No announcement yet.

Everything 2024 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not opposed to drafting Edey, just not super high.

It depends when we pick. If the pacers pick is a lottery pick, I don't think Edey wears a Raps jersey unless he's still on the board in the 2nd round.

If the pacers pick is like 23rd, then it becomes more of a discussion. Especially if other intriguing players are off the board by then.

The reason I would advocate to pick Edey is that he could develop chemistry with other Canadian players for the national team. We already have Barrett, Olynk and Boucher(we will see if he's still with us and he has never played on team Canada to my knowledge). This would be even more important if our new strategy is to go after Canucks in FA signings and trades.

I agree that he is a playable player Day One. But I would pencil him in for 10-15 mins a night if the team is fully healthy. Not a ton of minutes for a relatively high draft pick.

I think he is a great pick at 31. I think it would be a decent pick 23-30. I would question our pick 13-23. I would be flabbergasted if he went 1-13.

The only consistent view on this draft is inconsistency. I wouldn't be surprised if some players mock drafts have going in the lottery are still there at the end of the first round. There might also be picks in the lottery that have not come up much on draft boards.

Should be a wild ride until the draft.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

By scouts. I've been listening to podcasts from scouts for years now. Noone mentions FTs connected to 3 point shooting. You cant use hack a Edey strategy on him yes. But it's not indicator of 3 point shooting at all
      "No one mentions" is far different than debunked. There is a correlation.

https://medium.com/push-the-pace/fac...t-8c77a7e3f09a
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

"No one mentions" is far different than debunked. There is a correlation.

https://medium.com/push-the-pace/fac...t-8c77a7e3f09a
        Is Free Throw Success an Indication of Shooting Upside? (substack.com)
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• article from 2017 sounds about right

Comment

• From your article:

"Even in those responses from draft scouts, free throw shooting comes up. Perhaps the appropriate way to utilize free throw percentages is to confirm what you believe about a shooter’s mechanics and ability to become a strong 3-point threat, not to use as a starting criterion."

So your article is correct, scouts should do what they're paid to do and that's look at the player actually shooting 3's to see if it will translate. In Edey's case no one has shown anything other than that Instagram snippet that shows Edey shooting and making them.

If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

From your article:

"Even in those responses from draft scouts, free throw shooting comes up. Perhaps the appropriate way to utilize free throw percentages is to confirm what you believe about a shooter’s mechanics and ability to become a strong 3-point threat, not to use as a starting criterion."

So your article is correct, scouts should do what they're paid to do and that's look at the player actually shooting 3's to see if it will translate. In Edey's case no one has shown anything other than that Instagram snippet that shows Edey shooting and making them.
              Yes but you can't use blanket statement like he was good Free throw shooter therefore he can learn to shoot 3s. We can say he was good FT shooter and leave it at that.

Comment

• gotta be careful with hype videos especially regarding shooting.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post

Can't believe you missed on Hack-a-Zach man

Comment

Joey you can convince yourself to draft anybody with that mentality. That and somebody said "can he shoot or he just doesn't shoot". Im looking at what i can see.
                    Of course hype videos mean shit. But with Edey, he shot 2, made one in college, so no one saw him shooting 3's there. What else have you seen from Edey? And despite that Poeltl video from years back, his poor FT shooting suggested 3's weren't in his future. My point was because Edey shoots FT's at a decent clip, he has a better chance than Poeltl at being able to add that. Will he? You or I or any on this board can't say for sure, one way or the other.

Comment

• Chomche is measured at 6'9 with a 7'3 wingspan. Could be that guy we take with #31 if we're still doing the long boy thing.

Comment

Of course hype videos mean shit. But with Edey, he shot 2, made one in college, so no one saw him shooting 3's there. What else have you seen from Edey? And despite that Poeltl video from years back, his poor FT shooting suggested 3's weren't in his future. My point was because Edey shoots FT's at a decent clip, he has a better chance than Poeltl at being able to add that. Will he? You or I or any on this board can't say for sure, one way or the other.
                        Ok I get. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Anyway I'm done with Edey talk

Comment

gotta be careful with hype videos especially regarding shooting.
                          Who tf ruined his shooting form??
                          And some 'experts' are comparing Edey to him?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Commish.
                            Basketball games is a marathon, not a sprint.
                            It's all about endurance and stamina.
                            Can Zach move around for the entire 30 something minutes, over 82 games?
                            Look at his minutes and output in College and throughout the tournament playing every other day almost. He did pretty damn well!

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Who tf ruined his shooting form??
                              And some 'experts' are comparing Edey to him?
                              Wasn't Nurse the shooting coach for Raps when he got drafted.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Chomche is measured at 6'9 with a 7'3 wingspan. Could be that guy we take with #31 if we're still doing the long boy thing.
                                We can't rally afford two wiffs with the remaining picks from the Pascal trade, so I'm guessing we take one gamble (Edey, Salaun, Chomche or Carrington) and one safer choice (Carter, Kolek or Jones) not necessarily in that order, but who knows what Masai and his team think.

Last edited by Quirk; Wed Apr 10, 2024, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X