Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

It would truly be the cherry on top of this shit sundae.
    Why though? I'm not saying I want us to draft him, but we should absolutely think about it.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Why though? I'm not saying I want us to draft him, but we should absolutely think about it.
      We already have 2 veteran centers under long term contract, it's probably our deepest position since we will need our SGs to also play SF. We have major needs elsewhere, we have no backup PG, no SF, no backup PF. I also don't think Edey will be playable at NBA level he will be Boban 2.0 and I don't want to waste a pick on that. I watched him get absolutely cooked playing for team Canada, he is way too slow on defense and will get played off the court just like Boban. He also has an incredibly shallow bag on offense. Hook shot and put backs / dunks. He relies heavily on getting foul calls and he won't get that at NBA level. He had an entire offense built around him at Purdue and he won't have that at NBA level. He played mostly against 6'8 non nba talent and he won't have that luxury at NBA level. There will be players with a much more obvious NBA career available at that pick.
      Last edited by Primer; Tue Apr 23, 2024, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Not sure who will be available around 19.. but I think we could still get a pretty good prospect.

I like these guys and one of these guys should be there for that Pacers pick:

Devin Carter
        Jared McCain
        Kel'el Ware
        Tristan da Silva
        Tyler Kolek
        DaRon Holmes II

Would have Terrence Shannon Jr in there but he's the kid that was charged for rape. Then sued his school (Illinois) who suspended him and got reinstated. Definitely could still be innocent. He has a hearing in May. So yeah, this one is tricky. Raptors will have to do their due diligence on him.

But he could be a lottery level talent that slips because of this. Not sure Masai would want someone like this around.
        There's going to be a bunch of guys whom drop and especially in this draft. I'd care less about picking at 19 if we keep our own pick. Another month before that gets confirmed

Comment

We already have 2 veteran centers under long term contract, it's probably our deepest position since we will need our SGs to also play SF. We have major needs elsewhere, we have no backup PG, no SF, no backup PF. I also don't think Edey will be playable at NBA level he will be Boban 2.0 and I don't want to waste a pick on that. I watched him get absolutely cooked playing for team Canada, he is way too slow on defense and will get played off the court just like Boban. He also has an incredibly shallow bag on offense. Hook shot and put backs / dunks. He relies heavily on getting foul calls and he won't get that at NBA level. He had an entire offense built around him at Purdue and he won't have that at NBA level. He played mostly against 6'8 non nba talent and he won't have that luxury at NBA level. There will be players with a much more obvious NBA career available at that pick.
          So eloquently broken down.
          This should put all the silly Edey considerations in this forum to rest.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

So eloquently broken down.
            This should put all the silly Edey considerations in this forum to rest.
            Well, still, if he's still there at 31, maybe?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Well, still, if he's still there at 31, maybe?
              How is he helping the team if he'd be unplayable?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

There's going to be a bunch of guys whom drop and especially in this draft. I'd care less about picking at 19 if we keep our own pick. Another month before that gets confirmed
                There is a greater probability we don't get to keep the pick. But my current top 6 is like this (and will likely change many times before draft day):

1. Risacher
                2. Sheppard
                3. Sarr
                4. Holland
                5. Clingan
                6. Castle

Risacher could be a Bargnani style bust lol. But I like the idea of him. Long shooter that can move with the ball. Has some defensive upside.

Sarr and Holland have moved up my ranks quite a bit since the last time I looked at them. Topic has dropped off.

Comment

Kelly Olynyk is a 4/5 stretch big. He’s not a rim protector or great rebounder. I feel we need a combo forward with good size and positional versatility as well as a back up pg and center. This could come from the draft or with a free agent to plug a hole.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Kelly Olynyk is a 4/5 stretch big. He’s not a rim protector or great rebounder. I feel we need a combo forward with good size and positional versatility as well as a back up pg and center. This could come from the draft or with a free agent to plug a hole.
                    Kelly plays exclusively at C for us. We would never play Edey over him. His defense is far superior to Edeys. See team Canada game for a perfect example. If we want to grab a mobile shot blocker in draft or free agency that could be useful, but thats not Edey.

Comment

Kelly plays exclusively at C for us. We would never play Edey over him. His defense is far superior to Edeys. See team Canada game for a perfect example. If we want to grab a mobile shot blocker in draft or free agency that could be useful, but thats not Edey.
                      I never mentioned Edey. Kelly played exclusively the 5 out of necessity. Jakob was injured and we didn’t have anyone else. With a healthy roster Kelly will play some at the 4. With what I said, get a guy that can play the 3/4 spot (combo forward) and a back up PG as well a true big. Kelly provides depth at both spots, the other 2 balance out the roster. The PG is a no brainer.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

I never mentioned Edey. Kelly played exclusively the 5 out of necessity. Jakob was injured and we didn’t have anyone else. With a healthy roster Kelly will play some at the 4. With what I said, get a guy that can play the 3/4 spot (combo forward) and a back up PG as well a true big. Kelly provides depth at both spots, the other 2 balance out the roster. The PG is a no brainer.
                        You responded to my post about why we didn't need Edey and it's the draft thread so I assumed you were taking about Edey and how we could slide Kelly over to make room for Edey.

Kelly hasn't played PF in like 5 years. He's getting older his days at PF are likely done. He fits our offense perfectly at C, that's what we signed him for. Scottie getting hurt is the only scenario I see us playing Kelly at PF, and that's only if we don't sign or draft a better option which I hope we do.

I agree that a 3/4 combo forward makes a lot of sense for us to backup Scottie and potentially start at SF. Also agree PG is a no brainer.

Comment

You responded to my post about why we didn't need Edey and it's the draft thread so I assumed you were taking about Edey and how we could slide Kelly over to make room for Edey.

Kelly hasn't played PF in like 5 years. He's getting older his days at PF are likely done. He fits our offense perfectly at C, that's what we signed him for. Scottie getting hurt is the only scenario I see us playing Kelly at PF, and that's only if we don't sign or draft a better option which I hope we do.

I agree that a 3/4 combo forward makes a lot of sense for us to backup Scottie and potentially start at SF. Also agree PG is a no brainer.
                          Per BBRef, Kelly played 39% PF / 61% C for Utah this year prior to the trade. Last year 48% PF / 52 % C.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Per BBRef, Kelly played 39% PF / 61% C for Utah this year prior to the trade. Last year 48% PF / 52 % C.
                            That’s what I’m saying. He’s clearly a 4/5.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Stop it. Get out of here with your facts. We just like to say random shit around here to make points.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

How is he helping the team if he'd be unplayable?
                                I imagine the logic is that he wouldn't be the least bit unplayable and that one poster saying that he would be doesn't actually mean he would be.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X