Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    I really believe that they intended to make some trades and take a step back (while still trying to land the 8th spot to get playoff revenues) then changed their minds after realizing that the market won't simply pay what you demand for Millsap.

Poor vision, lack of leadership - something along those lines rather than any backroom shenanigans.
    I don't know man, their building sneaky similar to the Raps. Both have aging All Star level guys (Well Raps have one), a couple guys who have proven to be good already with some potential, some good role players and prospects. Atlanta is only 3 games behind Toronto as well.

I guess in this way the Korver trade is just getting assets back for an upcoming 35 year old when they have a lot of prospects they believe in to replace him. Essentially the goal is to integrate young prospects - most of which are mid to late 1st rounders - into the the lineup while riding their older more accomplished guys. Pretty much what the Raps are doing.

I get what they are doing (although they could easily be trying to drive up the price of Milsap), but I don't really agree with it.

Comment

• Were gonna be the hawks in 3-4 years if we don't get a star and that worries me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        Were gonna be the hawks in 3-4 years if we don't get a star and that worries me.

Lowry is our star.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Lowry is our star.
          Not in 3-4 years, I hate to say.

Comment

• Norman powell will be a star by then #freeNormanPowell

Comment

Were gonna be the hawks in 3-4 years if we don't get a star and that worries me.

This team already surpressed the Hawks in terms of postseason success. Not by much, but Hawks couldn't even win a single game vs LBJ in te second season.

Atlanta transitioned well from the Joe Johnson/Josh Smith team to the 4x All-Star team, but they're clearly rudderless right now. I agree with Axel, they look like a franchise that isn't sure what to do.

Reminding me a bit of the Pacers, trying to build/move on from their ECF team.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• *surpassed
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Lets hope the hawks go on a losing streak that may force their hand.

Right now they are looking decent with a 6 game winning streak. Hard to convince an owner to sell your best player if the team is winning.

Comment

• Although if this draft is as good as people think, maybe thats a good place to look?

Looking at the standings, at least 22 teams (11 in each conference) have playoff aspirations currently. Obviously this is impossible and some will end up mid-late lotto. Maybe one of these teams will bite at something like Ross+a second for filler and a first. Gives you more of a chance to look at Powell to see how good he could be. The dropoff from Ross to Powell doesn't move the needle much in either direction this season, but could pay dividends in a couple years.

EDIT: Obviously a Ross trade netting Milsap or a similar player is preferred.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Lowry is our star.
                      As great as he is he can't take us to the promise land with only demar.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        This team already surpressed the Hawks in terms of postseason success. Not by much, but Hawks couldn't even win a single game vs LBJ in te second season.

Atlanta transitioned well from the Joe Johnson/Josh Smith team to the 4x All-Star team, but they're clearly rudderless right now. I agree with Axel, they look like a franchise that isn't sure what to do.

Reminding me a bit of the Pacers, trying to build/move on from their ECF team.
                        Even if we have surpassed the hawks our ceiling right now is ECF. It's just kind of disappointing.

Comment

• Gave Korver away for nothing? They got a 1st round pick for an almost 36 yr old. Yeah, he can still shoot the 3 and stretch the floor, but what other plus skills does he have?

Despite his floor stretching, Atlanta has been 13.8 points per 100 possessions better with Korver on the bench this season, according to NBA.com/stats.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

As great as he is he can't take us to the promise land with only demar.

It was going to be tough even if we had Millsap. The NBA is hardest league to win in. You need a generational talent or at least 2 super stars playing on the team at the same time. And unless they get rid of the max contract and hold refs more accountable for 'star calls'.. this league will never have parity.

I'm just having a good ol time watching this team. I've been watching this sport and specifically this team for a long time. I probably don't have the same expectations that that many here do. For all the crap that I've had to watch over the years, I just want to watch a team that's good. And we finally have one even if its not championship caliber. And on top of that we have a guy playing on the team that is arguably the best Raptor to ever play the game.

Comment

• Well here comes a vicious beating of 20pt+ losses and swept...if we make it that far.

Comment

• Is Derrick Rose getting traded right now?

Comment

Working...
                                X