to us, and we send Lowry to the Clips. Clips get their PG, we get a No 1 option and Wizards get some decent pieces and I'm sure a couple picks would be thrown their way for good measure.

That would be one of the few scenarios I could see us getting Beal. Otherwise I don't see the Wizards wanting what we are offering. We probably need a 3rd team, and that 3rd team could quite possibly want Beal as well.

On that date a bunch of other options open up as well. Baynes can be traded. Maybe we package him and Powell to the Bulls for Lavine. Obviously there is a bunch of other options after that date.

I don't see FVV being traded as he can't be moved until March 2, and I feel that will be too late, even though deadline is the 25th. I also think with OG's poison pill contract we won't end up trading him this season either (I'm also ok with this, as I see this kid as a pillar in our future team).

Comment

Working...
                                X